Top 15 girls recruits in LA.

Talk about the latest recruits here.
dpm wave
Swell

Tulane has #2 and #5 headed to Dev-gelman Field Arena:

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... cart_river

5. Diamante “DeDe” Martinez, Karr, C, 6-3, Tulane signee

Martinez bounced back for the Cougars this season after missing last season with an injury and averaged 22 points, 13 rebounds and seven blocked shots per game. She also finished with eight triple doubles this season. She chose Tulane over Houston, Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech and Alabama.

2. Kolby Morgan, Curtis, G, 5-7, Tulane signee

Morgan leaves Curtis as a two-time state champion (2010, 2012) and the school’s all-time scoring leader (2,229 points). She averaged 22.6 points, 6.4 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 1.7 blocks in her senior season. She will follow in the footsteps of her coach Barbara Farris, and play collegiately at Tulane. Morgan is capable of scoring from anywhere on the court and showed an uncanny ability to get to the rim throughout her time with the Patriots.

Kinda good for them that Rutgers and Louisville are leaving as those are perennial Top 25 programs.
#8,9,11 all staying in the AAC.

Tulane will have 4 players 6'2" or taller. They will also have 4 Seniors starting.

wavemania
Surge

I've been saying Lisa is doing ok! She still can recruit N.O. area pretty good. Area is finally getting some dominant big girls. They are on their way back to NCAA tourney in a year or two, book it!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

dpm wave wrote:Tulane has #2 and #5 headed to Dev-gelman Field Arena:

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... cart_river

5. Diamante “DeDe” Martinez, Karr, C, 6-3, Tulane signee

Martinez bounced back for the Cougars this season after missing last season with an injury and averaged 22 points, 13 rebounds and seven blocked shots per game. She also finished with eight triple doubles this season. She chose Tulane over Houston, Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech and Alabama.

Morgan leaves Curtis as a two-time state champion (2010, 2012) and the school’s all-time scoring leader (2,229 points). She averaged 22.6 points, 6.4 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 1.7 blocks in her senior season. She will follow in the footsteps of her coach Barbara Farris, and play collegiately at Tulane. Morgan is capable of scoring from anywhere on the court and showed an uncanny ability to get to the rim throughout her time with the Patriots.

Kinda good for them that Rutgers and Louisville are leaving as those are perennial Top 25 programs.
#8,9,11 all staying in the AAC.

Tulane will have 4 players 6'2" or taller. They will also have 4 Seniors starting.
Dam, that's solid.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Everyone will be playing for 2nd place in the Aemrican. We need to improve our front court to get an NCAA bid. Guards are nice but to move back into the NCAA's we need a solid post and some good front court players with size.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
AugWave
Swell

That's some solid recruiting. Wish our men's team could frickin recruit locally like that.. smh
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Everyone will be playing for 2nd place in the Aemrican. We need to improve our front court to get an NCAA bid. Guards are nice but to move back into the NCAA's we need a solid post and some good front court players with size.
And I'll be interested to see how big a draw the Huskies are when they come to New Orleans.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DrBox
Riptide

#5 signed with Alabama today, after signing with us in November.

What the heck happened?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

dpm wave wrote:

Her brother is Malik Morgan who is transferring from LSU.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
capwave
High Tide

DrBox wrote:#5 signed with Alabama today, after signing with us in November.

What the heck happened?
How is that possible if she signed a LOI with Tulane in November?
wavemania
Surge

hope Lisa makes her have to sit out 2 years and doesn't release her
RobertM320
Green Wave

Box must have some inside info, because its not even on the Alabama website yet. And her Facebook page still has a Tulane logo.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DrBox
Riptide

A TP writer tweeted it.

Look on YOGWF - someone there offered a possible explanation, which I would prefer not to repeat. IF it's true, and it fits the scenario, it surely explains it.
lurker123
Swell

DrBox wrote:A TP writer tweeted it.

Look on YOGWF - someone there offered a possible explanation, which I would prefer not to repeat. IF it's true, and it fits the scenario, it surely explains it.
The comment on YOGWF was truly outrageous and was justifiably deleted as I would have expected even on this board with its libertarian posting policies. Signees are released from NLIs all the time. Yes Tulane has/will benefit from same (re: Skinner in football) as it may be harmed here if in fact the young lady is going elsewhere.

When the young lady and Alabama announce it, I'll believe it. Yes the tweet came from a TP writer and it may well be true. However no other source that I've seen either here or in Bama has confirmed it. Let's keep our powder dry until a credible second source supports the original tweet.
waveclem
Surge

lurker123 wrote:

The comment on YOGWF was truly outrageous and was justifiably deleted as I would have expected even on this board with its libertarian posting policies. Signees are released from NLIs all the time. Yes Tulane has/will benefit from same (re: Skinner in football) as it may be harmed here if in fact the young lady is going elsewhere.

When the young lady and Alabama announce it, I'll believe it. Yes the tweet came from a TP writer and it may well be true. However no other source that I've seen either here or in Bama has confirmed it. Let's keep our powder dry until a credible second source supports the original tweet.

Well what was the comment made on the YOGWF all about?? Not all of us know what was said.
OUG
Riptide

lurker123 wrote:

They aren't released from NLI's all the time when there has been no coaching change or extenuating circumstances. That's the point of an NLI.

What was the extenuating circumstance in this case? It's reasonable for people to want to know.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Why was the thread on YOGWF locked?
DrBox
Riptide

lurker123 wrote:

Here's your confirmation. http://www.veooz.com/photos/2HBeSWS.html

Releases from NLIs are NOT common and especially not absent some event.
So what the heck happened?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It was suggested she was involved in an incident that would have put Tulane in a position to have to release her from her NLI by one poster. What was said after that about her by another poster was deleted and caused it to be locked.
Last edited by winwave on Sat May 17, 2014 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
OUG
Riptide

nm
Last edited by OUG on Sun May 18, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan
Riptide

This was out top recruit this year and she signed with us in November. Give me a straight answer. Why was she not required to sit out two years by Lisa? Would like the facts not rumors on this. This is a major Conroy type of loss! No BS! facts why did Lisa lose our best recruit DeDe and turned her over to Alabama without a wimper and two year penalty. We need to know!