Jalen Hurt /Kelly Bryant

Talk about the latest recruits here.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Bryant has already left Clemson looking to make a splash . He certainly would here .

Hurt graduates in a few dzys . He would certainly be a welcome grad transfer here .

Willie knows he needs to speak with both .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
RobertM320
Green Wave

Looks like UCF might get an upgrade at QB if Milton isn't able to return.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

They have gorgeous facilities and a nice stadium in the heart of campus that has the crowd on top of the field. UCF has this stomping tradition that literally gets their stadium rocking.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:20 am They have gorgeous facilities and a nice stadium in the heart of campus that has the crowd on top of the field. UCF has this stomping tradition that literally gets their stadium rocking.
that happens when it is a steel stadium, errcted in the same fashion as the north end zone of old Tulane stadium, that is now the south end zone of Independence Bowl Stadium
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Homecoming dance, I believe it was 1982, in the Hyatt (where I worked my Freshman year and refused Archie's autograph, but that's another story!). The Neville Brothers playing the huge ballroom, and the whole floor was rocking. It felt like waves! I knew that the Hyatt Regency in KC had a disaster of a walkway collapse and feared something bad was going to happen. I bailed, but not before a whole lot of deviant behavior in the bowels of the Hyatt, fueled by alcohol and ?? youthful savior faire??!!! Oh to be 20 years old again!

The first (and only) time I saw a game at UCF when they started the stomping it scared me. I've since been assured that they've had many engineering studies confirm that despite the rocking, the structure is perfectly safe. It's a wild experience, I hope a bunch of us are there this fall.
swampnik
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:35 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:20 am They have gorgeous facilities and a nice stadium in the heart of campus that has the crowd on top of the field. UCF has this stomping tradition that literally gets their stadium rocking.
that happens when it is a steel stadium, errcted in the same fashion as the north end zone of old Tulane stadium, that is now the south end zone of Independence Bowl Stadium
Are you saying that the stadium in Shreveport salvaged some of the original steel of Tulane Stadium to make an extension to the south end zone of Independence Bowl?? If so, that would be like how the Eiffel Tower restaurant on Saint Charles Ave. used some of the original Eiffel Tower parts stored in Paris to be shipped to NOLA for the top part of the current Eiffel Society Building.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:24 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:35 am
Are you saying that the stadium in Shreveport salvaged some of the original steel of Tulane Stadium to make an extension to the south end zone of Independence Bowl?? If so, that would be like how the Eiffel Tower restaurant on Saint Charles Ave. used some of the original Eiffel Tower parts stored in Paris to be shipped to NOLA for the top part of the current Eiffel Society Building.
The south end zone of the Independence bowl IS the north end zone of Tulane Stadium, it was unbolted shipped and rebolted in S'port...In 1987 Tony Sardisco, former Tulane All American and Board member of the Independce Bowl took Ken Berthelot and myself on a tour and showed us all of the expansion that was once part of Tulane Stadium...this was no "salvage" operation...it was taken apart in sections and then re-errected
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:20 pm Homecoming dance, I believe it was 1982, in the Hyatt (where I worked my Freshman year and refused Archie's autograph, but that's another story!). The Neville Brothers playing the huge ballroom, and the whole floor was rocking. It felt like waves! I knew that the Hyatt Regency in KC had a disaster of a walkway collapse and feared something bad was going to happen. I bailed, but not before a whole lot of deviant behavior in the bowels of the Hyatt, fueled by alcohol and ?? youthful savior faire??!!! Oh to be 20 years old again!

The first (and only) time I saw a game at UCF when they started the stomping it scared me. I've since been assured that they've had many engineering studies confirm that despite the rocking, the structure is perfectly safe. It's a wild experience, I hope a bunch of us are there this fal
I hope not . This fall ucf plays us at Yulman .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Aberzombie1892
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:02 pm Bryant has already left Clemson looking to make a splash . He certainly would here .

Hurt graduates in a few dzys . He would certainly be a welcome grad transfer here .

Willie knows he needs to speak with both .
Hurts isn't choosing Tulane over Oklahoma, Miami, TCU, or Maryland.
chain gang x man
Swell

Bryant is going to Missouri. I guess Lindsey Scott will never see the field
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:35 am Looks like UCF might get an upgrade at QB if Milton isn't able to return.

He's an upgrade over Mack, but certainly not over McKenzie Milton. I think that's what your post implied, Robert, but wasn't sure.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:17 pm Bryant is going to Missouri. I guess Lindsey Scott will never see the field
Wow. Just incredible.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:45 am
chain gang x man wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:17 pm Bryant is going to Missouri. I guess Lindsey Scott will never see the field
Wow. Just incredible.
ole Linssey will "see" it...just never play on it... on second thought, there is the "Spring Game"
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It's a done deal: Wimbush to UCF.
swampnik
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:05 pm It's a done deal: Wimbush to UCF.
But we have Canteen! (wink)
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

That UCF game at Yulman definitely just got most challenging. If we want more fans to show up to games uptown beat auburn or UCF next year and there will be 5-10k more people at subsequent home games.