Swilling brothers both commit to GT

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Wavetime
Swell

I'm not sure if we are recruiting Swilling from Brother Martin, but he was a man among boys last night. He had over 200 YDS rushing and had a long run and a kick off return called back. It was fun to watch him. Karr also has a very good QB and an extremely talented WR that we should go after.

http://sportsnola.com/jordan-swillings- ... arr-44-41/
Last edited by Wavetime on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wavetime wrote:I'm not sure if we are recruiting Swilling from Brother Martin, but he was a man among boys last night. He had over 200 YDS rushing and had a long run and a kick off return called back. It was fun to watch him. Kart also has a very good QB and an extremely talented WR that we should go after.

http://sportsnola.com/jordan-swillings- ... arr-44-41/
I am willing to bet....Swilling has all Tulane numbers on "Call Block' !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Interesting fact that many may not know. He's adopted.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Interesting fact that many may not know. He's adopted.
Completely and totally irrelevant and none of our business.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Show Me
Tsunami

Thanks TPS good stuff.
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote:
Completely and totally irrelevant and none of our business.
You are totally irrelevant Jonathan. Please go spam somewhere else.
chain gang x man
Swell

He is being trained by Donte Butler

I hope Donte is talking to him about Tulane
ajcalhoun
Swell

I hate to be Negative Nancy, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. All of the big boys are after him and he's generally considered a lock to go upriver.
God Bless Everyone!
Wavetime
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:I hate to be Negative Nancy, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. All of the big boys are after him and he's generally considered a lock to go upriver.
I sure hope you are wrong. We have gotten some Martin players of late Butler, Teamer. I hope we snag him. This kid is special. He is 19 and had to get a waiver to play even though he is a Jr. Don't know the rules on that.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

He isn't coming here. He has Alabama offers as well as every other school in the country.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bruce-Jordan announced he is also going to GT.
https://mobile.twitter.com/BruceJSwilli ... 0232665088
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:He isn't coming here. He has Alabama offers as well as every other school in the country.
At some point that has to change. Other AAC schools are able to recruit much higher ranked recruits and Coxie chose Memphis. Being unable to recruit talent to the program is a crippling problem.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

jonathanjoseph wrote:
sader24 wrote:He isn't coming here. He has Alabama offers as well as every other school in the country.
At some point that has to change. Other AAC schools are able to recruit much higher ranked recruits and Coxie chose Memphis. Being unable to recruit talent to the program is a crippling problem.
Coxie chose Memphis because he was not academically suited for LSU...if not LSU then no way in hell he was getting into Tulane
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:Coxie chose Memphis because he was not academically suited for LSU...if not LSU then no way in hell he was getting into Tulane
Technically, Coxie wasn't suited for anywhere since he was academically redshirted at Memphis. In theory, he could have ended up at Tulane since he met that academic redshirt requirements late, but offering him would have been irresponsible since he is having fundamental academic issues, and, given those issues, it seems likely that he would have struggled in the classroom and likely not graduated at Tulane.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:Coxie chose Memphis because he was not academically suited for LSU...if not LSU then no way in hell he was getting into Tulane
Technically, Coxie wasn't suited for anywhere since he was academically redshirted at Memphis. In theory, he could have ended up at Tulane since he met that academic redshirt requirements late, but offering him would have been irresponsible since he is having fundamental academic issues, and, given those issues, it seems likely that he would have struggled in the classroom and likely not graduated at Tulane.

"Academic Redshirt"....is this the Politically Correct term for "Prop 48" ?
Aberzombie1892
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:

"Academic Redshirt"....is this the Politically Correct term for "Prop 48" ?
Yes and the new rule became effective 8/1/16. All it does is allow programs to sign recruits on athletic scholarships that are not full qualifiers but are relatively close to being full qualifiers.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_cen ... ements.pdf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposition_48_(NCAA)