Football Recruiting -- 2019

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Ruski
Swell

Officially on the board with recruit #1!

Tyjae Spears RB from Ponchatoula HS, 5'9 175

Not rated yet by any of the sites.

Offers from USM, Texas State, McNeese, SELA, etc.
https://twitter.com/tyjae_spears/status ... 4912154624

Ruski
Swell

Pretty much the same timing as last years first recruit, Juan Monjarress on May 23.

Monjarres was a big bang to start the cycle, Spears by contrast seems underwhelming.

Interesting note is that Spears QB teammate is TJ Finley, 4/5 star 6'6 QB. Offers from LSU, Bama, Auburn, Georgia, etc. Expected to announce to LSU on Tuesday. Playing the what-if game should LSU tank this season and we pull off 8 or so wins....
Ruski
Swell

Also I've been wondering if this Da'Ren Zeno is of relation to our Marc? Looks like he'd be a great add.

https://247sports.com/Player/DaRen-Zeno-46050452
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Welcome aboard. Played for a good HS coach.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Played through a high ankle sprain last season. Looking forward to a great senior season:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 6d711.html
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:03 pm Welcome aboard. Played for a good HS coach.
That HS coach grew up a huge Tulane fan even during the lean 60's. Good friend of mine. Great coach and good guy.
JerseyWave
Riptide

"The Coaches were showing me some love" That's what recruiting has become. It really is nauseating the mentality of kids these days. And if this kid is healthy to have a breakout senior year we know there will be some P5 offers and then the tweet, " I am blessed to receive an offer from Missouri, Kansas or Miss St"

"I want to thank the coaches at the University of Tulane, but I am decommiting, please respect my decision" Blah, blah , blah.

I have seen this 1,000 times.
Ruski
Swell

JerseyWave wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:38 am "The Coaches were showing me some love" That's what recruiting has become. It really is nauseating the mentality of kids these days. And if this kid is healthy to have a breakout senior year we know there will be some P5 offers and then the tweet, " I am blessed to receive an offer from Missouri, Kansas or Miss St"

"I want to thank the coaches at the University of Tulane, but I am decommiting, please respect my decision" Blah, blah , blah.

Yep. Looking back through last years thread, all of the early guys we offered/were high on were being overlooked by EVERYONE. They pretty much all went to medium high p5 schools.

These kids are kind of like young girls. Forever taking the nice guy for granted and jumping at the first chance they get to sleep with the known asshole.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Ruski wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:43 am
JerseyWave wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:38 am "The Coaches were showing me some love" That's what recruiting has become. It really is nauseating the mentality of kids these days. And if this kid is healthy to have a breakout senior year we know there will be some P5 offers and then the tweet, " I am blessed to receive an offer from Missouri, Kansas or Miss St"

Yep. Looking back through last years thread, all of the early guys we offered/were high on were being overlooked by EVERYONE. They pretty much all went to medium high p5 schools.

These kids are kind of like young girls. Forever taking the nice guy for granted and jumping at the first chance they get to sleep with the known a**hole.
We're only upset because we're the ones getting dumped. It is what it is, until Tulane becomes more attractive.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Ruski
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:12 am

These kids are kind of like young girls. Forever taking the nice guy for granted and jumping at the first chance they get to sleep with the known a**hole.
We're only upset because we're the ones getting dumped. It is what it is, until Tulane becomes more attractive.
And Scott Cowen is the snowflake "nice guy" who got friendzoned and rather than self-improve and become hot, he blows up on the girl, the other guy, and everyone involved- eternally damning himself to being a loser in his mom's basement.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Ruski wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:07 pm And Scott Cowen is the snowflake "nice guy" who got friendzoned and rather than self-improve and become hot, he blows up on the girl, the other guy, and everyone involved- eternally damning himself to being a loser in his mom's basement.
Exactly.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Funny turn our recruiting thread has taken. Let's hope we can put together a bowl season, or better, and that Coach Fritz doesn't have to live with Cowen in the basement.

Tulane has a whole lot more to offer than many other schools, P5 or not. If Fritz's recruiting takes a similar jump up from last year to this year as it did a year ago, we'll be competing for AAC titles in a couple of years. And the conference can continue to push forward with the P6 agenda.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Ruski
Swell

Spears graded on 247 as a low 3star, .8299. Better than I expected
HoustonWave
Tsunami

It's unfortunate, because most 3* recruits will have a better chance of getting playing time, and developing as a player, at a G5 school. They get seduced by P5, which increases their chances of watching games from the sideline. What % of Tulane's 3* players have made NFL rosters, compared to the 3*'s that signed with P5 programs?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
ajcalhoun
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:29 am It's unfortunate, because most 3* recruits will have a better chance of getting playing time, and developing as a player, at a G5 school.
I hear what you are saying but when the recruit hears this he thinks you're saying "You're not good enough for that P5 school. You need to come here instead."
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I agree ajc....

The athletes being recruited think they're going to see significant playing time. They're the cream of the crop even if they only get mostly G5 offers. They represent the top 1 to maybe 2% of those playing their sport. They've proven their ability at the HS level and most are convinced they can do it at the D1 level regardless of P5 or G5 competition. Telling them they won't see the field if they take the P5 scholarship is insulting them.
Ruski
Swell

Recruit #2! Brevyn Jones, 6'4" 260lbs OL out of Birmingham AL. 3 star, .7998, on 247. Offers FAU, ULL, UAB, Texas State, WKU, Cornell, etc.
https://twitter.com/BrevynJ/status/1005602071624802305
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

Yes, it gets very old!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
anEngineer
Riptide

I don't pay attention to any of the early commitments. It's interesting in that it gives insight as to who the coaches are talking to and what level of player is actually willing to listen. Other than that, it's just background noise of 18-year-olds spouting off.
anEngineer
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:29 am It's unfortunate, because most 3* recruits will have a better chance of getting playing time, and developing as a player, at a G5 school. They get seduced by P5, which increases their chances of watching games from the sideline. What % of Tulane's 3* players have made NFL rosters, compared to the 3*'s that signed with P5 programs?
This would be a REALLY interesting number to see. It's almost incalculable because of variances in the ratings but I would bet there is something to this statement about 3* recruits in general.
RobertM320
Green Wave

anEngineer wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:14 pm I don't pay attention to any of the early commitments. It's interesting in that it gives insight as to who the coaches are talking to and what level of player is actually willing to listen. Other than that, it's just background noise of 18-year-olds spouting off.
Keep in mind that these "early" commits aren't as early as they used to be, now that we have the Dec early signing period.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Another lineman commit, Colby Orgeron of John Curtis. Listed as a DL/OL
https://twitter.com/colbyjude1/status/1 ... 7638699008
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Ruski
Swell

He's listed at 6'5! WF is bringing in some sequoias this year!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I wonder which side of the ball he'll play on in college?