High Tide

Tommy Boynton, Offensive Tackle
6'5 290
Mandarin, FL

Highlights look good...
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1121397/

RobertM320
Green Wave

Didn't look like they did a lot of passing at that school, does it? Main screen says he was all-state. Anyone know what classification that school is? Can't imagine a top classification all-state lineman in Florida wouldn't be getting hit on by SEC/ACC schools.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
JerseyWave
Riptide

Another guy with no offers, no stars on any of the recruiting sites that I can find on the internet. I'm really disappointed with the direction this recruiting class is going. If this coaching staff isn't good talent evaluators then we will be in big trouble two years from now.
wavemania
Surge

We were in worse trouble whenCJ was first hired. Toledo left the cupboard so bad, Cj didn't have any crumbs to work with! :lol:
dpm wave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Anyone know what classification that school is?
8A

Someone should advise him to remove his phone number from his Instagram account.
Tulane coaches told him that he should work at IHOP and have give him the nickname "Pancake man."
An ILB from DeRidder remarked that Tulane is after him real hard.
51WaveBG
High Tide

8 is the highest classification in Florida High School athletics. Mandarin HS is part of the Duval County (Jacksonville) school system and was established in 1990 as a magnet type school with students from all over Duval County. Has a lot of advanced placement type of courses and honors type classes. Have to have the grades to get in. 2nd largest HS in Duval County with enrollment of 2,800. Play in District 1, which includes 3 tough Duval County schools, 1 in Flagler County and 1 in Marion County. Overall very tough schedule played.
wave97
Swell

Here sure seems tenacious with his run blocking assignments. I couldn't tell a thing in viewing the video about his feet & balance in pass protection. I hope he's smooth!
waveclem
Surge

http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/tulane ... ckney.html

He is quoted as saying "the possibilities of me going to the NFL are slim and none" in reference to the academics being a big part of his decision. Now I thought I remember CJ saying that if your goal isn't to play in the NFL then your not the kind of player were looking for. What happened to that motto? Kid looks like another Casey Blum or Chandler Davis. Just gonna take up a scholarship.
tnelly15
Riptide

Yea, that's definitely not a quote I like to hear.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Boynton said Tulane was his first firm Division I offer.
Not good.

There are other schools seeing my film who are starting to express interest like Georgia Tech, among others. They were pursuing me but not as much as Tulane.
Better.

I was not that familiar with Tulane.
The result of fifteen years of irrelevancy. Thank you, Cow/Dick.

Keith Pinckney, a top 150 player in the country out of Lithonia, GA, pledged to Ed Conroy and the Wave for 2014. The Miller Grove High product chose Tulane over a slew of offers from programs in the ACC, SEC and Big Ten among others.
This I like to see! :)