Jesuit Tight End to LSU A&M

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Jonathan
Riptide

i thought his family had ties to Tulane?

capwave
High Tide

This is a clear statement that in no way, shape or form will we ever compete with LSU for recruits!!! I would love to hear some sort of good news concerning Tulane football. It is been a while.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

capwave wrote:This is a clear statement that in no way, shape or form will we ever compete with LSU for recruits!!! I would love to hear some sort of good news concerning Tulane football. It is been a while.
Exactly. We are never going to be able to get kids that LSU wants. He'll go there and sit on the bench for 2-3 years in front of 100k fans and have a chance to block on extra points and FG's. That's about it. But he'll be on a team that wins and has a chance to go to the college playoff.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

Exactly.

Tulane hasn't been competitive in 15 years. Sadly, our program still lags USL and La Tech. No way we'll beat out LSU for a recruit, unless he is only offered as a preferred walk-on.
Jonathan
Riptide

TPS you are a hundred percent correct. He will sit on the LSU A& M bench and never make it to the NFL. At Tulane he would play every game and gain exposure.More importantly he would get a quality eduction and not bagging groceries at Rouses. He and his parents made a major mistake.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:TPS you are a hundred percent correct. He will sit on the LSU A& M bench and never make it to the NFL. At Tulane he would play every game and gain exposure.More importantly he would get a quality eduction and not bagging groceries at Rouses. He and his parents made a major mistake.
I'm not going to knock the kid. But it's a cycle that repeats over and over for a kid like that who is at best a 2.5-3 star TE. You either want to play right away or you want to sit the bench and be part of a winner with the hopes of one day playing on special team blocking. At Tulane he would be able to compete, contribute and play right away. At LSU that won't happen because he'll redshirt then next year they will sign a 4 star TE that will play as a freshmen. At LSU if you can't get on the field as a freshman you are not ever going to play other than kickoff teams.
Tulane Class of 1981
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

If we had a competitive program TPS, I have no doubt we would have landed him. He's a perfect fit for us (local, academic kid who can play). This is a reflection of where our program is at present. Hopefully, things will change.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
capwave wrote:This is a clear statement that in no way, shape or form will we ever compete with LSU for recruits!!! I would love to hear some sort of good news concerning Tulane football. It is been a while.
Exactly. We are never going to be able to get kids that LSU wants. He'll go there and sit on the bench for 2-3 years in front of 100k fans and have a chance to block on extra points and FG's. That's about it. But he'll be on a team that wins and has a chance to go to the college playoff.
But this is not acceptable. The reality is a "chance to play" should be enough to sway "some" recruits away from LSU. When Texas was dominating the state of Texas, there were still quality recruits willing to go places like Houston or Texas Tech. It is a problem if just being "on the roster" is better than having a chance to star at Tulane. If Tulane is offering a quality program, even though it might never be LSU, this idea that we have "no chance to ever compete" has nothing to do with LSU and everything to do with the joke of a program being offered by Cowen/Dickson.

Yet we know that this joke of a "Tulane Model" won't be successful, and yet every day we Cowen and Dickson taking victory laps for how brilliant it is. It's a sick, cruel joke for Tulane alumni.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Dr. Rosenrosen wrote:If we had a competitive program TPS, I have no doubt we would have landed him. He's a perfect fit for us (local, academic kid who can play). This is a reflection of where our program is at present. Hopefully, things will change.
Right, but at this point hope is not a strategy and we know that things aren't changing and that the small time program with small time facilities has been made permanent.
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

Right, but at this point hope is not a strategy and we know that things aren't changing and that the small time program with small time facilities has been made permanent.

I'm not too optimistic, either. Unfortunately, the boutique stadium was more important than winning.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

jonathanjoseph wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
But this is not acceptable. The reality is a "chance to play" should be enough to sway "some" recruits away from LSU. When Texas was dominating the state of Texas, there were still quality recruits willing to go places like Houston or Texas Tech. It is a problem if just being "on the roster" is better than having a chance to star at Tulane. If Tulane is offering a quality program, even though it might never be LSU, this idea that we have "no chance to ever compete" has nothing to do with LSU and everything to do with the joke of a program being offered by Cowen/Dickson.

Yet we know that this joke of a "Tulane Model" won't be successful, and yet every day we Cowen and Dickson taking victory laps for how brilliant it is. It's a sick, cruel joke for Tulane alumni.
LSU will tell him he's going to play like they tell all their recruits. But when he gets there things are different. Kids that want to play will eventually transfer out from LSU only to have already wasted a good part of their college career. In today's world kids think playing for LSU is like playing in the NFL. Until Tulane creates a winning culture this will continue. We are just going to have to try to win with the under the radar kids for the present time. It's sucks but that's reality.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

Disappointed that our recruiting is still below our peers in the AAC. Sure, CJ has upgraded the level of talent but I don't get why we aren't getting more 3 star type kids in Louisiana.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

One need not look further than our lack of facilities. Tulane built a 22,000 seat stadium and has no IPF. The weight room ,meeting rooms and locker room are a joke compared to others. That's a lot for any staff to overcome.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I just watched La Tech crush Ill. in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. The defensive MVP was Houston Bates a kid who I saw play a lot at St Pauls. He committed to LSU wasted a year there sat out then transferred to Ill. He got homesick and ended up at La Tech. I was hoping he'd go to Tulane but his credits wouldn't allow for it. Yet Tech, ULL, LSU all never seen to have that problem. Tulane pretends they want to win but doesn't do what it takes to get it done. It's all smoke and mirrors. Kids know this as well.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:I just watched La Tech crush Ill. in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. The defensive MVP was Houston Bates a kid who I saw play a lot at St Pauls. He committed to LSU wasted a year there sat out then transferred to Ill. He got homesick and ended up at La Tech. I was hoping he'd go to Tulane but his credits wouldn't allow for it. Yet Tech, ULL, LSU all never seen to have that problem. Tulane pretends they want to win but doesn't do what it takes to get it done. It's all smoke and mirrors. Kids know this as well.
He had his degree so he didn't need to transfer credits. He just needed to enroll in a graduate program like Davenport did. Wish we would have got him.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

Tulane has the 4th best program (maybe) in the state. Ridiculous!!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:I just watched La Tech crush Ill. in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. The defensive MVP was Houston Bates a kid who I saw play a lot at St Pauls. He committed to LSU wasted a year there sat out then transferred to Ill. He got homesick and ended up at La Tech. I was hoping he'd go to Tulane but his credits wouldn't allow for it. Yet Tech, ULL, LSU all never seen to have that problem. Tulane pretends they want to win but doesn't do what it takes to get it done. It's all smoke and mirrors. Kids know this as well.
He had his degree so he didn't need to transfer credits. He just needed to enroll in a graduate program like Davenport did. Wish we would have got him.
Yep. I meant after he left LSU. Kids don't come here because Tulane's reputation for losing. Nobody wants to play for a loser. That's what I hear. Could we use better facilities sure so could ULL La Tech etc. it doesn't stop them from winning.
Tulane Class of 1981
Dave breslin
Swell

After what you have seen the past 3 years , would you or your parents want to play with our offensive coaching? The only way I'd let my kid play at TU is if RD became a tackling dummy. He's got the dummy part down . And I'm a die hard fan.
capwave
High Tide

Bates never went to LSU. He was committed to them and right before national signing day, Les Miles pulled his offer and offered a greyshirt. He decommitted and ultimately signed with Illinois. He transferred to La Tech after earning his degree from Illinois. He redshirted his first year at Illinois.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

capwave wrote:
Bates never went to LSU. He was committed to them and right before national signing day, Les Miles pulled his offer and offered a greyshirt. He decommitted and ultimately signed with Illinois. He transferred to La Tech after earning his degree from Illinois. He redshirted his first year at Illinois.
Just saying that's the stuff LSU can do and get away with it because they win.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Having an OC who has never broken the top 100 in five year = losing most competative recruiting battles for offensive talent. I'd rather sit on the bench and experience big time Fball than suffer under this offensive coaching staff. The kid knows how tough it is to get to the next level, LSU offers superior coaching and exposure, just a smaller window. Hell Yulman can't even provide appropriate accomodations for scouts.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

capwave wrote:

Exactly. Tulane can and has gotten JC transfers and graduate transfers. The point is that the vast moajority of transfers see Tulane as small time due to all the losing and then they see the small time immortalized for all time thru the facilities, tiny stadium, and lack of facilities.
Jonathan
Riptide

In the Mack Browns coaching days at Tulane Mack went head to head with LSU A&M successfully . and came away yearly with a few top 20 louisiana players that LSU wanted.. LSU was very concerned/worried and hoped Mack would leave Tulane. How times have changed. Now LSU gets every player in the state it wants. In my opinion CJ's recruiting of blue chip three and a couple of four star athletes looks dismal this year! Not a good sign.
JerseyWave
Riptide

It will be four years this March since "The Playbook" was introduced by Cow/Dick, their so called commitment and plan to Football success. Two coaching staff and four recruiting classes later the results are the same. The only difference is that Toledo was getting recruits out of state while CJ is getting the same type of recruits locally. The defense is better, the offense is worse, special teams might be slightly improved over the dismal performance under Toledo. Cow/Dick continue to collect Tulane paychecks without any accountability while delivering ZERO results.
ArtVandelay
Ripple

According to an article on SportsNola.com, Foster Moreau's top two choices were LSU and Air Force. So Tulane wasn't really close to landing him.