Three Star QB Jack Abraham

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Jaxwave
Swell

Can't really tell with pads on whether he was as frail as Abraham at the same age.

nawlinspete
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote:Can't really tell with pads on whether he was as frail as Abraham at the same age.
Drew, what say you ? Were you basically the same as Jack as a HS Senior, or what ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
ExileWave
Surge

Lee was and is pretty frail looking despite his height. Without an upgrade in the OL any QB is going to get battered. Brees could not survive behind our line.
Jaxwave
Swell

Truer words have not been spoken!
GreenLantern
Riptide

If you're having football withdrawal pains, here's an entertaining video of Jack's OHS state championship game. The video shows pre-game and half-time coach's locker-room comments. The dramatic last second attempt to score and win the state title begins between 12:00 and 13:00. BTW, this was coach Johnny Hill's final game before retiring. Tough loss for a final game.

phpBB [video]
Bigschtick
Riptide

Jack Abraham may not be enrolling in spring as reported by a poster on Rivals site.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Forever TU
Surge

Per his Twitter Abraham has decomitted
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Forever TU wrote:Per his Twitter Abraham has decomitted
System doesn't fit him, not sure it fits Lee either. Have to have at least the threat of the run by the QB.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WF himself has said the QB does not have to be a good runner in this system. He has said he needs to be able to throw so that defenses just can't come down and fill in the box.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

No surprise here. Once CJ was canned I thought that might happen. That's why WF has offered Lindsey Scott.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:WF himself has said the QB does not have to be a good runner in this system. He has said he needs to be able to throw so that defenses just can't come down and fill in the box.
+1
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Best of luck to Jack, a very fine young man indeed. It was a fun ride following his high school career and it certainly mitigated the disappointment from the Wave losses this season. Keep an eye on him as I predict he's going to be very special.

BTW, I'll always believe that he touched that pylon with the football before going OB on the last play of the state championship game.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
System doesn't fit him, not sure it fits Lee either. Have to have at least the threat of the run by the QB.
He's better suited in a pro offense if he wants to excel at QB.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

With so much uncertainty as to what type of offense WF is going to run here I would expect we are going to struggle to get highly skilled offensive players to come in year one until Fritz Show's Me he not running a triple option. So I expect this first recruiting season to be very subpar.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

From watching the video of Oxford's championship game, it looked like a lot of the passing yardage was on short passes in the flank, and then the receiver took off for a long gain. I think I would feel worse if we were losing one of those receivers.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I have never been impressed w/him. In two years I think we will have forgotten we ever recruited him.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DrBox
Riptide

Lee has 2 years of eligibility left. His best option is to play this year, see how it goes, and make sure he earns his TU degree. If the O doesn't fit him, he can transfer as a 5th year transfer.
He's actually in a good position for himself and Tulane is in a good position with him.
Jonathan
Riptide

I think our new coach will find the best QBfor us. We need a new QB with speed to roll and run out of the pocket and also a strong arm to pass. Not Tanner.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The young man decommitted, He said he spoke to Coach Fritz and the offense discussed did not suit his style of play...if it did not suit his, I doubt that Tanner Lee will be in the discussion come fall camp... next years QB will be a transfer
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm not crazy about the prospects of running the triple option, or any hybrid of it that has the QB throwing the ball 10x/game. At the same time, if we win, and win regularly, I'll adjust. I don't wish Jack Abraham any ill will, but would like to see him go to Syracuse (and send Lindsey Scott to Tulane!) Dino Babers would be a good coach for Jack.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:I'm not crazy about the prospects of running the triple option, or any hybrid of it that has the QB throwing the ball 10x/game. At the same time, if we win, and win regularly, I'll adjust. I don't wish Jack Abraham any ill will, but would like to see him go to Syracuse (and send Lindsey Scott to Tulane!) Dino Babers would be a good coach for Jack.
D-CT...what did you think of the Houston Offense ?...The style of offense that Tulane will use will not be the Triple option...it will be the Spread-Read- Option... this will take the best element of three offensive theories; Spread... The Wing/Wishbone..and the Option....You will see a combination of Navy/Ga Tech...TCU....Houston.... This offense requires a QB that is mobile, he has to be able to run...pitch...and throw... I am not sure that Tulane has a QB on Campus that can do all of these things
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:I'm not crazy about the prospects of running the triple option, or any hybrid of it that has the QB throwing the ball 10x/game. At the same time, if we win, and win regularly, I'll adjust. I don't wish Jack Abraham any ill will, but would like to see him go to Syracuse (and send Lindsey Scott to Tulane!) Dino Babers would be a good coach for Jack.
D-CT...what did you think of the Houston Offense ?...The style of offense that Tulane will use will not be the Triple option...it will be the Spread-Read- Option... this will take the best element of three offensive theories; Spread... The Wing/Wishbone..and the Option....You will see a combination of Navy/Ga Tech...TCU....Houston.... This offense requires a QB that is mobile, he has to be able to run...pitch...and throw... I am not sure that Tulane has a QB on Campus that can do all of these things
If we score as many points as Houston did this past season, I don't care if we run the single wing, split T or veer offense. Anything will be more enjoyable than the CJ/Price offense. It will give the D a rest, too. The Cougars were roughly 60-40 run to pass, I can live with that. Again, just win, baby.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

Where is he going?
RobertM320
Green Wave

Abraham has committed to Louisiana Tech. Guess even LSU was too run-centric for his liking.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
chain gang x man
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Abraham has committed to Louisiana Tech. Guess even LSU was too run-centric for his liking.
Transferring from La Tech
#Transfer Jack Abraham @jackabraham30 4merly @LATechFB set to transfer to @ NW Mississippi JuCo @NWCC_Rangers