5-Star OT Willie Allen will visit Tulane tomorrow

Talk about the latest recruits here.
lano
Ripple

https://twitter.com/willie31allen "Tulane visit tomorrow #RollWave"

http://247sports.com/Player/Willie-Allen-23486

While I don't think we're under serious consideration, it is good to get these high level players on campus. When other recruits see that one of the best players in the state is visiting Tulane, it helps to change the perception of Tulane among high level players and they will eventually start to consider Tulane as a legitimate option. I'm not saying we're not going to start landing 4 star players, but these kinds of things show an improved perception of Tulane football among LA recruits.

wavemania
Surge

Just got to start the pay college athletes rule a little early and we could land him. ;)
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

It means nothing. CJ has gotten a good number of 4 and 5 star recruits to campus, despite our public image. Then they see the facilities (or lack thereof) and rule Tulane out completely.

The cruel joke is that we just spent ~$100M to end up in such a situation, and no one cars enough to bother holding the idiot behind that $100M mistake accountable.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

jonathanjoseph wrote:It means nothing. CJ has gotten a good number of 4 and 5 star recruits to campus, despite our public image. Then they see the facilities (or lack thereof) and rule Tulane out completely.

The cruel joke is that we just spent ~$100M to end up in such a situation, and no one cars enough to bother holding the idiot behind that $100M mistake accountable.
I am not taking up for RD...but the Alum's that paid for Yulman were asked to fund an Indoor practice facility and they said no...that is when plans for an on campus stadium was put into the works.... so If ya wanna point the stinky finger of blame......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:It means nothing. CJ has gotten a good number of 4 and 5 star recruits to campus, despite our public image. Then they see the facilities (or lack thereof) and rule Tulane out completely.

I am not taking up for RD...but the Alum's that paid for Yulman were asked to fund an Indoor practice facility and they said no...that is when plans for an on campus stadium was put into the works.... so If ya wanna point the stinky finger of blame......

golf that's not true. Just another lie by RD to cover his ass. The stadium came about b/c they put plans together for a new basketball venue on Rosen that would have included the basketball practice facility. When the price tag came to $40 million the two idiots said well we can build a football stadium for that. They then set forth on building it. There was never a fundraising effort for the facilities we needed and the coaches have long asked for,i.e., IPF and football ops.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Allen tweeted that he is "definitely taking an official" to Tulane. #Top 5
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:

I have zero knowledge of what happened, but I'd be highly inclined to call BS on this.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

golf that's not true. Just another lie by RD to cover his ass. The stadium came about b/c they put plans together for a new basketball venue on Rosen that would have included the basketball practice facility. When the price tag came to $40 million the two idiots said well we can build a football stadium for that. They then set forth on building it. There was never a fundraising effort for the facilities we needed and the coaches have long asked for,i.e., IPF and football ops.
For now I will stand corrected... I will contact the person who gave me this info and asked for more in depth details in regards to the IPF vs OCS
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jonathan
Riptide

Tulane will never sign many or any 4 or 5 star athletes like LSU A&M until we get to the Big 12,ACC or SEC.
Wavetime
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

For now I will stand corrected... I will contact the person who gave me this info and asked for more in depth details in regards to the IPF vs OCS
Golf, that was my understanding as well. But hey, I may be wrong.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wavetime wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

Golf, that was my understanding as well. But hey, I may be wrong.
My source is a long time employee at Tulane ... I trust them to always give me the facts
MicMan
Swell

I heard recently that of the starting lineups in the Super Bowl, there were no 5-star college recruits.
AugWave
Swell

Jonathan wrote:Tulane will never sign many or any 4 or 5 star athletes like LSU A&M until we get to the Big 12,ACC or SEC.
Maybe it's just me, but good God, I swear it seems like you yell your statements out monotone and spit drools from your bottom lip afterward.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
Jonathan
Riptide

Please let me know when we ever sign a four or five star athlete like LSU A&M does every year.. I would be very excited. I call it factually as I see it.
AugWave
Swell

At some point you have to come up for air. You're deepthroating LSU football more than the groupies on their own campus.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
Jonathan
Riptide

I dislike LSU A&M but by being in the SEC they are the best football team in the state and recruit all four and five star players. I am realistic and pragmatic as a long time Tulane fan and graduate .We sadly under CJ were rated fourth in Louisiana in football recruiting this year after LSU ULL and La Tech.
wavemania
Surge

Funny, I don't think Duke Riley or Foster Moreau were 4 star players.
Jonathan
Riptide

When was the last time Tulane signed a five star recruit maybe 50 years ago!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jonathan wrote:Please let me know when we ever sign a four or five star athlete like LSU A&M does every year.. I would be very excited. I call it factually as I see it.
Let me know what non-P5's signed 4 or 5 star recruits in 2015. You're the one asking the question, do a 5 minute internet search. I know in 2014 there were less than 10 that went to a non-P5 institution.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
lano
Ripple

Wave QB
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Please let me know when we ever sign a four or five star athlete like LSU A&M does every year.. I would be very excited. I call it factually as I see it.
Let me know what non-P5's signed 4 or 5 star recruits in 2015. You're the one asking the question, do a 5 minute internet search. I know in 2014 there were less than 10 that went to a non-P5 institution.

I hate to get in ya'll debate, but I know that AAC teams like UCF, Temple, Memphis, and Tulsa landed at least one. SDSU, SJSU and Boise State are in the same boat. Temple grabbed two 4 star a recruits.

I really expected CJ to be able to land at least one 4 star WR at this point. I was very confident that he could land at least four or five 3 star WR's at this point. Teddy Veal is a good WR, but he is not big enough to dominate. CJ needs to really get out and find a 6'4 to 6'5 kid who can get up and grab. CJ's is fooling himself if he believes we can be successful in the FBS off bringing in kids with speed and average hands alone. We need some big guys.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Wave QB wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

I hate to get in ya'll debate, but I know that AAC teams like UCF, Temple, Memphis, and Tulsa landed at least one. SDSU, SJSU and Boise State are in the same boat. Temple grabbed two 4 star a recruits.

I really expected CJ to be able to land at least one 4 star WR at this point. I was very confident that he could land at least four or five 3 star WR's at this point. Teddy Veal is a good WR, but he is not big enough to dominate. CJ needs to really get out and find a 6'4 to 6'5 kid who can get up and grab. CJ's is fooling himself if he believes we can be successful in the FBS off bringing in kids with speed and average hands alone. We need some big guys.
How many 4-star athletes are going to bypass opportunities to go places that take football seriously? Tulane does not take success in athletics seriously and this is obvious to all. It's not fair to ask a recruiter to be able to overcome a university that 1) refuses to acknowledge there being any problem with 15+ years of embarrassing D1A football and has 2) dramatically worse facilities.

CJ"s recruiting, with the handicaps he's been given, is nothing short of miraculous. The talent upgrade is fantastic. The fault is, again, with the administration that has no intention of giving their employees the resources they need to be successful.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

How many 4-star athletes are going to bypass opportunities to go places that take football seriously? Tulane does not take success in athletics seriously and this is obvious to all. It's not fair to ask a recruiter to be able to overcome a university that 1) refuses to acknowledge there being any problem with 15+ years of embarrassing D1A football and has 2) dramatically worse facilities.

CJ"s recruiting, with the handicaps he's been given, is nothing short of miraculous. The talent upgrade is fantastic. The fault is, again, with the administration that has no intention of giving their employees the resources they need to be successful.
Again, I want you, Jonathan, to spend 5 minutes with a google search and come back and tell me how many 4 and 5 star players this year went to non P5 schools. In 2014 the number was less than a dozen.

WaveQB, feel free to take on the same mission. There's something like 350 4 and 5 star (though the # for 5* is 30 something) football recruits in the country. Less than 5%, or typically 10-12 go to the 60+ schools that make up the G5. That's plain reality. If we have 4-6 scattered through the AAC in the 2015 recruiting class, then the conference had a hell of a good year recruiting. Tulsa landed one that followed the (new)coach.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
swampnik
Surge

Did Willie Allen finally commit to a school?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
sader24
Tsunami

Been underperforming at his camps. Offers have likely dropped as will his ranking.