Three Star QB Jack Abraham

Talk about the latest recruits here.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

chain gang x man wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Abraham has committed to Louisiana Tech. Guess even LSU was too run-centric for his liking.
Transferring from La Tech
#Transfer Jack Abraham @jackabraham30 4merly @LATechFB set to transfer to @ NW Mississippi JuCo @NWCC_Rangers
IF (and that's a big IF) we really think this is the young man that can run Fritz's offense, we should be on him like white on rice. We need a good QB, one that can, with this offense, make up for a lot of O-line deficiencies. With this offense, you only need to win a battle designed to be won at the point of attack. If run properly and with the right personnel, it's very, very difficult to stop. That's why I think NEXT year is the make or break year for Fritz. I still stand by my prediction of somehow winning 6 this year, but the turnover needed in the roster to run this offense isn't going to happen quickly.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: IF (and that's a big IF) we really think this is the young man that can run Fritz's offense, we should be on him like white on rice. We need a good QB, one that can, with this offense, make up for a lot of O-line deficiencies. With this offense, you only need to win a battle designed to be won at the point of attack. If run properly and with the right personnel, it's very, very difficult to stop. That's why I think NEXT year is the make or break year for Fritz. I still stand by my prediction of somehow winning 6 this year, but the turnover needed in the roster to run this offense isn't going to happen quickly.
Abraham decommitted from Tulane immediately after Fritz was announced as head coach. There were rumors that he was encouraged to leave by the new staff. That train has left the station.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

It's highly unlikely that Tulane will land a strong passer like Abraham (CJs crown jewel commit) until Fritz shows that his offense can work with significantly more passing than it showed last year. No good high school passer wants to join a program that doesn't pass much.
DrBox
Riptide

Aberzombie1892 wrote:It's highly unlikely that Tulane will land a strong passer like Abraham (CJs crown jewel commit) until Fritz shows that his offense can work with significantly more passing than it showed last year. No good high school passer wants to join a program that doesn't pass much.
Tulane passes the ball. We need a QB who can also run.
That's why Tulane let him go.
La Tech is the perfect offense for him, and yet, he left there too..........maybe he can get to Rice or somewhere - he wanted to go to an academic school in the first place.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:It's highly unlikely that Tulane will land a strong passer like Abraham (CJs crown jewel commit) until Fritz shows that his offense can work with significantly more passing than it showed last year. No good high school passer wants to join a program that doesn't pass much.
Tulane passes the ball. We need a QB who can also run.
That's why Tulane let him go.
La Tech is the perfect offense for him, and yet, he left there too..........maybe he can get to Rice or somewhere - he wanted to go to an academic school in the first place.
Abraham always struck me as a lesser version of Tanner Lee. And now that Abraham has bombed out at La Tech, I doubt he'll ever be a Tanner Lee. Neither Tanner, Abraham, or any immobile QB has any chance behind Tulane's leaky O line. I have more confidence that our O line might be able to run block, far more than they will ever be able to pass block. Abraham would have just been another CJ washout.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:
DfromCT wrote: IF (and that's a big IF) we really think this is the young man that can run Fritz's offense, we should be on him like white on rice. We need a good QB, one that can, with this offense, make up for a lot of O-line deficiencies. With this offense, you only need to win a battle designed to be won at the point of attack. If run properly and with the right personnel, it's very, very difficult to stop. That's why I think NEXT year is the make or break year for Fritz. I still stand by my prediction of somehow winning 6 this year, but the turnover needed in the roster to run this offense isn't going to happen quickly.
Abraham decommitted from Tulane immediately after Fritz was announced as head coach. There were rumors that he was encouraged to leave by the new staff. That train has left the station.
I thought he was more of an athletic QB than a pocket passer, but I could be wrong. I also thought he didn't de-commit until he got an offer from LSU.
DrBox
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:
I thought he was more of an athletic QB than a pocket passer, but I could be wrong. I also thought he didn't de-commit until he got an offer from LSU.
He decommited due to an LSU offer, but then went to La Tech? He never got a LSU offer. He wanted to come to Tulane. He wasn't a fit.
I'm not so sure he bombed out at La Tech either. He was the backup.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

DrBox wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
He decommited due to an LSU offer, but then went to La Tech? He never got a LSU offer. He wanted to come to Tulane. He wasn't a fit.
Somehow, I've mistaken him for a different recruit. His recruiting profiles list him as a pro-style QB, which would indicate a pocket-passer type, which is not a fit in this offense. Somebody ELSE said he bombed at La Tech, not me.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
DrBox wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Somehow, I've mistaken him for a different recruit. His recruiting profiles list him as a pro-style QB, which would indicate a pocket-passer type, which is not a fit in this offense. Somebody ELSE said he bombed at La Tech, not me.
From the videos of his senior year, he was definitely a pocket passer. From watching his videos, one of the main reasons his team made it to the Mississippi state championship game was that there were a couple of outstanding WRs on that team. I wish we could have signed on of them.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:

You might be thinking of Lindsey Scott. He never had actually committed to us, but as soon as the LSU offer came out, he jumped at it. He was a big target for Fritz year one, but it didn't happen. Abraham de committed after Fritz was hired, because the offense wasn't compatible with his style.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Yeah 6'0 Abraham was a strong passer that was overlooked by elite programs because of his height - not unlike 6'0 Devante Kincade and 5'11 Lindsay Scott. Jack would have been a great passer, but, as other posters have mentioned, he would not have fit into what Fritz appears to want to do since Fritz appears to care more about athletic ability than traditional passing ability and traditional measurements.

As a side note, Tulane should just target elite QBs under 6'2, as it would dramatically decrease the competition with elite P5s. One could argue that LSU still signed Lindsay Scott, but (1) he was never going to start under Miles and probably won't ever start under Orgeron and (2) he was only signed because LSU struck out on all of its QB targets and its fanbase would have revolted without a QB being signed.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Looks like he has a good chance to start this year:

https://www.sunherald.com/sports/colleg ... 09490.html
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

No kidding? That's why Keon Howard transferred. Jack and the incumbent were ahead of him, and it looked like Jack Abraham was going to be the starter.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Always with the attack. Lighten up. It's recent news. Griggs appeared most likely to start but either way this makes it a sure thing. for Abraham. Have a nice day.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jack Abraham and USM had an easy game with Jackson St (55-7). Jack was 21 of 27 with 4 TDs and 0 ints.

USM has a much tougher schedule for the next 5 games: UL-Monroe; at Applachian State; Rice; at Auburn; at No Texas State. It will be very interesting to see how Jack performs against some tough opponents. It appears that Rice may be the softest game of the next five.
wave97
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:29 pm Jack Abraham and USM had an easy game with Jackson St (55-7). Jack was 21 of 27 with 4 TDs and 0 ints.

USM has a much tougher schedule for the next 5 games: UL-Monroe; at Applachian State; Rice; at Auburn; at No Texas State. It will be very interesting to see how Jack performs against some tough opponents. It appears that Rice may be the softest game of the next five.
Rice will quickly shed its lowly status after a couple of recruiting classes.
Mike Bloomgren would've been my choice to replace CJ. I can't believe that any search consultant would've left him off of a list of candidates for Dannen & Fitts to consider. I wonder how that conversation went....?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't get why folks are infatuated with Jack Abraham. He committed, de-committed and has moved on with his life. So should we. I'm sure people posting in this thread think more about Jack than Jack does about Tulane. It's not like he's Tanner Lee for crying out loud. :lol: :roll: :oops:
wave97
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:28 am I don't get why folks are infatuated with Jack Abraham. He committed, de-committed and has moved on with his life. So should we. I'm sure people posting in this thread think more about Jack than Jack does about Tulane. It's not like he's Tanner Lee for crying out loud. :lol: :roll: :oops:
My money is on Jack, who I think will continue executing the RPO at a very high level. If you can't accept the irony in that, there's nothing else to say.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:58 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:28 am I don't get why folks are infatuated with Jack Abraham. He committed, de-committed and has moved on with his life. So should we. I'm sure people posting in this thread think more about Jack than Jack does about Tulane. It's not like he's Tanner Lee for crying out loud. :lol: :roll: :oops:
My money is on Jack, who I think will continue executing the RPO at a very high level. If you can't accept the irony in that, there's nothing else to say.
Clearly, you fall into the group that thinks about Jack more than Jack thinks about Tulane. A few YEARS ago he spurned us. When it came time to transfer back to a D1 school, he didn't even consider us.
wave97
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:37 am
wave97 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:58 am
Clearly, you fall into the group that thinks about Jack more than Jack thinks about Tulane. A few YEARS ago he spurned us. When it came time to transfer back to a D1 school, he didn't even consider us.
Whatever you say boss! Thank you for contributing such valuable insight to this forum.
GreenLantern
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:37 am A few YEARS ago he spurned us. When it came time to transfer back to a D1 school, he didn't even consider us.
D, I'm not certain that Jack 'spurned' us. He was a solid commit as well as a Parade All-American who transferred to La Tech after Coach Fritz came onboard. Whether the decision to transfer was mutual or if he was told that there was no place for him in Coach Fritz's option offense is a matter of debate (there seemed to be little 'P' in Coach Fritz's RPO at that juncture). You may recall that Abraham was planning on early enrollment at Tulane (pre-med) when Coach Johnson was fired and we had no AD. Being an Abraham fan, and fearing that he was being overlooked during the transition, I corresponded with Troy Dannen during his first few days as AD. Troy indicated that he was unaware of the Abraham situation and promised to look into it. A few days later, Coach Fritz was hired and the rest is history.

I have closely followed Jack's career since he was a HS junior at Oxford. Just as others have ongoing interest in Lindsey Scott, I have continued to follow Jack's career. Like Wave97, I find it a bit ironic that Jack is starting at USM and Tulane has accepted the transfer of Keon Howard, the QB that Jack unseated as starter. No bitterness or sour grapes intended, I nevertheless think about what might have been as I wish Abraham continued success. For the record, I wish Keon Howard even greater success.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's a pretty good account of what happened. However he didn't unseat Howard. Howard was battling the QB who was recently suspended. So Jack got the job as the starter. I hope he makes the most of it.