Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Profoundwizard
Surge
Posts: 964
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby Profoundwizard » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:04 pm

He only committed so he can attend Mardi Gras the next 4 years. Too good to pass up.



Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby Jonathan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:41 pm

We need commitments from Brown,Dale and Williams now or otherwise our 2015 recruiting class is a major disaster in my humble opinion.



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11114
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby winwave » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Good to hear. We absolutely need to keep getting good O-Linemen.


Find A Way!

greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby greenphantom » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:25 pm

tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Great pickup. All the negative people who said the coaches wasted their time going after him can eat my (Quan) Shorts

+1
You can't get them without trying.


Amen. I think we're all pretty negative on this board due to the crap that Tulane has served up over the last 50 years but some people take it to the extreme. On one hand, they complain about the quality of the recruiting class but as soon as we get a quality recruit to show interest, all they want to do is pontificate back handed comments about how we have no shot and that we're just being used. Jeez.



Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby Jonathan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:58 pm

If you are referring to me, I call a spade a spade. This Tulane recruiting class 2015 is one of the worst in the state and the bottom of the AAC. But when we get a commitment from a three star athlete like Brown I acknowledge it and hope we can get six more three and four stars by Wednesday. I want all Tulane athletic programs to succeed waiting sixty years but until Rick Dickson,Conroy and maybe CJ go it will never be. Three wins in football and no NCAA tournament appearances in men's basketball in almost 20 years is a travesty! I have a lot of faith in Coach Pierce to get us back to Omaha!



greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby greenphantom » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Jonathan wrote:If you are referring to me, I call a spade a spade. This Tulane recruiting class 2015 is one of the worst in the state and the bottom of the AAC. But when we get a commitment from a three star athlete like Brown I acknowledge it and hope we can get six more three and four stars by Wednesday. I want all Tulane athletic programs to succeed waiting sixty years but until Rick Dickson,Conroy and maybe CJ go it will never be. Three wins in football and no NCAA tournament appearances in men's basketball in almost 20 years is a travesty! I have a lot of faith in Coach Pierce to get us back to Omaha!


I'm referring to the people who went on a rant about how Quan Shorts and Leeward Brown were just using us for a free trip. No doubt this class is nothing to write home about but if we can add a couple more like Dale and Williams, the class can at least be respectable. Just don't get the people who bitch about the recruiting and and then in the same thread say the staff is wasting their time bringing in a solid recruit for a visit.



Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby Jonathan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:18 pm

Amen. I agree with you.



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16902
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby tpstulane » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:36 pm

A former Miami commitment, Brown also had offers from Louisville, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, South Florida, Cincinnati, Temple, Pittsburgh and others.

Offensive line was identified as a position of need late in the recruiting process by Tulane coaches and they were looking to gain at least one spot on the line with the few remaining scholarships available.

Brown is considered a consensus three-star recruit and becomes the 10th three-star commitment for the Green Wave according to ESPN but just the second according to Rivals.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11114
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby winwave » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:22 pm

tpstulane wrote:
A former Miami commitment, Brown also had offers from Louisville, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, South Florida, Cincinnati, Temple, Pittsburgh and others.

Offensive line was identified as a position of need late in the recruiting process by Tulane coaches and they were looking to gain at least one spot on the line with the few remaining scholarships available.

Brown is considered a consensus three-star recruit and becomes the 10th three-star commitment for the Green Wave according to ESPN but just the second according to Rivals.


What's frustrating about that is the late identifying of OL as a position of need. Despite some improvement last year our OL is still no where close to where it needs to be for this program to succeed. That's not encouraging w/regards to the staff. This was supposed to be a balanced class as per CJ before the process began. Then we go out and get 8 DB's in a small class. Doesn't make a lot of sense.


Find A Way!

Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 1610
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby Wave QB » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:45 am

I really thought our 2013 class OL signees were going to do great things.



User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1220
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby wave97 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:44 am

The "U" is repulsing prospects from South Florida. I guess Al Golden and the button down Joe Paterno schtick isn't going over too well. Glad we were on the receiving end of one of their cast offs.



golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby golfnut69 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:00 am

Wave QB wrote:I really thought our 2013 class OL signees were going to do great things.


you heard of the WWF ?.... I am told by someone in the Tulane Athletic Dept the 2013 OL Signees are the WSF... Weak...Slow....Fat


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16902
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby tpstulane » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:19 pm



Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby greenphantom » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:36 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
sader24 wrote:Ya'll are ridiculously negative.


+1. I'm not very impressed with the class as it stands at the moment but you got to wonder where people's heads are at when we have a very good recruit come to campus for a visit and all some do is spew negative. Some random dude posts that Quan Shorts used Tulane for a free visit and some take it likes its gospel. Just cause we couldn't flip someone doesn't mean they had ulterior motives.


I am not a "random dude" and I know my head is attached to my neck and not stuck up my, or anyone's else's azz... I stand by my opinion/post regarding Shorts' visit ... As far as "gospel" you need to turn to Jimmy Swaggart and his followers on Airline Blvd/Hwy.. or Joel Olsteen and the Lakewood Church crowd in Houston for your direction. FYI... Lakewood church is in the building, that at one time was named "The Summit" and later the "Compaq Center" where the Houston Rockets and Tulane alum Phil Hicks once played



You are definitely not a "random dude." You're a very unique character and I appreciate your humorous comments



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6335
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby RobertM320 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:11 am

golfnut69 wrote:
TU23 wrote:Brown committed so I guess you are renewing your season tickets Golfnut.


I posted "signed" not "committed".... I find it interesting prior to his visit he stated he would not make a college announcement until "signing day"...so I have my doubts he will be on campus at Tulane




Leeward Brown has signed his NLI. Glad to see you'll be renewing your tickets, golfnut69. Smartass.



golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby golfnut69 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:23 am

RobertM320 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
TU23 wrote:Brown committed so I guess you are renewing your season tickets Golfnut.


I posted "signed" not "committed".... I find it interesting prior to his visit he stated he would not make a college announcement until "signing day"...so I have my doubts he will be on campus at Tulane




Leeward Brown has signed his NLI. Glad to see you'll be renewing your tickets, golfnut69. Smartass.


It is a win for me...instead of my usual 10 tix's, I now only have to purchase one !!!!...and because I am a kinder, gentler individual, I will not refer to you as dumbass...but then again...what the Hell !!!!!


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6335
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby RobertM320 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:52 pm

Leeward Brown is also transferring. Just a question. I know this is the way things are in today's college football, but how does this affect a school's APR, when players transfer out before their eligibility is up?



"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11114
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby winwave » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:02 pm

From past discussions I don't think it impacts Tulane if they leave in good academic standing.

As for Brown I hope things work out for him. He backed up Briggs who some say was our weakest link on this weak unit and yet he couldn't regain his starting spot. I have said before that WF does everything he can to win now and I think every year we will end up with an almost full class of signees. So no more years of 16-18 signees. This also will help our recruiting rankings.


Find A Way!

User avatar
Bigschtick
Swell
Posts: 2249
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Southern California
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby Bigschtick » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:09 pm

greenphantom wrote:
sader24 wrote:Ya'll are ridiculously negative.


+1. I'm not very impressed with the class as it stands at the moment but you got to wonder where people's heads are at when we have a very good recruit come to campus for a visit and all some do is spew negative. Some random dude posts that Quan Shorts used Tulane for a free visit and some take it likes its gospel. Just cause we couldn't flip someone doesn't mean they had ulterior motives.




A very reasonable conclusion!


Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!

DrBox
Riptide
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby DrBox » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:25 pm

winwave wrote:From past discussions I don't think it impacts Tulane if they leave in good academic standing.


Correct.
These kind of moves need to happen.



DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5564
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby DfromCT » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:48 am

winwave wrote:From past discussions I don't think it impacts Tulane if they leave in good academic standing.

As for Brown I hope things work out for him. He backed up Briggs who some say was our weakest link on this weak unit and yet he couldn't regain his starting spot. I have said before that WF does everything he can to win now and I think every year we will end up with an almost full class of signees. So no more years of 16-18 signees. This also will help our recruiting rankings.


Can you explain how this will help our recruiting rankings? Brown was a recruit in 2015, played 3 seasons and is leaving. What am I missing?


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:55 am

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:From past discussions I don't think it impacts Tulane if they leave in good academic standing.

As for Brown I hope things work out for him. He backed up Briggs who some say was our weakest link on this weak unit and yet he couldn't regain his starting spot. I have said before that WF does everything he can to win now and I think every year we will end up with an almost full class of signees. So no more years of 16-18 signees. This also will help our recruiting rankings.


Can you explain how this will help our recruiting rankings? Brown was a recruit in 2015, played 3 seasons and is leaving. What am I missing?


He's basically saying that signing a 25 member class will lead to a higher recruiting ranking than signing an 18 member class would even if the quality of the recruits is the same between the two classes. To phrase it differently, each individual recruit is worth a certain number of points, so, even if hypothetical recruiting class is exclusively low end recruits, signing 25 of them is worth more to the rankings than only signing 18 of them.



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16902
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby tpstulane » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:58 am

As long as he gets a degree at the next school we won’t be penalized.
What’s crazy is if they don’t graduate down the road it will count against us years later. I think it’s a bad way of accounting for transfers. If they leave your school in good academic standing then you should not be penalized for something later at another school. By him leaving, his original recruiting class will be downgraded but it is made up in this class.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11114
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby winwave » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:03 am

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:From past discussions I don't think it impacts Tulane if they leave in good academic standing.

As for Brown I hope things work out for him. He backed up Briggs who some say was our weakest link on this weak unit and yet he couldn't regain his starting spot. I have said before that WF does everything he can to win now and I think every year we will end up with an almost full class of signees. So no more years of 16-18 signees. This also will help our recruiting rankings.


Can you explain how this will help our recruiting rankings? Brown was a recruit in 2015, played 3 seasons and is leaving. What am I missing?


He's basically saying that signing a 25 member class will lead to a higher recruiting ranking than signing an 18 member class would even if the quality of the recruits is the same between the two classes. To phrase it differently, each individual recruit is worth a certain number of points, so, even if hypothetical recruiting class is exclusively low end recruits, signing 25 of them is worth more to the rankings than only signing 18 of them.



That's what I was talking about. Thanks for explaining it zombie.


Find A Way!

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11114
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Postby winwave » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:05 am

tpstulane wrote:As long as he gets a degree at the next school we won’t be penalized.
What’s crazy is if they don’t graduate down the road it will count against us years later. I think it’s a bad way of accounting for transfers. If they leave your school in good academic standing then you should not be penalized for something later at another school. By him leaving, his original recruiting class will be downgraded but it is made up in this class.


I'm not sure that's how it works .I think as long as he's on track to graduate when he leaves here we can't get penalized. Maybe someone can dig up the rule for us.


Find A Way!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Wave755 and 13 guests