2020 football recruiting

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Post Reply
waveclem
Surge
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:20 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:11 pm

First time posting in a while but just want to come on here and say how disappointed I am in the Tulane football coaching staff. They had a 3 star Defensive End/Tackle out of Destrehan who bleeds blue and green who never received an offer. He has since committed to ULL because he wants to stay close to home but also had offers from La Tech, USM, Rice, Troy, South Alabama, Western Kentucky, and ULM. Also heard from Texas and Vanderbilt since he committed to ULL. I understand its up to the coaches discretion on who should be offered but I feel like with some of the offers there handing out that this kid should have gotten one too. There is really nothing else to this post other then me venting out my frustration. Thanks.


User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18561
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:41 am

waveclem wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:11 pm
First time posting in a while but just want to come on here and say how disappointed I am in the Tulane football coaching staff. They had a 3 star Defensive End/Tackle out of Destrehan who bleeds blue and green who never received an offer. He has since committed to ULL because he wants to stay close to home but also had offers from La Tech, USM, Rice, Troy, South Alabama, Western Kentucky, and ULM. Also heard from Texas and Vanderbilt since he committed to ULL. I understand its up to the coaches discretion on who should be offered but I feel like with some of the offers there handing out that this kid should have gotten one too. There is really nothing else to this post other then me venting out my frustration. Thanks.
I feel your pain. I’ve had that happen a few times over the years as well. One recruit that still bugs me today you’ll probably remember is another Destrehan kid Damaris Johnson. He ended up at Tulsa and killed us over those years.
Coach told me he was too small at 5’8” to play at Tulane :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heck of a career:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damaris_Johnson
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:35 am

Tulane’s a joke in terms of getting Louisiana recruits under the current coaching staff. It’s literally irrelevant.
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1435
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:14 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:35 am
Tulane’s a joke in terms of getting Louisiana recruits under the current coaching staff. It’s literally irrelevant.
It's a good move IMO. They're pissing in a fan by pursuing LA recruits with choices. The past futility of Tulane Football has left an indelible mark on Louisiana prospects. They're just waiting for Coach Fritz to skip town.
Here's to retaining the staff & recruiting local talent.
austxwave
Low Tide
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:35 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:41 pm

waveclem wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:11 pm
First time posting in a while but just want to come on here and say how disappointed I am in the Tulane football coaching staff. They had a 3 star Defensive End/Tackle out of Destrehan who bleeds blue and green who never received an offer. He has since committed to ULL because he wants to stay close to home but also had offers from La Tech, USM, Rice, Troy, South Alabama, Western Kentucky, and ULM. Also heard from Texas and Vanderbilt since he committed to ULL. I understand its up to the coaches discretion on who should be offered but I feel like with some of the offers there handing out that this kid should have gotten one too. There is really nothing else to this post other then me venting out my frustration. Thanks.
I understand your angst; however, there could be a myriad of reasons why he wasn't offered: grades, abundance of players/recruits already in the fold at that position, but it could also be as you assume. We'll never know.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 7284
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:09 pm

austxwave wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:41 pm
waveclem wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:11 pm
First time posting in a while but just want to come on here and say how disappointed I am in the Tulane football coaching staff. They had a 3 star Defensive End/Tackle out of Destrehan who bleeds blue and green who never received an offer. He has since committed to ULL because he wants to stay close to home but also had offers from La Tech, USM, Rice, Troy, South Alabama, Western Kentucky, and ULM. Also heard from Texas and Vanderbilt since he committed to ULL. I understand its up to the coaches discretion on who should be offered but I feel like with some of the offers there handing out that this kid should have gotten one too. There is really nothing else to this post other then me venting out my frustration. Thanks.
I understand your angst; however, there could be a myriad of reasons why he wasn't offered: grades, abundance of players/recruits already in the fold at that position, but it could also be as you assume. We'll never know.
It's also 8 months until signing day, lots of things can change between now and then.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
waveclem
Surge
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:20 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:33 pm

In all honesty, I know this information because the kid is my nephew. He's been coming to Tulane games since he was a kid. Grades are definitely not a problem as I failed to mention he was offered by Harvard as well (Ivy league schools don't offer full athletic scholarships so we learned). From the time I posted that message last night he recieved 2 offers from 2 more schools (Air Force and Tulsa) but is being hush about it in order to be respectful to his commitment to ULL. Arizona just got on the prowl too according to his high school coach. Tulane is still in contact with him but the fact that no offer came while their just throwing offers out to almost any out of state guy is infuriating as a fan and as an Uncle.

At TPS, I remember the name of Damaris Johnson well. That's another player who came back to burn Tulane year after year.
Sunamiwave
Low Tide
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:42 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:40 pm

With all of the great offers around the country your nephew is receiving I would hate to see him turn those down and go to ULL because he wants to stay close to home. I realize it is his decision to make and I mean no disrespect to ULL but unless there is some sort of personal family issue involved that really calls for him to stay nearby I would hope that your nephew in looking out for his own interests would reconsider. As far as Tulane not offering him I would imagine recruiting has taken off with winning a bowl game last year and Coach Fritz adding Will Hall as his offensive coordinator, The football program seems to have a lot of momentum and stability behind it right now which is not something we have said about Tulane football in a long time. Perhaps the coaches have a lot more interest from quality high school players in committing to Tulane and it is therefore taking them longer to finish their player evaluations and extend offers. I do not know if this is the reason why your nephew has not yet received an offer but it is just a theory on my part.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13713
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun May 12, 2019 8:12 pm

We have our first commitment:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 14686.html

We're now a football school.
Let's Roll !
dz1
Ripple
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:47 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 13, 2019 8:36 pm

Noah Taliancich DE/DT from Destrehan was offered today. I expect him to switch his commitment from ULL.
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1962
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 pm

dz1 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:36 pm
Noah Taliancich DE/DT from Destrehan was offered today. I expect him to switch his commitment from ULL.
Is that Clem's nephew? Welcome aboard!
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
Bicoastalwave
High Tide
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Mon May 13, 2019 11:52 pm

ajcalhoun wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 pm
dz1 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:36 pm
Noah Taliancich DE/DT from Destrehan was offered today. I expect him to switch his commitment from ULL.
Is that Clem's nephew? Welcome aboard!
Sounds like it ! Welcome to the team & Roll wave !
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8688
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Tue May 14, 2019 5:36 am

dz1 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:36 pm
Noah Taliancich DE/DT from Destrehan was offered today. I expect him to switch his commitment from ULL.
damn... I grew up with a kid at Metry playground named Robert / Bobby Taliancich,....hell of a player, a big kid...this would have been back in the 60's so this young man would be his grandkid if they are related...here a little info....the twit account is interesting

https://247sports.com/Player/Noah-Taliancich-46083320/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9356246/Noah-Taliancich

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/noah-t ... efault.htm

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... ich-235112

https://twitter.com/noah_tally?lang=en
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1435
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Tue May 14, 2019 3:31 pm

Congratulations to your Nephew on the Tulane offer waveclem. Your Nephew can flat out play (good leverage/balance/feet/motor). Next December I hope he is part of a Tulane recruiting class of Louisiana kids with many offers in hand.
waveclem
Surge
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:20 pm
Status: Offline

Wed May 15, 2019 2:06 am

Thanks everyone! Noah is definitely excited to get the Tulane offer! He's been speaking with Coach Fritz and Coach Peoples alot the last few days and I feel they are definitely making up ground. I think come December Noah will be a Green Wave signee but ultimately it's up to him. He knows how much his family would love to see him playing in Yulman. Noah is also going to be an early graduate in December so come January he'll be on campus working out and practicing with the team, wherever it may be. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Roll Wave!
User avatar
chain gang x man
Swell
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Wed May 15, 2019 6:32 am

waveclem wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:06 am
Thanks everyone! Noah is definitely excited to get the Tulane offer! He's been speaking with Coach Fritz and Coach Peoples alot the last few days and I feel they are definitely making up ground. I think come December Noah will be a Green Wave signee but ultimately it's up to him. He knows how much his family would love to see him playing in Yulman. Noah is also going to be an early graduate in December so come January he'll be on campus working out and practicing with the team, wherever it may be. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Roll Wave!
I pray he signs in December and enrolls in January. I would hate to see him playing for UCF
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13713
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed May 15, 2019 6:48 am

waveclem wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:06 am
Thanks everyone! Noah is definitely excited to get the Tulane offer! He's been speaking with Coach Fritz and Coach Peoples alot the last few days and I feel they are definitely making up ground. I think come December Noah will be a Green Wave signee but ultimately it's up to him. He knows how much his family would love to see him playing in Yulman. Noah is also going to be an early graduate in December so come January he'll be on campus working out and practicing with the team, wherever it may be. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Roll Wave!
Congrats! Hope to see him in green and blue soon.
Let's Roll !
waveclem
Surge
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:20 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 19, 2019 10:44 am

Heard from my source that Tulane is actively recruiting Defensive End Angelo Anderson out of John Curtis hard. They want to sign him and 2 other Dlineman for next years class. Angelo was on a visit to Tulane this past weekend with his family. It sounds like the young man doesn't want to go far from home. He already holds offers from Missouri, West Virginia, Colorado St, Louisville, and many more. Would be a great get for Tulane.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 7284
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sun May 19, 2019 11:50 am

waveclem wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:44 am
Heard from my source that Tulane is actively recruiting Defensive End Angelo Anderson out of John Curtis hard. They want to sign him and 2 other Dlineman for next years class. Angelo was on a visit to Tulane this past weekend with his family. It sounds like the young man doesn't want to go far from home. He already holds offers from Missouri, West Virginia, Colorado St, Louisville, and many more. Would be a great get for Tulane.
John Curtis is a program that should be a consistent feeder for Tulane. Good school and hell of a football program, coached by John Curtis! I hope we can land Angelo and get that pipeline working regularly.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13713
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun May 19, 2019 12:20 pm

Curtis is a system type program. They also hold kids back a year to give them an advantage. They don't really produce a lot of D-1 players. The one's they do put out usually go to high profile schools. They have tried to steer their lesser players to us over the years. Maybe this staff can change that.
Let's Roll !
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 19, 2019 12:54 pm

winwave wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:20 pm
Curtis is a system type program. They also hold kids back a year to give them an advantage. They don't really produce a lot of D-1 players. The one's they do put out usually go to high profile schools. They have tried to steer their lesser players to us over the years. Maybe this staff can change that.
Hopefully so. This staff deserves a shot at their better players—much more so than our past staffs.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
gbgreenie
High Tide
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:12 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 19, 2019 1:50 pm

Nice to see recruiting heating up
gbgreenie
High Tide
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:12 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Heating up
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8688
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Mon May 20, 2019 10:38 am

looks like it is official, sort of....signin' day is a few months off



some film
http://www.hudl.com/profile/9356246/Noah-Taliancich
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Post Reply