Uh... guys? Kendall Bussey

Talk about the latest recruits here.
JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: New Jersey
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:29 pm

There's no good reason for CJ to pursue this guy any more. He had his shot and decided he was too good for Tulane. (Remember Lyn Clark?) We are in good shape at RB, plus we have the kid from Monroe's school committed. We need pass rushers and big wide receivers, and quality kicker.


mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5210
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:30 pm

tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:He tore his ACL in Newman's last game.
Wow, brutal couple of weeks. i wonder if he would have been going as hard if he hadn't opened up his recruiting.

I'd have no problem signing him and redshirting him in 2015.
Injuries happen, just one of those things. That injury will affect his recruiting though since he is a RB.

I sense a TU or ULL type commitment. SO many other classes are filled up and the big programs don;t want to waste a scholly on a guy who will not be 100% come the fall or at the very least have to skip participating in so many off season workouts.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17946
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 pm

mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:He tore his ACL in Newman's last game.
Wow, brutal couple of weeks. i wonder if he would have been going as hard if he hadn't opened up his recruiting.

I'd have no problem signing him and redshirting him in 2015.
Injuries happen, just one of those things. That injury will affect his recruiting though since he is a RB.

I sense a TU or ULL type commitment. SO many other classes are filled up and the big programs don;t want to waste a scholly on a guy who will not be 100% come the fall or at the very least have to skip participating in so many off season workouts.
Yep
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5210
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:41 pm

JerseyWave wrote:There's no good reason for CJ to pursue this guy any more. He had his shot and decided he was too good for Tulane. (Remember Lyn Clark?) We are in good shape at RB, plus we have the kid from Monroe's school committed. We need pass rushers and big wide receivers, and quality kicker.
Nah, by the time he is ready our current RBs will be Jr's. We are in no position to pass on a P5 caliber athletes and after redshirting his transfer options will be far more limited.
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:30 pm

Would be nice if he'd be willing to greyshirt and count toward 2016. Otherwise, i agree that we should move on. Too many other areas of need. Hope he bounces back. The good news is that an ACL isn't the career killer it used to be.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5210
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:34 pm

greenphantom wrote:Would be nice if he'd be willing to greyshirt and count toward 2016. Otherwise, i agree that we should move on. Too many other areas of need. Hope he bounces back. The good news is that an ACL isn't the career killer it used to be.
He isn't going to cough up 60k for the privilege to play for the great TU FBall program.
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:12 pm

mbawavefan12 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Would be nice if he'd be willing to greyshirt and count toward 2016. Otherwise, i agree that we should move on. Too many other areas of need. Hope he bounces back. The good news is that an ACL isn't the career killer it used to be.
He isn't going to cough up 60k for the privilege to play for the great TU FBall program.
I'm not referring to him being a walk-on. A greyshirt is still scholarship. He would focus on his rehab and wait to start school till January 2016 and should be ready for the spring drills by then.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5210
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:16 pm

greenphantom wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Would be nice if he'd be willing to greyshirt and count toward 2016. Otherwise, i agree that we should move on. Too many other areas of need. Hope he bounces back. The good news is that an ACL isn't the career killer it used to be.
He isn't going to cough up 60k for the privilege to play for the great TU FBall program.
I'm not referring to him being a walk-on. A greyshirt is still scholarship. He would focus on his rehab and wait to start school till January 2016 and should be ready for the spring drills by then.

I am an idiot, sorry.
TU23
High Tide
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:44 am
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:18 pm

I'd still take him with the rest of the class and redshirt him. Don't take any chances.
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6524
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:17 am

TU23 wrote:I'd still take him with the rest of the class and redshirt him. Don't take any chances.
I agree with this as well. Take him and burn his redshirt. Then if he decides he wants to transfer he'll have to go to an FCS school, or sit out a second year. He'd still have 3 years of eligibility left but what P5 school will want a RB that hasn't played in two years? And, if he sits his redshirt and plays one year for us, maybe we're good enough he's willing to stay.

But burning his redshirt is to our advantage.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8009
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:55 am

mbawavefan12 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Would be nice if he'd be willing to greyshirt and count toward 2016. Otherwise, i agree that we should move on. Too many other areas of need. Hope he bounces back. The good news is that an ACL isn't the career killer it used to be.
He isn't going to cough up 60k for the privilege to play for the great TU FBall program.
I'm not referring to him being a walk-on. A greyshirt is still scholarship. He would focus on his rehab and wait to start school till January 2016 and should be ready for the spring drills by then.

I am an idiot, sorry.
a "greyshirt" is NOT on scholarship, the family must pay for the semester's enrolled, prior to the next signing class at which time he can attain a "scholarship" ,,,If I am incorrect regarding "grey-shirts" please post the correct recruiting procedure regarding this option of enrollment
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17946
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:04 am

golfnut69 wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Would be nice if he'd be willing to greyshirt and count toward 2016. Otherwise, i agree that we should move on. Too many other areas of need. Hope he bounces back. The good news is that an ACL isn't the career killer it used to be.
He isn't going to cough up 60k for the privilege to play for the great TU FBall program.
I'm not referring to him being a walk-on. A greyshirt is still scholarship. He would focus on his rehab and wait to start school till January 2016 and should be ready for the spring drills by then.

I am an idiot, sorry.
a "greyshirt" is NOT on scholarship, the family must pay for the semester's enrolled, prior to the next signing class at which time he can attain a "scholarship" ,,,If I am incorrect regarding "grey-shirts" please post the correct recruiting procedure regarding this option of enrollment
Yes. With free tuition TOPS at LSU they use this whenever they can. Tulane can't offer much with a $60k tuition and room and board sticker price.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:22 pm

I don't believe that is correct. The athlete just can't begin school in the fall or their eligibility would begin, whether they are on scholarship or not. Once they start classes in January, they are on scholarship and it counts toward the following year's limits. Schools have been doing this for awhile, even Tulane on occasion, and I've never heard of anyone having to put up any tuition money for any period of time. They are not paying tuition in the fall because they are not in school yet.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8009
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:55 pm

from recruiting 101
http://recruiting-101.com/what-is-a-gra ... hip-offer/

The parents are paying for the first semester somewhere and or someplace and for some reason
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:36 pm

I believe that is only referring to a situation where you would want to start school as a part time student in the fall. Doubt that is required, especially as it refers to going to a JC for the first semester for part time work.
JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: New Jersey
Status: Offline

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:08 pm

This kid is a real douche bag. Decommitted from Tulane, Nebraska, and Tennessee, and now committed to T A&M. Thankfully, this isn't the kind of guy I want on my team. Good Riddance!
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17946
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:11 pm

JerseyWave wrote:This kid is a real douche bag. Decommitted from Tulane, Nebraska, and Tennessee, and now committed to T A&M. Thankfully, this isn't the kind of guy I want on my team. Good Riddance!
Let's see who he signs with. Lol
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8009
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:54 pm

JerseyWave wrote:This kid is a real douche bag. Decommitted from Tulane, Nebraska, and Tennessee, and now committed to T A&M. Thankfully, this isn't the kind of guy I want on my team. Good Riddance!
Bussey commit must be a top secret topic in College Station...no mention in the local newspaper or TV...of course things can be confusing in College Station, since Texas A&M is no longer a "College" and the train "Station" no longer exist... There was a renaming contest of the city not long ago, but the most popular suggested name was "Malfunction Junction"..it was submitted by a University of Texas @ Austin co-ed.... many blamed the "Longhorn" foundation members of voting "early and often" on the official web site

Bussey looks to have more than one bag to carry...I guess the other Universities got tired of "dad's bull krap"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:34 pm

What was posted on the other board was that he was asked to greyshirt. If that's the case, he deserves a pass on the most recent de-commit. Doesnt excuse the previous 2 though.
Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:23 pm

This kid and his father are pieces of work. His father seems to control him. Fourth school committed to? His junior high school year he with his father's backing committed to Tulane unequivocally. Used that to jump to second school. Then to Tennessee and final jump to Texas A&M. He and his dad allegedly have problems. He will never make it to the NFL. Wonderful Aggies degree!
wavemania
Surge
Posts: 642
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:34 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:58 pm

According to Ed Daniels, he was asked by Tenn to blue shirt- not count until 2016. Guess he isn't as great as he thinks he is. :lol: Wonder if he will fall through the cracks and end up at a JC ?
sader24
Tsunami
Posts: 5488
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:26 pm

In his defense he committed to Bo Pelini at Nebraska. Then Pelini got fired. Then he committed to Tennessee, he asked to blueshirt so he decommitted from them. Personally I don't see anything wrong with Committing and decommitting. If people really knew how much BS these schools throw at kids, offering them scholarships that they don't have then pulling them after the guy commits or not telling them to the last minute they cant have a scholarship that year you wouldn't be so condemning towards the kids.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17946
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:42 pm

His dad made his decision for him. He just doesn't seem to be that into Texas A&M. Watch this:
http://videos.nola.com/times-picayune/2 ... 3e9d5dd14e
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:01 pm

Listened to video. He does not sound like a Newman senior/graduate. Archie Manning's sons set the tone for Newman football player graduates. His father seems to have an undue influence on him. Fourth school after his major commitment to Tulane last year. What a joke. Yet the Advocate and TP keep promoting this loser!
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8009
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:08 pm

Jonathan wrote:Listened to video. He does not sound like a Newman senior/graduate. Archie Manning's sons set the tone for Newman football player graduates. His father seems to have an undue influence on him. Fourth school after his major commitment to Tulane last year. What a joke. Yet the Advocate and TP keep promoting this loser!
Wish the kid best of luck and close the door ...his Dad will soon find out that his attitude and krap does not play well in College Station Texas ..just ask Johnny Football and his parents who were shown the door.... too bad for the kid he has to have his Dad lead his life for him
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Post Reply