Football Recruiting Updates

Talk about the latest recruits here.
DrBox
Riptide

He was coming here if not LSU. And keep workin the 4 stars, CJ

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:He was coming here if not LSU. And keep workin the 4 stars, CJ
Yup, sorry for the confusion. I corrected my post.
JerseyWave
Riptide

We're going to have to win big with what we have before Tulane can get into the conversation with 4/5 star types from Louisiana.
Jaxwave
Swell

Guys, the P5 formerly BCS branding means until Tulane gets into one of the Power 5 thet will never, let me repeat, never get 4 or 5 star recruits. One of the reasons is that prospects will never be rated 4 or 5 stars if they are recruited bu non-P5 schools.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote:Guys, the P5 formerly BCS branding means until Tulane gets into one of the Power 5 thet will never, let me repeat, never get 4 or 5 star recruits. One of the reasons is that prospects will never be rated 4 or 5 stars if they are recruited bu non-P5 schools.
FWIW, according to rivals these are the G5's with 4-star recruits:

USF - 2
UCF - 1
Temple -1
Boise -2
Bowling Green (ya I don't know how) - 1

I think UCF may have flipped another 4-star.
sader24
Tsunami

I think some of those if not most are JuCos.
AugWave
Swell

DCJW. (Don't care just win.)
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
greenphantom
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:Guys, the P5 formerly BCS branding means until Tulane gets into one of the Power 5 thet will never, let me repeat, never get 4 or 5 star recruits. One of the reasons is that prospects will never be rated 4 or 5 stars if they are recruited bu non-P5 schools.
Already happened - Darion Monroe 4 star. Do agree that in general it is extremely tough for a non P5 school to sign a 4 star or above player but it does happen in rare instances.
OUG
Riptide

greenphantom wrote:
Already happened - Darion Monroe 4 star. Do agree that in general it is extremely tough for a non P5 school to sign a 4 star or above player but it does happen in rare instances.
He was a 4-star in some services, 3-star in others. We flipped him after everyone had finally finalized their rankings. Jaxwave point does kind of stand -- g5 commits do get routinely dropped as the services refresh their rankings periodically. Not always, but routinely. Is it because the rankings were just off earlier in the year, and are catching up to reality, or because there is a P5 bias? Hard to say.
OUG
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:

USF - 2
UCF - 1
Temple -1
Boise -2

Don't those seem like the exceptions that prove the rule though?
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

OUG wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:

USF - 2
UCF - 1
Temple -1
Boise -2

Don't those seem like the exceptions that prove the rule though?
Hey I agree, it's tough. Nice to see our new league is out front.
AugWave
Swell

We have beasts coming in at linebacker. Sheesh. Just check out the tape. Bowie, Harris, Marbley and Kennedy are straight HITTAZ.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
greenphantom
Swell

AugWave wrote:We have beasts coming in at linebacker. Sheesh. Just check out the tape. Bowie, Harris, Marbley and Kennedy are straight HITTAZ.
Man, I agree. These are the kind of athletes that schools like Houston and Tulsa have loaded up on for years.
Jonathan
Riptide

I also agree on incoming LB's. Additionally I like the size of our tight ends. I hope that we start using this position more in our offense next year.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

greenphantom wrote:
AugWave wrote:We have beasts coming in at linebacker. Sheesh. Just check out the tape. Bowie, Harris, Marbley and Kennedy are straight HITTAZ.
Man, I agree. These are the kind of athletes that schools like Houston and Tulsa have loaded up on for years.
Yeah, but at least two are going to be second string on the weakside behind Nico Marley for a few years. Nico is a ball-seeking missile.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

greenphantom wrote:
Yeah, but at least two are going to be second string on the weakside behind Nico Marley for a few years. Nico is a ball-seeking missile.
Jonathan
Riptide

Next year we need to get a few top players from Curtis and Karr? Did we get any this year from either school? I assume LSU A&M, Bama etc. are on these schools like glue. Next year we need one or two four star players.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I would say the highlights of this class are LBs and WR/TEs. We missed on DBs and DTs. OL and RB were not need positions this year.
ExileWave
Surge

Jonathan wrote:Next year we need to get a few top players from Curtis and Karr? Did we get any this year from either school? I assume LSU A&M, Bama etc. are on these schools like glue. Next year we need one or two four star players.
4 Curtis players committed today on ESPN- UCLA/Oregon/ Stanford/ LSU. All were 4 and 5 stars. So 3 of 4 to the PAC 12.
Speedy Noil from Karr went to Tx A&M
Lots of competition for top LA players.
DrBox
Riptide

I think it was you who said that we have OL who like to hit. We may have had 2 or 3 of those on the roster when CJ took over.
jhg
Ripple

sader24 wrote:I think some of those if not most are JuCos.
Our 4* recruit is not a JUCO. We have another that is a 4* on ESPN.
We had 4* recruits on 247 in 2012 and 2013.

None of them were JUCOs.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

jhg wrote:
sader24 wrote:I think some of those if not most are JuCos.
Our 4* recruit is not a JUCO. We have another that is a 4* on ESPN.
We had 4* recruits on 247 in 2012 and 2013.

None of them were JUCOs.
Who cares? This isn't a Temple board. Hit the bricks.
greenphantom
Swell

Man, some of you all really need to chill out with the rudeness to other fans. Sure, this is a Tulane board, but I enjoy hearing from fans of other schools, especially ones in our conference. You all are starting to sound like the ye old grumpy wave fan board.
AugWave
Swell

DrBox wrote:
I think it was you who said that we have OL who like to hit. We may have had 2 or 3 of those on the roster when CJ took over.
Yeah. Check Leglue's tape. He seems like the type of player that likes to hit people.
ajcalhoun
Swell

greenphantom wrote:Man, some of you all really need to chill out with the rudeness to other fans. Sure, this is a Tulane board, but I enjoy hearing from fans of other schools, especially ones in our conference. You all are starting to sound like the ye old grumpy wave fan board.
I agree. I'll take this Temple guy over half of the whiney bitches we have on this site.
God Bless Everyone!