Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Talk about the latest recruits here.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:From past discussions I don't think it impacts Tulane if they leave in good academic standing.

As for Brown I hope things work out for him. He backed up Briggs who some say was our weakest link on this weak unit and yet he couldn't regain his starting spot. I have said before that WF does everything he can to win now and I think every year we will end up with an almost full class of signees. So no more years of 16-18 signees. This also will help our recruiting rankings.
Can you explain how this will help our recruiting rankings? Brown was a recruit in 2015, played 3 seasons and is leaving. What am I missing?
He's basically saying that signing a 25 member class will lead to a higher recruiting ranking than signing an 18 member class would even if the quality of the recruits is the same between the two classes. To phrase it differently, each individual recruit is worth a certain number of points, so, even if hypothetical recruiting class is exclusively low end recruits, signing 25 of them is worth more to the rankings than only signing 18 of them.
Perfect example of this is Navy. They always have a lot more recruits, which inflates the actual ranking of the class. For example, Navy currently has 33 recruits, ranked #78. Even though only 9 are 3 star and their average grade is a 78.01 (compare to our current 81.97), its why they're ranked ahead of Kansas (#83). Even though Kansas' average player grade is 85.34, they only have 9 recruits. Eight are 3 star and 1 four star, but they just don't have numbers. So going forward, if we can always have classes of 23-25 players, we'll end up with a higher ranking.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
anEngineer
Riptide

winwave wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:From past discussions I don't think it impacts Tulane if they leave in good academic standing.

As for Brown I hope things work out for him. He backed up Briggs who some say was our weakest link on this weak unit and yet he couldn't regain his starting spot. I have said before that WF does everything he can to win now and I think every year we will end up with an almost full class of signees. So no more years of 16-18 signees. This also will help our recruiting rankings.
Can you explain how this will help our recruiting rankings? Brown was a recruit in 2015, played 3 seasons and is leaving. What am I missing?
He's basically saying that signing a 25 member class will lead to a higher recruiting ranking than signing an 18 member class would even if the quality of the recruits is the same between the two classes. To phrase it differently, each individual recruit is worth a certain number of points, so, even if hypothetical recruiting class is exclusively low end recruits, signing 25 of them is worth more to the rankings than only signing 18 of them.

That's what I was talking about. Thanks for explaining it zombie.
That is the way the "ranking" works but it is absolutely asinine. For anyone who values these largely-arbitrary ratings, the only way to honestly compare is to click the "AVG" button that orders by average player rating. As stated previously, signing a bunch of marginal players gets more total points than a couple of outstanding players. How can that possibly be better?
Aberzombie1892
Swell

anEngineer wrote:
winwave wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

That is the way the "ranking" works but it is absolutely asinine. For anyone who values these largely-arbitrary ratings, the only way to honestly compare is to click the "AVG" button that orders by average player rating. As stated previously, signing a bunch of marginal players gets more total points than a couple of outstanding players. How can that possibly be better?
I agree that it's unfortunate, but it's fair in the sense that a hypothetical team with 25 signees that are all 4* players should be rated higher than a hypothetical team with 10 signees that are all 4* players, as it was more difficult to get 25 4*s than it is to get 10 4*s. Because of that, and, because having more elite players increases the chances of finding effective starters, it's difficult to formulate a different system that would be more fair in that regard.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote:
winwave wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

I agree. I didn't say it made sense I just said that's how it works. Though if it improves our ranking then the optics are better for us when we recruit in the future.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.