Jesuit Tight End to LSU A&M

Talk about the latest recruits here.
sader24
Tsunami

1 poster said that. Looks to me he's part of the 25.

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

sader24 wrote:1 poster said that. Looks to me he's part of the 25.
Probably right.
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

If we had a semi-competitive program, I'm sure we would have landed him.
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

If we had a semi competitive program, I'm sure we would have landed him.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Dr. Rosenrosen wrote:If we had a semi competitive program, I'm sure we would have landed him.
....or offense
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Steve, lets get this merged to recruiting
Charlie Dunn
Ripple

While I would have liked to sign Foster, I can't get too upset about a 2 star recruit. I thought he would fit well here because of his relationship with Tanner, but its not like he's the missing piece or a 5 star recruit.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:We already have his thread on the Recruiting Board. No need for more pain here. The minority of athletes may place some value on education but the majority are going to schools that place a high value on athletics.
It looks like many of the late guys LSU was hoping to get have gone to other programs. So that's probably why they decided to work a deal with Moreau. But he's making a mistake if he really wants to play TE. He may just be happy being part of a winning program. That's why we lose kids like Duke Riley and him to LSU. It's not facilities but the chance to be part of a winning program. Something Tulane struggles with to this day. If we can ever get to that point then you'll see us landing that type of kid that could help our program but would not make any difference to a program like LSU.

We could overcome the culture if we had the proper facilities. However when players like this look at Tulane and see a weight room similar to the one they had in HS, a stadium smaller than Gormley, no IPF and no football operations building they just don't believe Tulane is serious about becoming top 25 in football. Nor do they believe the infrastructure is there to accomplish that. So we'll have to just agree to disagree on this.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

If I were CJ I would have told him he'd be our "Jimmy Graham" and even have JG give him a recruiting pitch. I just think he'll never reach his full potential at LSU.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:We already have his thread on the Recruiting Board. No need for more pain here. The minority of athletes may place some value on education but the majority are going to schools that place a high value on athletics.
It looks like many of the late guys LSU was hoping to get have gone to other programs. So that's probably why they decided to work a deal with Moreau. But he's making a mistake if he really wants to play TE. He may just be happy being part of a winning program. That's why we lose kids like Duke Riley and him to LSU. It's not facilities but the chance to be part of a winning program. Something Tulane struggles with to this day. If we can ever get to that point then you'll see us landing that type of kid that could help our program but would not make any difference to a program like LSU.

We could overcome the culture if we had the proper facilities. However when players like this look at Tulane and see a weight room similar to the one they had in HS, a stadium smaller than Gormley, no IPF and no football operations building they just don't believe Tulane is serious about becoming top 25 in football. Nor do they believe the infrastructure is there to accomplish that. So we'll have to just agree to disagree on this.
+1
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:

Not in this case. His dream offer was Tulane until LSU offered him. I guess he'd rather lift 200lbs of weight at LSU and sit vs 200 lbs of weight at Tulane and play, since it's really 150lbs at Tulane. :roll:
Tulane Class of 1981
waveclem
Surge

Well he did receive a full scholarship to LSU so I can't blame the kid for that. Had he went on TOPS that would have been different. Until Tulane gets their act together we can't expect anything different.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

waveclem wrote:Well he did receive a full scholarship to LSU so I can't blame the kid for that. Had he went on TOPS that would have been different. Until Tulane gets their act together we can't expect anything different.
Yep. We're not going to beat LSU head to head just yet.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:

Not in this case. His dream offer was Tulane until LSU offered him. I guess he'd rather lift 200lbs of weight at LSU and sit vs 200 lbs of weight at Tulane and play, since it's really 150lbs at Tulane. :roll:

You can continue to bury your head in the sand but nothing will change w/these type of situations until the facilities issues are addressed.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

jonathanjoseph wrote:
winwave wrote:

+1
Bad facilities and losing will leave us struggling forever, IMO. We can argue all day on this, but sustainable programs have the support assets in place, period end of story.

I don't know how TU intends on making bowl games every year with our locker room, weight room, film room(s), nutrition options, operations building.....never mind no IPF and a 23k seat stadium that ESPN is disgusted by....IDK.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:It looks like many of the late guys LSU was hoping to get have gone to other programs. So that's probably why they decided to work a deal with Moreau. But he's making a mistake if he really wants to play TE. He may just be happy being part of a winning program. That's why we lose kids like Duke Riley and him to LSU. It's not facilities it the chance to be part of a winning program. Something Tulane struggles with to this day. If we can ever get to that point then you'll see us landing that type of kid that could help our program but would not make any difference to a program like LSU.
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

The facilities issue has been addressed. We have RD's crown jewel completed.

We have no funds or land for additional facilities as far as I can tell.
Last edited by Dr. Rosenrosen on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
winwave wrote:

+1
Bad facilities and losing will leave us struggling forever, IMO. We can argue all day on this, but sustainable programs have the support assets in place, period end of story.

I don't know how TU intends on making bowl games every year with our locker room, weight room, film room(s), nutrition options, operations building.....never mind no IPF and a 23k seat stadium that ESPN is disgusted by....IDK.

Don't you know we just have to win despite all that. :roll:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

He went there because LSU has a winning tradition, a shot a a national championship, 100,000 fans in the stands, the SEC. and then maybe facilities. No other reason. If LSU sucked like Vandy he'd be going here. He's not going there to play, he's going to there because they win.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

We do have more land. Number one the large parking lot on South Claibborne next to the baseball stadium. Tulane could build a major high rise with one major floor for a state of the art indoor football practice facility. The other floors would be used for parking. Last the Goldring property between Airline and Jefferson Highways for a Tulane Village for track,tennis etc.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:He went there because LSU has a winning tradition, a shot a a national championship, 100,000 fans in the stands, the SEC. and then maybe facilities. No other reason. If LSU sucked like Vandy he'd be going here. He's not going there to play, he's going to there because they win.
I wonder if the 100,000k stadium and $15mm operations center (along with other support assets) has anything to do with winning. However, facilities talk isn't about one player its about building a sustainable program and god forbid getting a sniff from the B12/ACC.

You don't win just because you want to....it takes investment, risk and commitment. Yulman and Hertz has barely caught us up to the rest of the AAC, in fact we are squarely at the bottom as far as facilities and as an entire department. Those are facts and I am freakin sick of it.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:He went there because LSU has a winning tradition, a shot a a national championship, 100,000 fans in the stands, the SEC. and then maybe facilities. No other reason. If LSU sucked like Vandy he'd be going here. He's not going there to play, he's going to there because they win.
I wonder if the 100,000k stadium and $15mm operations center (along with other support assets) has anything to do with winning. However, facilities talk isn't about one player its about building a sustainable program and god forbid getting a sniff from the B12/ACC.

You don't win just because you want to....it takes investment, risk and commitment. Yulman and Hertz has barely caught us up to the rest of the AAC, in fact we are squarely at the bottom as far as facilities and as an entire department. Those are facts and I am freakin sick of it.
No. LSU won then expanded. Those facilities all came later because of the huge TV deal the SEC has. We have resorted to selling bricks to pay off our stadium.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:

No. LSU won then expanded. Those facilities all came later because of the huge TV deal the SEC has. We have resorted to selling bricks to pay off our stadium.
Sort of, they made a great hire (Saban) and had the benefit of the SEC, a huge stadium (always great locker rooms and weight rooms), IPF (1991) and a committed admin. We have non of the above. Not to mention, college athletics have changed so much over the last decade and we are still followers.

IDK, I am just disgusted right now with how things are going along with the recent lack of upgrades on the football staff. I just don;t see much light but will continue to support the program(s) and hope for the best. There is just so much wasted potential.
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The first thing out of his mouth "They are a "P5" Power 5 school"....... that's why he went there vs playing G5 in the minor leagues. We are up against a lot. CJ needs to find under the radar types and somehow win with them.
Last edited by tpstulane on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane Class of 1981