2015 Football Recruiting

Talk about the latest recruits here.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Are you saying that our facilities have been upgraded since this picture was taken?

:)

DrBox
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Well that's just the problem right there in a nutshell isn't it? If those pictures are from the 1970's and are obsolete, then what are they doing on Tulanegreenwave.com in 2014 and why aren't there any pictures of the updated nicer facilities? Either the facilities still look like that or Tulane is, once again, monumentally incompetent in using 45 year old photos. Please tell me which is the correct answer, but either way my point remains. And once again, shooting the messenger isn't really going to help solve anything.
Where on greenwave.com are pictures from the 1970s with cobwebs that you applauded as reality?
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

DrBox wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Well that's just the problem right there in a nutshell isn't it? If those pictures are from the 1970's and are obsolete, then what are they doing on Tulanegreenwave.com in 2014 and why aren't there any pictures of the updated nicer facilities? Either the facilities still look like that or Tulane is, once again, monumentally incompetent in using 45 year old photos. Please tell me which is the correct answer, but either way my point remains. And once again, shooting the messenger isn't really going to help solve anything.
Where on greenwave.com are pictures from the 1970s with cobwebs that you applauded as reality?
You seem to be confused. I posted pictures from Tulane's official website and you derided me for using 40 year old pictures. I provided links to cite the source. Not sure what else to tell you.
RobertM320
Green Wave

jonathanjoseph wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:You wonder, why would a kid like this want to go to LSU and sit behind Fournette for three years, or play mop up, when he could be the feature back at Tulane, and probably the top back in the entire conference. Its something he's not likely to achieve in the SEC.
Because while there are about 40-50 gamedays, there are also 1500 regular days where student athletes spend most of their time in the other facilities. The fact that Tulane fans ask such questions shows why there is such a disconnect, a seeming unawareness of how the rest of D1A does things.
Actually, JJ, I think this is just total BS. Bottom line, a kid wants to play. He's not going to give a rat's ass about the over-the-top facilities that he's going to work his ass off in for 1500 days, if it still means he doesn't see the playing field. And sitting behind Fournette at LSU for 4 years, he'll be an afterthought. If all things are equal, yes the facilities would make a difference, but things aren't equal here. At Tulane he would start, play and star. At LSU or Alabama, he sits. That's got nothing to with disconnect.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

RobertM320 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:You wonder, why would a kid like this want to go to LSU and sit behind Fournette for three years, or play mop up, when he could be the feature back at Tulane, and probably the top back in the entire conference. Its something he's not likely to achieve in the SEC.
Because while there are about 40-50 gamedays, there are also 1500 regular days where student athletes spend most of their time in the other facilities. The fact that Tulane fans ask such questions shows why there is such a disconnect, a seeming unawareness of how the rest of D1A does things.
Actually, JJ, I think this is just total BS. Bottom line, a kid wants to play. He's not going to give a rat's ass about the over-the-top facilities that he's going to work his ass off in for 1500 days, if it still means he doesn't see the playing field. And sitting behind Fournette at LSU for 4 years, he'll be an afterthought. If all things are equal, yes the facilities would make a difference, but things aren't equal here. At Tulane he would start, play and star. At LSU or Alabama, he sits. That's got nothing to with disconnect.
Seriously? You think all these universities are spending hundreds of millions of dollars in what's generally referred to as "the facilities arms race" And it's all just BS? Ok then.
RobertM320
Green Wave

jonathanjoseph wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Seriously? You think all these universities are spending hundreds of millions of dollars in what's generally referred to as "the facilities arms race" And it's all just BS? Ok then.
That's not what I said, that's you twisting it AGAIN. YES, if LSU and Alabama and Ohio State and Oregon are all battling for the same player, and they all offer about the same amount of playing opportunity, then YES, the facilities matter. But if all four have comparable facilities, but one says, you'll get all the playing time -- guess where he's going to go? WHERE HE CAN PLAY.

We also have to factor in the lack of maturity of the average 18-19 year old. They all want to go to the NFL, but they don't think it through that they have to PLAY in college first. If they would actually think it through and get proper input from the adults in their lives, they wouldn't choose a school just because of the facilities, they'd look for where they had the best opportunity to play and be seen by the NFL scouts. And in that situation, any top running back thinking of signing with LSU next year is not playing with a full deck.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
AugWave
Swell

Alriiiight, back to recruiting. I was riding by City Park, along Bayou St John on Sunday and saw come guys running some receiver drills. We stopped and asked who they played for. They all played at different schools and said that they like what Tulane was doing and that we're on their radar. I had a Tulane shirt on, btw. Those were some nice sized receivers too. It was about 20 of them out there, from schools all over the city... just working out together.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

AugWave wrote:Alriiiight, back to recruiting. I was riding by City Park, along Bayou St John on Sunday and saw come guys running some receiver drills. We stopped and asked who they played for. They all played at different schools and said that they like what Tulane was doing and that we're on their radar. I had a Tulane shirt on, btw. Those were some nice sized receivers too. It was about 20 of them out there, from schools all over the city... just working out together.
All of that sounds pretty F-ing cool.
AugWave
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
AugWave wrote:Alriiiight, back to recruiting. I was riding by City Park, along Bayou St John on Sunday and saw come guys running some receiver drills. We stopped and asked who they played for. They all played at different schools and said that they like what Tulane was doing and that we're on their radar. I had a Tulane shirt on, btw. Those were some nice sized receivers too. It was about 20 of them out there, from schools all over the city... just working out together.
All of that sounds pretty F-ing cool.
Getting about 5 of them would be cooler. 8-)
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
lano
Ripple

From Chris Smith ‏@ChrisSmithVU247 on twitter: OL Ryan Gibson - St Stanislaus Ms) tells me he is taking an unofficial visit next week to #Tulane. #GreenWave #CUSA http://247sports.com/Player/Ryan-Gibson-37334.

This would be a huge pick-up if we got him. Very well recruited. This is the kind of guy we need to get.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

AugWave wrote:May as well right?

Just thought I'd drop a quick 10 potential recruits in here to get this thread started. I'm pretty sure CJ and company are all over these guys already.

Derrick Dillon. ATH. Franklinton, LA. 5'10 165. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Tng7RtD6k

George Brister. S. Covington, LA. 6'1 190. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1520338/hig ... autoplay=1

Brandon Scott. S. Destrehan, LA. 6'1 190. (He already has a Tulane offer and he's a BEAST!) http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1095271/hig ... autoplay=1

Jozie Milton. DT. Clinton, LA. 6'2 290. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/668460/high ... autoplay=1

Kendrick Jackson. LB. Haynesville, LA. 6'1 230. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1701814/hig ... autoplay=1

Christian Campbell. ATH. Ponchatoula, LA. 6'1 185. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1748675/h ... s/52306375

Collin Williams. OL. New Orleans, LA (St. Aug). 6'2 300. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1412727/h ... s/52531388

Theron Williams. DB/WR. New Orleans, LA (St. Aug). 5'10 175. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1450518/h ... s/81231375

Louis Wings. DT. Harvey, LA (West Jefferson). 6'2 260. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1854319/louis-wings

Reggie Walker. DE. Ponchatoula, LA. 6'3 230. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2193326/h ... s/55198375

Cody Ford. OT. Pineville, Louisiana. 6'4 310. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2032821/hig ... autoplay=1
Theron Williams chooses La Tech over Tulane........... Credits Jabbar Juluke....
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... er_default
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
AugWave
Swell

The stud DB from East Jefferson, Deshawn Raymond tweeted a little while ago that he "needs to visit Tulane ASAP" ...
TU23
High Tide

Things are definitely starting to pick up. I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up a couple more commitments before the camp.
AugWave
Swell

We just offered CB Malik Eugene from Acadiana... He's a beast. Saw him live. I think he's Micah Eugene's younger bro. We also are predicted to get Belle Chasse QB on 247(he's about 6'2 200lbs). He looks like he has an ok arm, might move him to wide receiver. He's a great athlete.
TU23
High Tide

Hicks, the Belle Chase QB, is definitely being offered at WR.
AugWave
Swell

TU23 wrote:Hicks, the Belle Chase QB, is definitely being offered at WR.
Yeah I thought that as soon as I saw his film.
Pullinmyhairout
Low Tide

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... malik.html

A rare Tulane recruiting story from NOLA.com.
Pullinmyhairout
Low Tide

247 sports has Tulane ranked 49 in the nation in recruiting. (One spot ahead a VA Tech) Would be nice to finish the year with a top 50 class.
Pullinmyhairout
Low Tide

Pullinmyhairout wrote:247 sports has Tulane ranked 49 in the nation in recruiting. (One spot ahead a VA Tech) Would be nice to finish the year with a top 50 class.
They also have us as the highest rated AAC class.
OUG
Riptide

Pullinmyhairout wrote:
Pullinmyhairout wrote:247 sports has Tulane ranked 49 in the nation in recruiting. (One spot ahead a VA Tech) Would be nice to finish the year with a top 50 class.
They also have us as the highest rated AAC class.
It's based mostly on number of commits right now. We will drop as the higher rated players commit -- even if we get a bunch of three stars.
Jonathan
Riptide

That sounds good. I hope Coach CJ on Good Morning America this morning the top rated morning show brought us positive exposure.