The Latest Football Recruiting news

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
waveclem
Surge

With not many spots left in this class, I think the best case scenario with the players were known to be involved with would be Darius Williams, Hunter Dale, and Foster Moreau. I read somewhere on twitter last night that Joe Anderson (DE from Riverside) would be going to a Junior College. I'm also wondering what is the deal with Joseph Prevost (LB from Shaw). I know we were on him early and then he came close to committing to Missouri but then didn't pull the trigger anywhere yet. This last recruiting weekend should be interesting because I have no idea who else they could be possibly be bringing in. Hope their is some pleasant surprises.
ajcalhoun
Swell

By Andrew Lopez, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on January 15, 2015 at 7:36 PM, updated January 15, 2015 at 7:37 PM
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote:
The TP must be reposting old articles.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
waveclem
Surge

ajcalhoun wrote:
You can't be that dumb. If you bothered looking at the date of the post you would see that Golfnut posted that on the 15th. I just added to it today talking about possible recruits. C'mon man!
ajcalhoun
Swell

waveclem wrote:
You can't be that dumb. If you bothered looking at the date of the post you would see that Golfnut posted that on the 15th. I just added to it today talking about possible recruits. C'mon man!
Yes, apparently I can be that dumb. My apologies to golf and everyone else on the board.

God Bless Everyone!
TU23
High Tide

Tulane visited Leeward Brown last night, a guard from Miramar HS in Florida. Brown committed early to Miami then de-committed in October. Has a bunch of offers including Louisville, West Virginia, Miami, ECU, Temple. Would be a really good pickup. Interested to see if we can get him to visit this weekend.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

With Tulanes QB situation they may need to look at this kid...even if it is an Academic ride and a walk on possibility

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2322 ... r-heard-of
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tjtlja06
Low Tide

Very interesting read and could be a real diamond in the rough. I would hope Tulane has looked at him. The Price brothers are probably familiar with him given their El Paso roots. Hope something develops because we need a QB in this class.
Last edited by tjtlja06 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:With Tulanes QB situation they may need to look at this kid...even if it is an Academic ride and a walk on possibility

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2322 ... r-heard-of
Tulane's QB "situation" isn't much of one. The problem isn't the talent, it's the coaching. The coaches aren't going to recruit a QB because they know that there will not be a QB to beat out Tanner Lee. Right now, they are blaming inexperience when the rest of us can see its a coaching problem. But we do not have a problem with lack of talent at the position.
51WaveBG
High Tide

We need another QB something awful! Our QB situation is very shaky @ best. Lee really doesn't impress me @ all, Powell seems to be in the wrong type of offensive scheme for his talents and I don't know anything about Cuiellette. Our offense has to get a heck of a lot better or the 2015 season will be another disaster like 2014. I'm not real thrilled about CJ retaining the current offensive coaching staff either!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

51WaveBG wrote:We need another QB something awful! Our QB situation is very shaky @ best. Lee really doesn't impress me @ all, Powell seems to be in the wrong type of offensive scheme for his talents and I don't know anything about Cuiellette. Our offense has to get a heck of a lot better or the 2015 season will be another disaster like 2014. I'm not real thrilled about CJ retaining the current offensive coaching staff either!
Drew Brees would fail here.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
51WaveBG wrote:We need another QB something awful! Our QB situation is very shaky @ best. Lee really doesn't impress me @ all, Powell seems to be in the wrong type of offensive scheme for his talents and I don't know anything about Cuiellette. Our offense has to get a heck of a lot better or the 2015 season will be another disaster like 2014. I'm not real thrilled about CJ retaining the current offensive coaching staff either!
Drew Brees would fail here.

Wow... :cry:
greenphantom
Swell

Agree the coaching stinks but Ryan Griffin did pretty well his Sr year. The talent is still lacking at the position and we should be signing a QB every year. It's too important of a position not to. As far as the kid from New Mexico, there are stories like that every year. Never seen him play or any highlights but I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have at least an FCS or D-2 offer if he was that talented, especially if he's been attending camps.
breaker
Ripple

Ryan Griffin had Mike Neu. Tanner Lee has not had any quality coaching.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Did Lee not learn anything from Neu during his redshirt year?
wavemania
Surge

Tulane still had a crappy record with Griffin at QB. Coaching, especially on the offensive end is killing any chance of success for this team.
greenphantom
Swell

Yes. We know. Tanner Lee is the next Tom Brady. All the recruiters were wrong and all the bad INTs thrown directly into the waiting arms of defenders was strictly coaching. Lee has no faults since he is from New Orleans and went to Jesuit. The NFL scouts are salivating. He should be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer once he gets NFL coaching. Can someone get his input on the deflated ball situation?
Jonathan
Riptide

This football recruiting class that will be signed shortly in my opinion is terrible and CJ and staff should be called out on it after a embarrassing losing three win season. Unacceptable! Our QB last season was terrible leading the country in interceptions. The QB coach and his brother ,the Prices, should have been fired. I hold CJ responsible obviously for not firing them. A major mistake.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan the Troll wrote: Our QB last season was terrible leading the country in interceptions.
Tied for 13th not first.
Behind some good teams at that.
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/457
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jonathan wrote:This football recruiting class that will be signed shortly in my opinion is terrible and CJ and staff should be called out on it after a embarrassing losing three win season. Unacceptable! Our QB last season was terrible leading the country in interceptions. The QB coach and his brother ,the Prices, should have been fired. I hold CJ responsible obviously for not firing them. A major mistake.
You are not following the "company line"...Please bring in the electric shock device..now on low current please repeat after me.."it is not about wins and loses"...OK a little higher voltage please, you did not sound very convincing...repeat after me .."it is not about wins and loses"...ahhh you are doing better....once again "it is not about wins and loses"...you are getting better, please raise the voltage slightly... now,once again....
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Kushner confirming Darius Williams to sign with Tulane. Shouldn't be a huge surprise at this point. Can CJ close with Moreau and Dale?
wave97
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:Kushner confirming Darius Williams to sign with Tulane. Shouldn't be a huge surprise at this point. Can CJ close with Moreau and Dale?
The only voice that will persuade Hunter Dale to attend Tulane will come from our Defensive Coordinator.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

from NOLA's real hometown newspaper

http://theneworleansadvocate.com/opinio ... r-a-strong