Commitment #22

Talk about the latest recruits here.
51WaveBG
High Tide

Scout is reporting that Jarrod Franklin, 6'0", 195, 4.5 speed, safety out of LSU Lab School in Baton Rogue had commited to TU this date. This brings this class up to at least 9-10 players in the 4.4-4.55 range. CJ looks like he is planning to do what he said he would do. Put some speed on the field. We now need 2 DT's to really fill out this class. How many more slots do we have left?

OUG
Riptide

I believe we have three left.

I'm not sure there are two DT's out there we really want. I can see us going after McGhee, but other than that, there isn't that much quality left. We also need to hold scholarships for Blanchard and Riley...
tnelly15
Riptide

Can't we count Montana back to last years class since he's enrolling in January?
KsWave
Low Tide

tnelly15 wrote:Can't we count Montana back to last years class since he's enrolling in January?
Yes, which leaves us with 4, I think...thinking positive, Riley, Blanchard, McGee, and one more big guy?
sader24
Tsunami

Riley, Blanchard, Smart, and hopefully McGhee.
Wavetime
Swell

Riley, would love to get Riley. I have read where he really wants LSU, but does anyone think they can get him with a gray shirt?
51WaveBG
High Tide

McGhee and Smart seem to be our best chance for a DT or 2. Smart has had an offer since May 2012(assuming the offer is still on the table) and it would really be nice if McGhee would get on board.
sader24
Tsunami

Wavetime wrote:Riley, would love to get Riley. I have read where he really wants LSU, but does anyone think they can get him with a gray shirt?
I dont think he'll take the grayshirt. He's too good of a player for that B.s. and I'm sure he's got alot of people telling him that.
ajcalhoun
Swell

sader24 wrote:
Wavetime wrote:Riley, would love to get Riley. I have read where he really wants LSU, but does anyone think they can get him with a gray shirt?
I dont think he'll take the grayshirt. He's too good of a player for that B.s. and I'm sure he's got alot of people telling him that.
Like I said in the other thread in Surf's Up, I think he ends up in the SEC. He would positively wreck shit in the CUSA/Big East, but he wants to compete with/against the best, and that's the SEC.
God Bless Everyone!
51WaveBG
High Tide

Riley has already taken an official visit to Minnesota on 12/14/12; He has scheduled official visits to: TCU this weekend;
Tulane on 1/18/13; Ole Miss on 1/26/13 and Kentucky on 2/1/13. It seems like he has narrowed it down to 5 schools and we are in the mix. If LSU doesn't come up with a full scholarship offer for him, I believe he will not consider them any further. Competition looks pretty heavy for this player. What a nice post Christmas this would be for TU!
wavefan03
Surge

51WaveBG wrote:Riley has already taken an official visit to Minnesota on 12/14/12; He has scheduled official visits to: TCU this weekend;
Tulane on 1/18/13; Ole Miss on 1/26/13 and Kentucky on 2/1/13. It seems like he has narrowed it down to 5 schools and we are in the mix. If LSU doesn't come up with a full scholarship offer for him, I believe he will not consider them any further. Competition looks pretty heavy for this player. What a nice post Christmas this would be for TU!
Curtis has another alum Kenny Cain that starts at linebacker for TCU. He had a great 2012 season.
tnelly15
Riptide

And I think we were pretty close to landing Cain when he came out of HS.