Antonio McGhee

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Robert1969
Riptide

This was the rumor last night. Saw video on this kid and he's dominant from the nose tackle position.

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... cart_river

Robert1969
Riptide

Also, McGhee is a three star prospect by Rivals, 247, and ESPN.

He switched from La Tech to Tulane. He held offers from Ole Miss, Oregon State, and South Carolina among others.
tnelly15
Riptide

2 of his last 3 tweets are a picture of a Miami national championship ring and pic of the Saints superbowl ring.
waveclem
Surge

Just watched the video of this guy and he is the real deal. Fast defensive tackles are hard to come by and we just got one! It seems like these kids can't wait to play for this coaching staff. We keep getting all these commitments and come "recruiting season" were not gonna have much to talk about. That's 14 commits already!! Amazing.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

McGhee, who is entering his senior season at Parkway High School, said that Tulane Coach Curtis Johnson gave him confidence that Johnson could mold the 6-foot-2, 270-pound interior lineman into an NFL-ready player.

"Just sitting down and talking to Coach Johnson, he knows what it takes to make it to the next level," McGhee said. "I know the type of caliber coach he is: a no-nonsense type of person."
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This is really good news. A quality player w/some size and at a position of need.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

From what I see on that tape I'd say there is a pretty good chance he'll be starting at some point in his Freshman year. I get the same feeling watching the tape of the OL from Zachary.
wavedat
Swell

To those on the other site that claim Tulane students have not embraced the term jewlane you are incorrect. I've seen students wearing jewlane t-shirts on campus, at games and at parades all in the last year.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wavedat wrote:To those on the other site that claim Tulane students have not embraced the term jewlane you are incorrect. I've seen students wearing jewlane t-shirts on campus, at games and at parades all in the last year.
wavedat...U may be correct, I have not been on campus for several years...however the poster on the La Tech forum was clearly being a bigot.... He most probably is a big LSU fan as well, and loves and adores Skip Berkman, who is Jewish and whose daughters graduated from Tulane, not LSU...so it just depends on what school is involved, if the kid had chosen LSU instead of Tulane, his mouth would have stayed closed, but he showed his true feelings and opened his mouth very wide
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RWR
Swell

Good info. guys. Keep it coming.
Robert1969
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
wavedat wrote:To those on the other site that claim Tulane students have not embraced the term jewlane you are incorrect. I've seen students wearing jewlane t-shirts on campus, at games and at parades all in the last year.
wavedat...U may be correct, I have not been on campus for several years...however the poster on the La Tech forum was clearly being a bigot.... He most probably is a big LSU fan as well, and loves and adores Skip Berkman, who is Jewish and whose daughters graduated from Tulane, not LSU...so it just depends on what school is involved, if the kid had chosen LSU instead of Tulane, his mouth would have stayed closed, but he showed his true feelings and opened his mouth very wide
When it comes to racial, ethnic, religious, sexist, homophobic slurs, there is a big difference when the speaker is being self-deprecating, and when the speaker is being a bigoted asshole. As they say, it's not what you say, it's how you say it.
wavedat
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Not saying it was right. I just pointed out that currently some of the student body has embraced the term. Just the facts mam.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.