Local high school baseball hitting leaders.

Talk about the latest recruits here.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Tommy Mathews son on that list.
http://highschoolsports.nola.com/news/a ... h-20-2015/
Talked w/Tommy a couple of months ago and he introduced me to his son. He talked of his interest in Tulane .I asked if he could hit as good as Tommy. Tommy said he hits better than he did. Hope things work out.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
breaker
Ripple

I have seen Grant Mathews play quite a bit and am not sure he would be D1 caliber. He's a fine hitter (lefty, good contact, moderate power) at the 1A level, but not a great fielder as a first baseman. His HS teammate Michael Mann was an equally good hitter and is riding the pine at D3 Washington University. The MVP of his district 2 years ago, Stewart Campbell, is a solid but not dominating starter at Loyola. I'd be curious if Grant played any showcase or Legion ball to face better pitching than he does in 1A. That would tell more if he could make the jump up.
Jonathan
Riptide

Hope you could put the Tulane baseball recruiting coordinator and Coach Pierce with Tommy and his son.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

breaker wrote:I have seen Grant Mathews play quite a bit and am not sure he would be D1 caliber. He's a fine hitter (lefty, good contact, moderate power) at the 1A level, but not a great fielder as a first baseman. His HS teammate Michael Mann was an equally good hitter and is riding the pine at D3 Washington University. The MVP of his district 2 years ago, Stewart Campbell, is a solid but not dominating starter at Loyola. I'd be curious if Grant played any showcase or Legion ball to face better pitching than he does in 1A. That would tell more if he could make the jump up.
Thx. Never seen him play.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
wavemania
Surge

No offense, but playing for Country Day probably means he isn't that great.
chain gang x man
Swell

Is Glenn Pursell the son of Ricky Pursell Tulane pitcher in the 80's?