Uh... guys? Kendall Bussey

Talk about the latest recruits here.
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:12 am

I don't believe that the Busseys had some hidden agenda with Tulane. Just a better offer came along that was hard to pass up. Agree with Sader on recruiting. We don't have to out recruit the SEC. Just try and keep the local players that schools like Houston, Tulsa and USM have been able to come in and take at will over the years. That plus win some occasional recruiting battles with the P5 schools and we'll have the talent to be an upper level AAC program.


Gotula2394
Ripple
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:33 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:11 pm

Bussey finally got his 4th star from rivals today
Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 895
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:54 pm

It had nothing to do with his commitment to Nebraska(wink,wink). He has improved dramatically as a football player since the 1st of the year.
TU23
High Tide
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:44 am
Status: Offline

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:11 pm

To be fair, Bussey had not been rated at all by Rivals before this latest batch, so he was 0 stars. His Nebraska commitment helped him, I'm sure, but he didn't go from 3 stars to 4...he went from not rated to 4.
lnddvlpr2000
Ripple
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:32 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Is Nebraska a done deal for Bussey? One of the sites shows him as a solid verbal. Just wondering if anyone has anymore inside info.
sader24
Tsunami
Posts: 5451
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:03 pm

Nothing is ever a done deal in recruiting teenagers until they sign on the dotted line.
lnddvlpr2000
Ripple
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:32 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:24 pm

sader24 wrote:Nothing is ever a done deal in recruiting teenagers until they sign on the dotted line.
well said
Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Kendall is moving up as we speak with a higher ranking as per the Times Picayune today. He and his father usedTulane. I do not know how they sleep at night.
sader24
Tsunami
Posts: 5451
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 19, 2014 3:11 pm

They prob sleep just fine. They didn't sign anything, he committed very early on and got an offer from a much bigger football school.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17861
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Recruiting is a lot like poker, the bigger the chip stack the better you can push around your opponents. Somehow Tulane may have to disguise their hand a little better with future 4 star kids.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Look at the pictures of the Nebraska football facilities. How do we expect CJ to be able to out recruit universities that have facilities like this?

Of course, that's why he's asked for facilities. Are we serious about giving that to him? Doesn't look like it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nebrask ... 80&dpr=0.9
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 19, 2014 7:18 pm

Just saw that Rivals ranked Bussey #77 in the latest top 100 and 2nd highest rated player in LA.

No one here would have believed that Tulane would have landed a verbal from a top 100 player from NOLA as recently as 1 year ago, even if we don't land the player in the end. Can you imagine what kind of recruiter CJ would be if he had comparable facilities?

Cowen/Dickson are still applying the Tulane Model, building a stadium for a "boutique" program while CJ is trying to build something much bigger. I hope CJ is able to overcome the hurdle presented by these buffoons.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17861
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 19, 2014 7:27 pm

jonathanjoseph wrote:Just saw that Rivals ranked Bussey #77 in the latest top 100 and 2nd highest rated player in LA.

No one here would have believed that Tulane would have landed a verbal from a top 100 player from NOLA as recently as 1 year ago, even if we don't land the player in the end. Can you imagine what kind of recruiter CJ would be if he had comparable facilities?

Cowen/Dickson are still applying the Tulane Model, building a stadium for a "boutique" program while CJ is trying to build something much bigger. I hope CJ is able to overcome the hurdle presented by these buffoons.
I think if we had equal facilities he'd still go there. It's a better football league and a school with potential to win a national championship and besides all of that it has great football history. What sold him on his visit was the Nebraska Heisman Trophy Case room he saw. Johnny Rodgers, Mike Rozier and Eric Crouch all won one while playing there. He got to hold and take pictures with the Heisman and said he wanted to get a chance at winning one. CJ shows his Saint's Superbowl ring and his Miami Hurricane National Championship ring. Kids go for that stuff nowdays.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami
Posts: 5451
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 19, 2014 8:50 pm

I agree that Toledo would have never even been involved with a kid like that much less get him to commit at some point. The recruiting is getting better and better and the local strategy is starting to work. I think this year is going to be tough, but I think We'll be really good in 2015. CJ started from scratch here, Bowden was fortunate enough to walk into a poorly coached but talented and veteran squad. I think the coaching on Offensive side of the ball needs to get better, but it's hard to be good on offense with no QB and no Offensive Line. I think those 2 areas will be drastically improved in 2015.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 19, 2014 8:56 pm

tpstulane wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:Just saw that Rivals ranked Bussey #77 in the latest top 100 and 2nd highest rated player in LA.

No one here would have believed that Tulane would have landed a verbal from a top 100 player from NOLA as recently as 1 year ago, even if we don't land the player in the end. Can you imagine what kind of recruiter CJ would be if he had comparable facilities?

Cowen/Dickson are still applying the Tulane Model, building a stadium for a "boutique" program while CJ is trying to build something much bigger. I hope CJ is able to overcome the hurdle presented by these buffoons.
I think if we had equal facilities he'd still go there. It's a better football league and a school with potential to win a national championship and besides all of that it has great football history. What sold him on his visit was the Nebraska Heisman Trophy Case room he saw. Johnny Rodgers, Mike Rozier and Eric Crouch all won one while playing there. He got to hold and take pictures with the Heisman and said he wanted to get a chance at winning one. CJ shows his Saint's Superbowl ring and his Miami Hurricane National Championship ring. Kids go for that stuff nowdays.
I wouldn't disagree with that, but that's not a reason not to have competitive facilities. Just being in the discussion was unthinkable recently and plenty of NOLA/LA kids don't want to go far from home. Let's see where we are in 2015 when CJ's first group are seniors, my guess is that by then we could land a Bussey if we had the facilities.
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1289
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Tue May 20, 2014 9:21 am

jonathanjoseph wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:Just saw that Rivals ranked Bussey #77 in the latest top 100 and 2nd highest rated player in LA.

No one here would have believed that Tulane would have landed a verbal from a top 100 player from NOLA as recently as 1 year ago, even if we don't land the player in the end. Can you imagine what kind of recruiter CJ would be if he had comparable facilities?

Cowen/Dickson are still applying the Tulane Model, building a stadium for a "boutique" program while CJ is trying to build something much bigger. I hope CJ is able to overcome the hurdle presented by these buffoons.
I think if we had equal facilities he'd still go there. It's a better football league and a school with potential to win a national championship and besides all of that it has great football history. What sold him on his visit was the Nebraska Heisman Trophy Case room he saw. Johnny Rodgers, Mike Rozier and Eric Crouch all won one while playing there. He got to hold and take pictures with the Heisman and said he wanted to get a chance at winning one. CJ shows his Saint's Superbowl ring and his Miami Hurricane National Championship ring. Kids go for that stuff nowdays.
I wouldn't disagree with that, but that's not a reason not to have competitive facilities. Just being in the discussion was unthinkable recently and plenty of NOLA/LA kids don't want to go far from home. Let's see where we are in 2015 when CJ's first group are seniors, my guess is that by then we could land a Bussey if we had the facilities.
You seem to have an obsessive fascination with facilities which I think discredits prospective football recruits and reeks of a cart before the horse mentality. We have been attracting talent in the defensive backfield *solely* upon the fact that by coming to Tulane recruits will absolutely be developed to NFL standards. If we can replicate this status of NFL credibility to the offensive & defensive lines there is no limit to what Tulane can accomplish with the abundance of talent in this region.
In the end it doesn't come down to things that will be decisive, it comes down to relationships.
Every staff has shitbird coaches, but no successful staff can afford to have sub-par coaching at the three primary positions (corner, d-line & o-line). The future of Tulane Football rests on the skills of the o-line & d-line coaches to secure and develop talent. If an IPF is in Tulane's future it will come as a natural result of winning.
Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Sat May 24, 2014 10:05 pm

Please let other people have their own opinions what ever they are and respect them. Stop knocking other peoples opinions you do not agree with as you lower yourself.
sader24
Tsunami
Posts: 5451
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:16 pm

Bussey just reopened his recruitment.
wavemania
Surge
Posts: 640
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:34 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Well, Im going to say it- we have enough running backs for the foreseeable future why waste a scholly on him? I mean its not like he can play another position and he does go to a Class 3 school. Not a powerhouse Class 5A school. ;)
sader24
Tsunami
Posts: 5451
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:06 am

From what I've read his Dad wants him to go to Nebraska and he wants to go to Tennessee and they are in a Tug Of War of some sort. I agree in that with Thompson, Hilliard, Badie, and Anderson coming in we are more than set at RB. I don't think we'll be in play here unless the kid takes too long to make a decision and loses his offer to someone else and we have one available at the last minute. I think Hilliard and Badie if Badie can stay healthy are going to be one of the best RB tandems in the country in the next 3 years.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:24 am

sader24 wrote:From what I've read his Dad wants him to go to Nebraska and he wants to go to Tennessee and they are in a Tug Of War of some sort. I agree in that with Thompson, Hilliard, Badie, and Anderson coming in we are more than set at RB. I don't think we'll be in play here unless the kid takes too long to make a decision and loses his offer to someone else and we have one available at the last minute. I think Hilliard and Badie if Badie can stay healthy are going to be one of the best RB tandems in the country in the next 3 years.
And Lazedrick Thompson is no slouch either. As a power back, he'll be much better as an upperclassmen. Need to focus the remaining scholarships on lineman.
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:15 pm

jonathanjoseph wrote:
sader24 wrote:From what I've read his Dad wants him to go to Nebraska and he wants to go to Tennessee and they are in a Tug Of War of some sort. I agree in that with Thompson, Hilliard, Badie, and Anderson coming in we are more than set at RB. I don't think we'll be in play here unless the kid takes too long to make a decision and loses his offer to someone else and we have one available at the last minute. I think Hilliard and Badie if Badie can stay healthy are going to be one of the best RB tandems in the country in the next 3 years.
And Lazedrick Thompson is no slouch either. As a power back, he'll be much better as an upperclassmen. Need to focus the remaining scholarships on lineman.
+1 on both comments. We are more than fine at RB. No ill will toward Bussey but his scholly went to Anderson. Plus, I realize he is a young guy but he is showing that he isn't reliable. Unless he is the next Matt Forte, move on.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17861
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:19 am

He tore his ACL in Newman's last game.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5193
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:08 am

tpstulane wrote:He tore his ACL in Newman's last game.
Wow, brutal couple of weeks. i wonder if he would have been going as hard if he hadn't opened up his recruiting.

I'd have no problem signing him and redshirting him in 2015.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17861
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:29 pm

mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:He tore his ACL in Newman's last game.
Wow, brutal couple of weeks. i wonder if he would have been going as hard if he hadn't opened up his recruiting.

I'd have no problem signing him and redshirting him in 2015.
Injuries happen, just one of those things. That injury will affect his recruiting though since he is a RB.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Post Reply