Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Profoundwizard
Swell

He only committed so he can attend Mardi Gras the next 4 years. Too good to pass up.

Jonathan
Riptide

We need commitments from Brown,Dale and Williams now or otherwise our 2015 recruiting class is a major disaster in my humble opinion.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good to hear. We absolutely need to keep getting good O-Linemen.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Great pickup. All the negative people who said the coaches wasted their time going after him can eat my (Quan) Shorts
+1
You can't get them without trying.
Amen. I think we're all pretty negative on this board due to the crap that Tulane has served up over the last 50 years but some people take it to the extreme. On one hand, they complain about the quality of the recruiting class but as soon as we get a quality recruit to show interest, all they want to do is pontificate back handed comments about how we have no shot and that we're just being used. Jeez.
Jonathan
Riptide

If you are referring to me, I call a spade a spade. This Tulane recruiting class 2015 is one of the worst in the state and the bottom of the AAC. But when we get a commitment from a three star athlete like Brown I acknowledge it and hope we can get six more three and four stars by Wednesday. I want all Tulane athletic programs to succeed waiting sixty years but until Rick Dickson,Conroy and maybe CJ go it will never be. Three wins in football and no NCAA tournament appearances in men's basketball in almost 20 years is a travesty! I have a lot of faith in Coach Pierce to get us back to Omaha!
greenphantom
Swell

Jonathan wrote:If you are referring to me, I call a spade a spade. This Tulane recruiting class 2015 is one of the worst in the state and the bottom of the AAC. But when we get a commitment from a three star athlete like Brown I acknowledge it and hope we can get six more three and four stars by Wednesday. I want all Tulane athletic programs to succeed waiting sixty years but until Rick Dickson,Conroy and maybe CJ go it will never be. Three wins in football and no NCAA tournament appearances in men's basketball in almost 20 years is a travesty! I have a lot of faith in Coach Pierce to get us back to Omaha!
I'm referring to the people who went on a rant about how Quan Shorts and Leeward Brown were just using us for a free trip. No doubt this class is nothing to write home about but if we can add a couple more like Dale and Williams, the class can at least be respectable. Just don't get the people who bitch about the recruiting and and then in the same thread say the staff is wasting their time bringing in a solid recruit for a visit.
Jonathan
Riptide

Amen. I agree with you.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

A former Miami commitment, Brown also had offers from Louisville, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, South Florida, Cincinnati, Temple, Pittsburgh and others.

Offensive line was identified as a position of need late in the recruiting process by Tulane coaches and they were looking to gain at least one spot on the line with the few remaining scholarships available.

Brown is considered a consensus three-star recruit and becomes the 10th three-star commitment for the Green Wave according to ESPN but just the second according to Rivals.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
A former Miami commitment, Brown also had offers from Louisville, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, South Florida, Cincinnati, Temple, Pittsburgh and others.

Offensive line was identified as a position of need late in the recruiting process by Tulane coaches and they were looking to gain at least one spot on the line with the few remaining scholarships available.

Brown is considered a consensus three-star recruit and becomes the 10th three-star commitment for the Green Wave according to ESPN but just the second according to Rivals.
What's frustrating about that is the late identifying of OL as a position of need. Despite some improvement last year our OL is still no where close to where it needs to be for this program to succeed. That's not encouraging w/regards to the staff. This was supposed to be a balanced class as per CJ before the process began. Then we go out and get 8 DB's in a small class. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave QB
Swell

I really thought our 2013 class OL signees were going to do great things.
wave97
Swell

The "U" is repulsing prospects from South Florida. I guess Al Golden and the button down Joe Paterno schtick isn't going over too well. Glad we were on the receiving end of one of their cast offs.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave QB wrote:I really thought our 2013 class OL signees were going to do great things.
you heard of the WWF ?.... I am told by someone in the Tulane Athletic Dept the 2013 OL Signees are the WSF... Weak...Slow....Fat
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
sader24 wrote:Ya'll are ridiculously negative.
+1. I'm not very impressed with the class as it stands at the moment but you got to wonder where people's heads are at when we have a very good recruit come to campus for a visit and all some do is spew negative. Some random dude posts that Quan Shorts used Tulane for a free visit and some take it likes its gospel. Just cause we couldn't flip someone doesn't mean they had ulterior motives.
I am not a "random dude" and I know my head is attached to my neck and not stuck up my, or anyone's else's azz... I stand by my opinion/post regarding Shorts' visit ... As far as "gospel" you need to turn to Jimmy Swaggart and his followers on Airline Blvd/Hwy.. or Joel Olsteen and the Lakewood Church crowd in Houston for your direction. FYI... Lakewood church is in the building, that at one time was named "The Summit" and later the "Compaq Center" where the Houston Rockets and Tulane alum Phil Hicks once played

You are definitely not a "random dude." You're a very unique character and I appreciate your humorous comments
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:
TU23 wrote:Brown committed so I guess you are renewing your season tickets Golfnut.
I posted "signed" not "committed".... I find it interesting prior to his visit he stated he would not make a college announcement until "signing day"...so I have my doubts he will be on campus at Tulane

Leeward Brown has signed his NLI. Glad to see you'll be renewing your tickets, golfnut69. Smartass.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
TU23 wrote:Brown committed so I guess you are renewing your season tickets Golfnut.
I posted "signed" not "committed".... I find it interesting prior to his visit he stated he would not make a college announcement until "signing day"...so I have my doubts he will be on campus at Tulane

Leeward Brown has signed his NLI. Glad to see you'll be renewing your tickets, golfnut69. Smartass.
It is a win for me...instead of my usual 10 tix's, I now only have to purchase one !!!!...and because I am a kinder, gentler individual, I will not refer to you as dumbass...but then again...what the Hell !!!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Leeward Brown is also transferring. Just a question. I know this is the way things are in today's college football, but how does this affect a school's APR, when players transfer out before their eligibility is up?
https://twitter.com/leeboe71/status/940284703155867649
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

From past discussions I don't think it impacts Tulane if they leave in good academic standing.

As for Brown I hope things work out for him. He backed up Briggs who some say was our weakest link on this weak unit and yet he couldn't regain his starting spot. I have said before that WF does everything he can to win now and I think every year we will end up with an almost full class of signees. So no more years of 16-18 signees. This also will help our recruiting rankings.
Bigschtick
Riptide

greenphantom wrote:
sader24 wrote:Ya'll are ridiculously negative.
+1. I'm not very impressed with the class as it stands at the moment but you got to wonder where people's heads are at when we have a very good recruit come to campus for a visit and all some do is spew negative. Some random dude posts that Quan Shorts used Tulane for a free visit and some take it likes its gospel. Just cause we couldn't flip someone doesn't mean they had ulterior motives.

A very reasonable conclusion!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DrBox
Riptide

winwave wrote:From past discussions I don't think it impacts Tulane if they leave in good academic standing.
Correct.
These kind of moves need to happen.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:From past discussions I don't think it impacts Tulane if they leave in good academic standing.

As for Brown I hope things work out for him. He backed up Briggs who some say was our weakest link on this weak unit and yet he couldn't regain his starting spot. I have said before that WF does everything he can to win now and I think every year we will end up with an almost full class of signees. So no more years of 16-18 signees. This also will help our recruiting rankings.
Can you explain how this will help our recruiting rankings? Brown was a recruit in 2015, played 3 seasons and is leaving. What am I missing?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote:

Can you explain how this will help our recruiting rankings? Brown was a recruit in 2015, played 3 seasons and is leaving. What am I missing?
He's basically saying that signing a 25 member class will lead to a higher recruiting ranking than signing an 18 member class would even if the quality of the recruits is the same between the two classes. To phrase it differently, each individual recruit is worth a certain number of points, so, even if hypothetical recruiting class is exclusively low end recruits, signing 25 of them is worth more to the rankings than only signing 18 of them.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

As long as he gets a degree at the next school we won’t be penalized.
What’s crazy is if they don’t graduate down the road it will count against us years later. I think it’s a bad way of accounting for transfers. If they leave your school in good academic standing then you should not be penalized for something later at another school. By him leaving, his original recruiting class will be downgraded but it is made up in this class.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

He's basically saying that signing a 25 member class will lead to a higher recruiting ranking than signing an 18 member class would even if the quality of the recruits is the same between the two classes. To phrase it differently, each individual recruit is worth a certain number of points, so, even if hypothetical recruiting class is exclusively low end recruits, signing 25 of them is worth more to the rankings than only signing 18 of them.

That's what I was talking about. Thanks for explaining it zombie.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:As long as he gets a degree at the next school we won’t be penalized.
What’s crazy is if they don’t graduate down the road it will count against us years later. I think it’s a bad way of accounting for transfers. If they leave your school in good academic standing then you should not be penalized for something later at another school. By him leaving, his original recruiting class will be downgraded but it is made up in this class.
I'm not sure that's how it works .I think as long as he's on track to graduate when he leaves here we can't get penalized. Maybe someone can dig up the rule for us.