2015 DT Brian Webb commits to Tulane

Talk about the latest recruits here.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

exflash wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
lano wrote:Has offers from Miss State, ULL, LA Tech, South Alabama, and Southern Miss

http://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Webb-45485

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2202416/brian-webb
Does our ULL poster have any thoughts on this.....nice signing!
---Yes, but keeping up with our softball and baseball teams both of which should be in the SUPER REGIONAL---Both will be sell outs and yes we are very proud--who wouldn't be as we attempt to be the only school to have 100 combined wins in the 2 sports in the same year---Back to recruiting, it will be a long year and I was told we will never get a player again from the area that Tulane wanted---How about DION RAY??? Again and ya'll know this oh so well--a long season and we hope to be in the top 25 as we are projected against Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl by some outlets!!! Trying to stay away but couldn't be rude and not accept the invitation!! Does anybody on this board remember Charles Gaudin of the State-Item??? I guess I got this writing style from him!!!!
Epic fail.

waveclem
Surge

According to Andrew Lopez from Nola.com Mr. Webb was offered by UCF today. We have some pretty good prospects already in the fold judging by the last few days. Now we just need to hang on to them.
OUG
Riptide

For Tulane to have a shot once bigger schools come calling, we need to be in very early (not calling UCF a bigger school, but ACC and Big 12 schools are). That's why when we offer a LOCAL kid that might not have many offers, I'm not really disappointed. These coaches can evaluate talent here better than anyone else coming in from outside. They know their backyard. We get in early on kids and then hang on.

We offered that kid from Riverdale, Jackson, when NOBODY knew who he was. We were his first offer. Now, he ran a sick time at a Rivals camp and is getting offered by top ten programs. But what if he never goes to that camp? What if he just committed to Tulane early and stuck with it? Does that interest ever come? If it doesn't, does that mean he isn't the same player?
sader24
Tsunami

This is where comparable or better football practice, weight, operation facilities is going to start coming into play. We're clearly on all the right guys, and there is significant mutual interest and they like our coaching, some of these battles are going to start coming down to facilities.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote:For Tulane to have a shot once bigger schools come calling, we need to be in very early (not calling UCF a bigger school, but ACC and Big 12 schools are). That's why when we offer a LOCAL kid that might not have many offers, I'm not really disappointed. These coaches can evaluate talent here better than anyone else coming in from outside. They know their backyard. We get in early on kids and then hang on.

We offered that kid from Riverdale, Jackson, when NOBODY knew who he was. We were his first offer. Now, he ran a sick time at a Rivals camp and is getting offered by top ten programs. But what if he never goes to that camp? What if he just committed to Tulane early and stuck with it? Does that interest ever come? If it doesn't, does that mean he isn't the same player?
Interesting. This is why Chris Scelfo never pre-announced his early commitments. I'm not sure with social media today he could get away with it nowdays. Big schools can now look over Tulane commits and cherry pick with little or no effort. (Bussey, etc), that's the risk we take.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:This is where comparable or better football practice, weight, operation facilities is going to start coming into play. We're clearly on all the right guys, and there is significant mutual interest and they like our coaching, some of these battles are going to start coming down to facilities.
Yup.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote:For Tulane to have a shot once bigger schools come calling, we need to be in very early (not calling UCF a bigger school, but ACC and Big 12 schools are). That's why when we offer a LOCAL kid that might not have many offers, I'm not really disappointed. These coaches can evaluate talent here better than anyone else coming in from outside. They know their backyard. We get in early on kids and then hang on.

In this day and age it would be the exception that this type of player doesn't go to some camp where word will then get out. So as sader said facilities become a big issue.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DrBox
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:

Interesting. This is why Chris Scelfo never pre-announced his early commitments. I'm not sure with social media today he could get away with it nowdays. Big schools can now look over Tulane commits and cherry pick with little or no effort. (Bussey, etc), that's the risk we take.
WEll, it better take a lot of effort to cherry pick.
OUG
Riptide

DrBox wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

WEll, it better take a lot of effort to cherry pick.
We can make it hard for them if the staff is diligent. We certainly did that with Daren Williams, and we've done it with other guys whose late offers weren't reported because we don't have a recruiting reporter at Scout and Rivals (no offense to Guerry) with the bandwidth/interest in following up with our commits every week.

I like how this staff is identifying talent early, and I like how this class is shaping up.
DrBox
Riptide

And now he's not.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:And now he's not.
I guess he's now waiting to be "cherry picked" :oops: :oops: :oops:
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

So what happened? Link?
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote:So what happened? Link?
He probably wants to see what the others have that have been coming on him in spite of his Tulane commitment.
Tulane Class of 1981
wave97
Swell

Let him go & when you congratulate him for his choice look at him directly in the eyes, smile and wish him all the best in his future.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:Let him go & when you congratulate him for his choice look at him directly in the eyes, smile and wish him all the best in his future.
+1

And if he changes his mind again, we have a chance.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

C'mon... U know this young man is staying committed....the hell with facilities...who wants to spend 4 years in Starkville .. Ruston or H'Burg... ya got NOLA working for ya
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TU23
High Tide

This one is not over. I think he showed a lot of character and class by coming to CJ before taking visits to other schools. It sounds like there is still a good relationship with the family and this one is salvageable. Long way to go.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:

In this day and age it would be the exception that this type of player doesn't go to some camp where word will then get out. So as sader said facilities become a big issue.
And don't you think that recruits are given a tour of the Saints IPF?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

I am not saying it is over, not by any means for this young man. Our staff will have built up a level of familiarity and trust with this soon to be high school senior. Sometimes you need to let a vacuum open up between a recruits desire to explore other options and the support and trust of CJ & staff. We will see how this plays out based on his performance next season.
ajcalhoun
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
Maybe they are. Maybe they aren't. If they are, they aren't seeing it painted Olive and Blue. They aren't seeing a place that they will be able to call home and use whenever they like. If anything, they are being reminded about something that Tulane itself sorely lacks.

BTW What specifically happened with Brian Webb? Did he tweet something? Is something reported somewhere? Can anyone provide a link to where there is some actual information?
God Bless Everyone!
sader24
Tsunami

The Saints facilities are not our facilities.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote: BTW What specifically happened with Brian Webb? Did he tweet something? Is something reported somewhere? Can anyone provide a link to where there is some actual information?
My guess is that he's getting interest from higher profile programs....
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... ackle.html
"I really love Tulane and all they have to offer," Webb said when asked about his feelings that led to his decision to de-commit from the Green Wave. "My decision honestly has little to do with them and more about me wanting to experience the recruiting process. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and at the end of the day, I don't want to have any regrets about my decision."
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:

It's not Tulane's. More important is the playing facility which will seat 22-24k. Sorry but that's simply not impressive.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

Webb re-committed today.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good news. Thanks for posting that.