New Football Commit Luke Jackson

Talk about the latest recruits here.
wave runner
High Tide

Last edited by wave runner on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wave runner
High Tide

Scott Kushner also retweeted about possible new recruit lyn clark:
"O.P. Walker OLB...could be next #Tulane commit. CJ & Co. doing work. RT @lynclark_11 - Just got offered by #Tulane #rollwave"

sader24
Tsunami

If he locks down the WestBank and the River Parishes we'll be stacked with talent in 3 years. There is so much talent just between those 2 areas its ridiculous.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Jackson had offers from SMU, ULM, and North Texas, Clark from Memphis. I am happy to get both of them as I am sure they are fine young men, but until CJ steals a commitment from an entrenched SEC school (not Texas A&M) I'm reserving my excitement and any thoughts about "locking down" anything.
God Bless Everyone!
sader24
Tsunami

I agree, although he stole one from Ole Miss last year and Texas Am. I think the important thing is to lay a strong foundation of making it not only acceptable, but encouraged for local players to consider and sign with Tulane. He's recruiting with a 1 win season and 1,000 person fanbase to draw on. Long term success for Tulane football will have to be built mainly through local talent and support. His strategy is correct, if he can get a 6 or 7 win season under his belt he'll have a strong foundation to build on locally when it comes to going after the 3 and 4 star guys.
Ray
Surge

ajcalhoun wrote:Jackson had offers from SMU, ULM, and North Texas, Clark from Memphis. I am happy to get both of them as I am sure they are fine young men, but until CJ steals a commitment from an entrenched SEC school (not Texas A&M) I'm reserving my excitement and any thoughts about "locking down" anything.
Well as small as it seems, a couple of yrs. ago we were actually losing recruits to teams like SMU & Memphis. I think even N. Texas State. It shouldn't have taken so long, but it really is a building process.
wavedat
Swell

Good get. Glad to hear it.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.
RWR
Swell