2019-2020 Men’s Basketball Recruiting

Talk about the latest recruits here.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Nic Thomas making a step down to play at Tulane. Tulane finished with an RPI of 292. Norfolk State was 19-14, lost in the championship game of their conf, just missing an NCAA trip, and beat Alabama in the first round of the NIT. Regardless who they had on their schedule, it seems they were a better team than we were.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Hunter is hitting it out of the park. It doesn’t really matter who returns from last year—the program is going to improve significantly next year.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Another good get !
WavyHoops
High Tide

Team is totally transformed. I respect any personal loyalty Daniels and Sehic have to Coach Dunleavy, who threw both of them a lifeline that that they took great advantage of, and I'm sure they both thought a great deal about transferring during an almost unimaginably bad season,, but they need to evaluate next season based on Coach Hunter and this new group of players and what they can all achieve together.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:55 pm Nic Thomas making a step down to play at Tulane. Tulane finished with an RPI of 292. Norfolk State was 19-14, lost in the championship game of their conf, just missing an NCAA trip, and beat Alabama in the first round of the NIT. Regardless who they had on their schedule, it seems they were a better team than we were.

You could say anybody coming here is taking a step down. We won 4 games and went winless in conference. The truth is he's taking a big step up in competition from the MEAC to the AAC .The MEAC was 32nd in RPI. The AAC was 6th. I'm glad we got him and hope he does well but he is definitely taking a step up.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I agree with you there, win. Definitely a huge step up in competition. I'm talking about comparing his team to ours, and I was being facetious.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Gotcha.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

You know, Coach Hunter came in and talked about wanting the biggest turn around in the history of D1 basketball. I'm not sure if we can pull that off given the conference we're in. But if we have a shot at finishing over .500 and being competitive instead of games being over well before halftime, I'll be happily satisfied that Coach has the team headed in the right direction.

He's going to build us a winner, and I hope spend his last 15 years coaching the Green Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DrBox
Riptide

Shakwon Barret to the transfer portal.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

DrBox wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:49 pm Shakwon Barret to the transfer portal.
Can that possibly mean that Sehic is staying? With Daniels gone, we need 1 more scholarship player to clear out, so to speak, if Sehic stays. Or is there another transfer in that we're going to learn about?
DrBox
Riptide

Well Hunter tweeted this, so either Sehic stays or someone's unannounced:

@coachrhunter
2h2 hours ago
More
The Transformation is complete !!! Now we are ready !#something2prove

0 replies 11 retweets 62 likes
Reply Retweet 11 Liked 62 Direct message
WavyHoops
High Tide

Cornish, Paul, Daniels, Wood, Crabtree, Barrett and perhaps Sehic or some other player gone. That’s a remarkable changing of the guard.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

WavyHoops wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:24 pm Cornish, Paul, Daniels, Wood, Crabtree, Barrett and perhaps Sehic or some other player gone. That’s a remarkable changing of the guard.
Maybe we'll go undefeated in AAC, and only lose 4 games next season. Last year's fiasco demanded a house cleaning. Upward and onward.
Show Me
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:57 pm
WavyHoops wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:24 pm Cornish, Paul, Daniels, Wood, Crabtree, Barrett and perhaps Sehic or some other player gone. That’s a remarkable changing of the guard.
Maybe we'll go undefeated in AAC, and only lose 4 games next season. Last year's fiasco demanded a house cleaning. Upward and onward.
Dunleavy was just an awful coach. He never got how the college game is played. Those kids under another coach would have had some success. Dunleavy put them in a position to fail from the start. No team concept whatsoever. NBA mentality. The kids deserved better.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sehic announced he'll be playing for the Bosnian national team. So he's gone. But there is one more guy that Hunter has, I think. Haven't seen it announced yet, but FearTheWave was looking into it during the game last night.
WavyHoops
High Tide

RobertM320 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:40 am Sehic announced he'll be playing for the Bosnian national team. So he's gone. But there is one more guy that Hunter has, I think. Haven't seen it announced yet, but FearTheWave was looking into it during the game last night.
Why does Sehich playing for B&H mean that he's gone? Maybe he is, but I'm not sure this is proof of that.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 pm
Dunleavy was just an awful coach. He never got how the college game is played. Those kids under another coach would have had some success. Dunleavy put them in a position to fail from the start. No team concept whatsoever. NBA mentality. The kids deserved better.
+ 1,000.
swampnik
Surge

WavyHoops wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:08 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:40 am Sehic announced he'll be playing for the Bosnian national team. So he's gone. But there is one more guy that Hunter has, I think. Haven't seen it announced yet, but FearTheWave was looking into it during the game last night.
Why does Sehich playing for B&H mean that he's gone? Maybe he is, but I'm not sure this is proof of that.
This could just be a sumer league for Sehic, like Zhang is doing with the national Chinese team this summer. Sehic could well be back. Only Hunter knows at this point.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Its not a good sign that sehic was removed from the online team roster. Having his experiance and needed size would be great for this team.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:08 pm Its not a good sign that sehic was removed from the online team roster. Having his experiance and needed size would be great for this team.
I agree that Sehic brings valuable experience and size. He has a big wingspan as well. But he is not a very athletic player, doesn't jump really well and was never strong defensively inside the paint. I'm pretty sure he's gone, otherwise they wouldn't have taken the step to remove him from the roster on tulanegreenwave.com.

I wish Semir all the best on the court and in life. I hope your Tulane degree opens doors when your days on the court are over.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Agree all around.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 pm
This.

I am still shocked how bad MD was at TU. Total embarrassment.

Really wish Sehic would come back. I think it could only help his game on the next level.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

MD was really bad. He also didn't bring in much talent. As to Sehic he won't have much of a career at the next level so he might as well come back.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:56 pm MD was really bad. He also didn't bring in much talent. As to Sehic he won't have much of a career at the next level so he might as well come back.
I agree. Never understood the idea he could even play euro ball. Maybe he just wants to have a cup of coffee in his native country and get going on his career. Still don’t understand why he wouldn’t take another year on a full scholarship and add to his bball/career resume. But who knows.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

What is does for us if he's truly gone is clear space for Hunter to turn over the roster which was much needed. Word has been he's got one more transfer. No word on who or what type but obviously hoping for a player with some size. We know Hunter likes to talk hype and he's talked it about Koka. I hope he can figure out how to use him . However we heard a lot of hype from MD last year about him going into the season. Then his deficiencies were exposed and his time cut. But even if he doesn't work out and the transfer isn't a big man I'm confident Hunter can figure out how to scheme around it as he's had to do his whole career.