New Commit

Talk about the latest recruits here.
sader24
Tsunami

DE Daren Williams from East St John, Scout has him listed as a 3 star. Offers from UCF, USF, USM, ULL, etc. Good pick up with offers from some pretty good places.

AugWave
Swell

Another player I hoped we'd get! Getting some quality DL.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
DrBox
Riptide

I like that we're recruiting E St John.
AugWave
Swell

DrBox wrote:I like that we're recruiting E St John.
Hell yes. ALWAYS talent there.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
kingcole
Low Tide

Question for Augwave with 3 DE and 3 LB commits are we still after ST Aug's Tim Duncan (DE) and Austin Craig (LB) ? Would like to get both.
AugWave
Swell

kingcole wrote:Question for Augwave with 3 DE and 3 LB commits are we still after ST Aug's Tim Duncan (DE) and Austin Craig (LB) ? Would like to get both.
You must mean Tim Dawson. I would think so, but I'm not sure. I know Austin Craig isn't ruling out going somewhere far away. Seems like he wants to get away more than stay, but you never know with 17 year olds.
waveclem
Surge

I brought up his name in the NOLA recruiting chat and asked why there wasn't a story on it yet and wouldn't you know an hour later..... http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... um=twitter I love social media.
kingcole
Low Tide

#15 is in another off the rador kid a TE from Cali. Not on any recruiting sites I can find. Maybe we should have stayed in CUSA.
waveclem
Surge

The guys name is Trey Scott and he is a TE from Georgia. Watched his highlight reel and thought he looked good. That makes 3 TE's were bringing in for next season. This guy, Ardoin, and Deondre Skinner in January.
AugWave
Swell

waveclem wrote:The guys name is Trey Scott and he is a TE from Georgia. Watched his highlight reel and thought he looked good. That makes 3 TE's were bringing in for next season. This guy, Ardoin, and Deondre Skinner in January.
Yeah he looked good to me on those hudl highlights.
TU23
High Tide

I posted this on the other board, but I would consider Scott to be more of an H-back/FB type than a traditional TE. I think he fills the role that Butler is currently filling in the future. We need more production out of the TE position....hopefully Skinner sticks to his word and comes and we can team him with Kendall Ardoin as our traditional, in-line TEs. Scott is very quick and could be hell out of the backfield, but if we plan to make him an in-line TE, that could be a big project.
DrBox
Riptide

What's his size and speed.
The last no offer TE we got was London...too short and too slow.
TU23
High Tide

Reported size/speed are 6'2 205 and 4.5. I spoke to someone who talked to him at the game and he said that his weight is up closer to 215. I am not sure he is 4.5 on film, but he's definitely a lot faster than London. He looks more like a receiver when he runs than a TE.
AugWave
Swell

TU23 wrote:Reported size/speed are 6'2 205 and 4.5. I spoke to someone who talked to him at the game and he said that his weight is up closer to 215. I am not sure he is 4.5 on film, but he's definitely a lot faster than London. He looks more like a receiver when he runs than a TE.
Yeah that's what I was thinking.. he looks like he could play WR. He looks like a legit 4.6 guy based of his junior year highlights.
wave runner
High Tide

Scott Kushner ‏@ScottDKushner 12m
Just spoke to #Tulane's newest commit, TE Trey Scott (6-3, 215 from ATL area). He said he runs a 4.4 & will be used as an H-back/TE hybrid.
tnelly15
Riptide

I'll leave this here:
@MikeCoppage: Big news for Tulane fans about to drop on http://t.co/hPy8OM8DbA in the next half hour.
RobertM320
Green Wave

tnelly15 wrote:I'll leave this here:
@MikeCoppage: Big news for Tulane fans about to drop on http://t.co/hPy8OM8DbA in the next half hour.
Don't think it means anything, that was six hours ago. Nothing yet.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Pullinmyhairout
Low Tide

it is not a new commit. it is about some 3 star guy setting an official to Tulane. Big woop.
AugWave
Swell

Just watched Trey Scotts highlights again. I'm puzzled. How in the hell is he not highly recruited? 6'3, 210 and running a 4.5ish 40? Good acceleration. He's mean with his blocking and can catch. Don't be surprised if he plays wide once he gets on campus. Even let the old man watch the highlights and he was impressed.

Hopefully he's next years Nico Marley. The least recruited kid turns out to be the best freshman.
Dave breslin
Swell

Your right. I like that Nico Marley. He's a real player