Football commit Number 6

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

A long snapper. We don't have anyone on the team who can double up for that duty? I know a team needs a good long snapper, but I hope a schollie wasn't used up just for that... hope he's got some other good skills in the bag.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote:A long snapper. We don't have anyone on the team who can double up for that duty? I know a team needs a good long snapper, but I hope a schollie wasn't used up just for that... hope he's got some other good skills in the bag.

I think we can rule out "WR" ..
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RWR
Swell

Thanks for the info..

Have to disagree w/you on this one Steve. How many NC's did Bowden miss out on b/c he wouldn't give a scholly to a kicker. A long snapper is a critical part of the ST's. You have 85 scholarships which gives you enough for a 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th teamer at every position. So a few scholarships for key ST's are definitely there.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I'm not opposed to a long snapper. Just think that the special teams play of recent wasn't lacking in the long-snapping department. Just would have liked to have seen more of a utility player that's all. But congrats to the kid, and welcome to TU! :mrgreen:
Roll Wave!
RWR
Swell

Our snapper is graduating .
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

RWR wrote:Our snapper is graduating .
I meant, for example, an OL, DL, LB, etc. who can also deep snap vs. just a deep snapper. But of course if we need one, we need one.
Roll Wave!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote:I'm not opposed to a long snapper. Just think that the special teams play of recent wasn't lacking in the long-snapping department. Just would have liked to have seen more of a utility player that's all. But congrats to the kid, and welcome to TU! :mrgreen:
Gawd the kid is 6"1" 215...let him cover kick offs for gawds sake !!!!!...this in not being a freakin' shuttle pilot ..."run down the field...see the guy with the ball...tackle him" !!!!! ...way too much emphasis, placed on intelligence, in order to make this happen