Brian Webb & John Washington

Talk about the latest recruits here.
wave97
Swell

It's apparent that absent of a fifth year transfer, we're going to need at least one of these two incoming freshman to produce this year. When CJ calls out the defense for giving up too many run yards when a 19 year old true freshman is out of the line up, it calls into question what's going on with the other 5 defensive tackles (excluding Tanzel), on the roster?

TU23
High Tide

I wasn't at the scrimmage, but the stats weren't that bad if you take out the 25 yard end around from Veal (38 rushes for 142 yards for 3.7 ypc). It could just be CJ getting on the defense for something. Either way, I think you'll see one of those guys playing some next year. Plus Eldrick Washington is out right now as well and he figures to be a 2nd team DT with Redwine who didn't appear in the stat column from the scrimmage (don't know if he played or not). I'm not really worried about our defense. Our offense...that's a whole different story.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

TU23 wrote:I wasn't at the scrimmage, but the stats weren't that bad if you take out the 25 yard end around from Veal (38 rushes for 142 yards for 3.7 ypc). It could just be CJ getting on the defense for something. Either way, I think you'll see one of those guys playing some next year. Plus Eldrick Washington is out right now as well and he figures to be a 2nd team DT with Redwine who didn't appear in the stat column from the scrimmage (don't know if he played or not). I'm not really worried about our defense. Our offense...that's a whole different story.
We play three options teams, run D is a major talking point.

What we may need more is for one of the incoming WRs to produce.
Jonathan
Riptide

We have been terrible over the years to cover the individual players in the option. Playing Army is a great example of that.
kingcole
Low Tide

The good news is both Starting DT's had impact Fr. years so one or both could give us quality depth. Redwine coming back helps as will E Washington who is coming off an injury. We also have E. Bell at DT but never heard anything on him. I think we will be fine at DT and would worry more about WR, OL .and QB.
wave97
Swell

We will need to run an odd front on occasion & particularly so against the flex bone. We will need to field 3 interior lineman who can wreak havoc while freeing up our LB's - no small task. I just don't see it happening. If our LB's aren't given time and space (like they were in 2013), it's going to get ugly.
If we run an up tempo offense with the same results as last year our defense may be on the field for 80 to 90 snaps a game. I hope Sean Wilson will be able to arrive at camp in tip top condition because he was showing a lot of wear in the second half of last season.