Who's going to play DL?

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Jaxwave
Swell

This staff loves TEs and FBs and OLmen. We are very thin on the DL and we haven't got a committment from anyone bigger than 230 lbs. The other 2 DL are 223 and 215. I ask again, "How will we stop anybody?"

Green Wave
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:This staff loves TEs and FBs and OLmen. We are very thin on the DL and we haven't got a committment from anyone bigger than 230 lbs. The other 2 DL are 223 and 215. I ask again, "How will we stop anybody?"

#93 DT Kenny Welcome who was a Freshman this year and was a home town guy himself. He is 6-2 and 295 pounds and was 3 star out of McDonough.

#97 DT Shane Delery who was a Sophmore this year and hails from Jesuit High School. He is 6-2 and 252 pounds.

#92 DE Julius Warmsly this year was a freshman three star recruit who stands 6-2 and 270 pounds. I suspect that he might move over to DT due to having two DE recuits this year and only losing one DE. Just guesing with that. :D
ROLL WAVE!
Jaxwave
Swell

That's three inexperienced guys. Will all make it to next season? It seems every year we get DL who don't make it academically to the next year. If that happens this year we are sunk.
Green Wave
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:That's three inexperienced guys. Will all make it to next season? It seems every year we get DL who don't make it academically to the next year. If that happens this year we are sunk.
OK but how much exp would someone have if we signed him this year in February?
ROLL WAVE!
Jaxwave
Swell

Good point, but you have to start somewhere and it points out how bad our recruiting of DLmen has been over the years. It will put us another year away from having a decent DL if we don't sign any this year.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

There are 3 things I look for in anyone who plays defense or the "O" Line;

AGILITY

MOBILITY

HOSTILITY
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RWR
Swell

I think jax is talking about true DT's. Welcome is one. The others you mention are DE's they are trying to convert b/c they have done such a poor job of recruiting DT's. I don't think either will pan out there. I hope they do b/c we desperately need them to. Only time will tell.
Jaxwave
Swell

We have 4 DL committed weighing 213, 225, 245, and 280. The last two appear to be the DTs and on film both look to be no taller than 6-0. On signing day compare these to the other DLinemen signed by other CUSA schools and youwill see why we struggle as a program. It's hard for Tulane to get DL players because of their academic restrictions because they tend to be a little lower on the academic scale. Any decent ones with test scores and grades are scooped up quick by the "Big" programs.