2019-2020 Men’s Basketball Recruiting

Talk about the latest recruits here.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 7284
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:21 pm

pansdad wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:15 pm
DCfromCT, do you feel better now that you so severely put down a fellow Tulane fan.
No, he's an idiot.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
greenie78
Surge
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:15 pm

The Big East is a power conference in basketball.
Bicoastalwave
High Tide
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:08 pm

So is the AAC
WavyHoops
Low Tide
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 am
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:15 pm

Bicoastalwave wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:08 pm
So is the AAC
Well, it would be if it didn't have a team with a 300 RPI in it. :o
WavyHoops
Low Tide
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 am
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:43 pm



Sit one, play two.
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1962
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:12 pm

"I couldn’t ride they wave dawg cuz they ain’t talkin bout nun"

Somebody help me here?

Image

Anybody?
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 7284
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:14 pm

WavyHoops wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:43 pm


Sit one, play two.
A former 3 star recruit out of Mt. Zion Prep, Teshaun spent two years at UGa, and was a starter earlier this past season before falling out of favor with Tom Crean late in the season.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8688
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:17 pm

ajcalhoun wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:12 pm
"I couldn’t ride they wave dawg cuz they ain’t talkin bout nun"

Somebody help me here?

Image

Anybody?
someone was waving good bye to their dog, while having a converstaion, not related to the catholic religion
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
High Tide
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:33 pm

Good to see us get somebody. . . But we still dont know who will actually play in games for us next year. Walker & Days and . . . ???????
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13713
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:07 pm

ajcalhoun wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:12 pm
"I couldn’t ride they wave dawg cuz they ain’t talkin bout nun"

Somebody help me here?

Image

Anybody?
I'm with you. I'd love that one explained. Seems he is riding the Wave and ain't a dawg no more.
Let's Roll !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13713
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:11 pm

He has good length to play the aggressive match up zone Hunter likes. His freshman year he averaged 11 minutes a game, scored 3.6 a game with 1.4 rebounds. This year he started 17 games and averaged 17 minutes a game. He scored 6.5 a game and averaged 1.9 rebounds a game.
Let's Roll !
User avatar
nawlinspete
Swell
Posts: 1940
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:21 pm

Looks as if Coach Hunter , as was Coach Fritz , is sticking close to the players he was more familiar with in his abbreviated recruiting window for his first class .

Just as Coach Fritz has I am confident Coach Hunter will be looking with a wider roster focus for 20 / 21 recruiting .
Once and Again, With Smart Choices and a Bit Of Patience
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13713
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:22 pm

Let's Roll !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13713
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:32 pm

Building process begins:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... b7834.html

Daniels still working out at Tulane.
Let's Roll !
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1962
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:06 am

nawlinspete wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:21 pm
Looks as if Coach Hunter , as was Coach Fritz , is sticking close to the players he was more familiar with in his abbreviated recruiting window for his first class .

Just as Coach Fritz has I am confident Coach Hunter will be looking with a wider roster focus for 20 / 21 recruiting .
Every once in a while you show a clarity of thought that is just spot-on. This is one of those rare times that I am in complete agreement with you. (Not that you are seeking my approval.)
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 7284
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:47 am

Looks like Caleb Daneils is gone. Unless I'm unaware of rule changes, when you hire an agent, you give up your remaining NCAA eligibility. (I've been wrong before, and hope I'm wrong here!)
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13713
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:29 pm

There's a new rule that allows them to withdraw by a date in late May I believe even if they had hired an agent. There are limitations as to what the agent can pay for during that period.
Let's Roll !
WavyHoops
Low Tide
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 am
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:51 pm

winwave wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:29 pm
There's a new rule that allows them to withdraw by a date in late May I believe even if they had hired an agent. There are limitations as to what the agent can pay for during that period.
Pretty sure it's May 29.
User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:29 pm

Interesting. Caleb Daniels hires James Dunleavy as his agent. James Dunleavy's other clients include Cam Reynolds and Mike Dunleavy Jr. (son of our recently departed coach). One could easily imagine several conspiratorial scenarios.
WavyHoops
Low Tide
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 am
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:43 pm

GreenLantern wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:29 pm
Interesting. Caleb Daniels hires James Dunleavy as his agent. James Dunleavy's other clients include Cam Reynolds and Mike Dunleavy Jr. (son of our recently departed coach). One could easily imagine several conspiratorial scenarios.
Nothing conspiratorial about the best player on a team checking out pro options and going with an agent he knows and trusts.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13713
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:21 pm

WavyHoops wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:51 pm
winwave wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:29 pm
There's a new rule that allows them to withdraw by a date in late May I believe even if they had hired an agent. There are limitations as to what the agent can pay for during that period.
Pretty sure it's May 29.
That is the date I think it is too.
Let's Roll !
WavyHoops
Low Tide
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 am
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:37 pm

winwave wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:21 pm
WavyHoops wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:51 pm
winwave wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:29 pm
There's a new rule that allows them to withdraw by a date in late May I believe even if they had hired an agent. There are limitations as to what the agent can pay for during that period.
Pretty sure it's May 29.
That is the date I think it is too.
Will see a lot of dominos falling that week.
WavyHoops
Low Tide
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 am
Status: Offline

Wed May 01, 2019 1:32 pm

Per Jon Rothstein, the following potential transfers visiting in the coming weeks:

Marco Anthony (Virginia)
KJ Lawson (Kansas) - grad
Nic Thomas (Norfolk State) - grad
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 7284
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed May 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Did Lawson graduate? He's a listed as a RS Sophmore. But he's had a medical RS and a transfer RS, so maybe he's completed a degree? It's similar to Nic Thomas, whom had a "hardship RS" and then a medical RS. Bringing in two players that could play immediately would be huge! Both play guard, but Lawson is a big man at 6'8" while Thomas is only 6'2". Lawson started 31 of 32 games at Memphis before transferring and was never more than help off the bench at Kansas, averaging 9 minutes/game.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
WavyHoops
Low Tide
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 am
Status: Offline

Wed May 01, 2019 2:29 pm

I don't think much of this fellow's "scoops" to date, but he's good at tracking the recruiting info:

Post Reply