Talk about the latest recruits here.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Last piece of the puzzle:

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

WavyHoops wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:20 pm Last piece of the puzzle:

https://247sports.com/player/tylan-pope-46054985/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Had a Baylor & Cinci offer. His coach says he has super long arms, is the most physical player he had ever seen and an elite rebounder. A walking double double machine, and super high iq guy who always fonds himself in the right location. Hopefully that overcomes his lack of height.
AugWave
Swell

We got a good one.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:25 pm Had a Baylor & Cinci offer. His coach says he has super long arms, is the most physical player he had ever seen and an elite rebounder. A walking double double machine, and super high iq guy who always fonds himself in the right location. Hopefully that overcomes his lack of height.
so what the coach is really saying..." with his long arms, he plays like he is 6'8" or 6" 9" tall.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
WavyHoops
High Tide

The transformation of the roster in just a few weeks’ time is almost impossible to comprehend.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We had a couple of players with his profile under Perry that were rebounding machines. Looks like a good get.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Basketball the easiest sport to turnaround
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
oliveandblue
Surge

WavyHoops wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:17 pm The transformation of the roster in just a few weeks’ time is almost impossible to comprehend.
If he fails it won't be for a lack of effort. Kinda cool that we got two positive forces leading fball and hoops. That has never happened in the past decade plus.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:34 pm Basketball the easiest sport to turnaround
An often uttered statement that for once we are (hopefully) witnessing.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:57 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:34 pm Basketball the easiest sport to turnaround
An often uttered statement that for once we are (hopefully) witnessing.
:yes: :yes:
Tulane Class of 1981
WavyHoops
High Tide

greenie78
Riptide

winwave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:31 pm We had a couple of players with his profile under Perry that were rebounding machines. Looks like a good get.
I was thinking of Rayshard Allen.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:15 pm
winwave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:31 pm We had a couple of players with his profile under Perry that were rebounding machines. Looks like a good get.
I was thinking of Rayshard Allen.
Carlin Hartman too.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Don't know about the rest of you guys, but now that the roster is set - and is almost completely turned over from the players who were on hand for Coach Hunter's initial press conference - I am hankering for another Coach Hunter press conference.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

WavyHoops wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:23 pm Don't know about the rest of you guys, but now that the roster is set - and is almost completely turned over from the players who were on hand for Coach Hunter's initial press conference - I am hankering for another Coach Hunter press conference.
Yes please :D
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If nothing else it sure will be interesting.
WavyHoops
High Tide

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link. Looking forward to it. Already renewed the season tix.
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:47 pm Thanks for the link. Looking forward to it. Already renewed the season tix.
Has Hunter's promise to seat the team on the opposite side been kept ?

Or will we revert to our historical seating teams on opposite baselines ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Hunter said, somewhat tongue in cheek I believe, that he would switch which team sat on which side of the scorers table.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:36 pm Hunter said, somewhat tongue in cheek I believe, that he would switch which team sat on which side of the scorers table.
The switch is real. The two benches are swapping with one another. The past home side will now be the visitor bench and vise versa. Fans will re-select their seats based on donor priority points. Wacky because the visitor lock room is currently on the visitor bench side and the same for the home locker room. So at halftime both teams will cross one another to get to the other side of the gym. They probably need to just swap locker rooms as well.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:51 pm
DfromCT wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:36 pm Hunter said, somewhat tongue in cheek I believe, that he would switch which team sat on which side of the scorers table.
The switch is real. The two benches are swapping with one another. The past home side will now be the visitor bench and vise versa. Fans will re-select their seats based on donor priority points. Wacky because the visitor lock room is currently on the visitor bench side and the same for the home locker room. So at halftime both teams will cross one another to get to the other side of the gym. They probably need to just swap locker rooms as well.
It is wacky. I doubt they change locker rooms as you would think ours is nicer.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Today was first day of summer practice:

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Let's face it: there's a wacky streak in our MBB Coach's personality. That being said, I like it! I fully expect him to be successful (though not post season in 19-20) and hope that's the case. If he strings together a couple of MD type seasons that lovable wackiness would wear thin pretty quickly.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V