Football Recruiting -- 2019

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:55 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:40 am
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:14 am
RobertM320 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:28 pm Carrington McClinton (ATH) of Washington-Marion HS
https://twitter.com/cmcclintonsix/statu ... 3579145217
as Lee Corso would say.."Not so fast my friend"...Strawberry Stadium is nice on a Saturday Nitei
https://twitter.com/cmcclintonsix/statu ... 40224?s=21
We've had one of our recruits flipped by Southeastern Louisiana? Best of luck to the young man. Hope that degree carries him far after his football days are over.
Say what???? There's got to be much more to this story.
gotta admit...the free Strawberries, when in season, are hard to resist...add a little whip cream and it's "Strawberry Fields Forever "

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The best Strawberry Field ever was right field at the old Shea Stadium.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:15 am The best Strawberry Field ever was right field at the old Shea Stadium.
D...then U ain't never been to Hammond !!!!...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

Go easy on us Lion alums. I received a quality education.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:06 pm Go easy on us Lion alums. I received a quality education.
ahhh the memories...Carter-Harris...Holloway-Smith dorms...the student U ...the Brown Door Bar..I think the only one left standing is the Brown Door
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

There's nothing wrong with Southeastern Louisiana. I think just about any school can prepare a young man or woman for their future. It's all about what the student and professional wants to do with what they learn. But I can tell you, my Tulane diploma opened many doors for me throughout my years.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane had got off of him long ago. He didn't have a committable offer. Thus he tries to save face.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:19 pm
Pepper wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:06 pm Go easy on us Lion alums. I received a quality education.
ahhh the memories...Carter-Harris...Holloway-Smith dorms...the student U ...the Brown Door Bar..I think the only one left standing is the Brown Door
Great memories indeed.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:35 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:19 pm
Great memories indeed.
if memory serves Livingston Dorm was one of the newer and that is where the mega babes were housed...there was a dorm close to the student union (McGhee ? ) ...it was at one time a male dorm. but was converted to female, only one issue, they left the urinals in place !!!!
dpm wave
Swell

dpm wave wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:14 pm CWF has landed one of the Panhandle's finest from the HS right down the street. My office manager's son plays on the team with him. Great family and dad is a former NFL'er.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/sports/2018 ... -to-tulane
https://twitter.com/DanteWright8/status ... 7254972416
https://twitter.com/DanteWright8/status ... 4120601601
RobertM320
Green Wave

Dante Wright is another one of these odd situations. He listed himself as committed on Twitter, but I'm not sure CWF ever Roll Wave'd him. He's not listed as a commit on 247, in fact, he doesn't even have a rating on there. And all his offers other than us are from CUSA or Sunbelt schools, so I doubt very much Alabama is all that interested in him.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Pepper
Swell

DB Ishmael Burdine, Slidell HS, committed to Mizzou last night. I know Tulane had him on their radar.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:18 am DB Ishmael Burdine, Slidell HS, committed to Mizzou last night. I know Tulane had him on their radar.
Mizzou will finish 6-6 or 7-5...the Staff may survive there..... many in Columbia and more importantly, Rolla, Mizzou, wanted them fired after last season
Ruski
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:39 am
Pepper wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:18 am DB Ishmael Burdine, Slidell HS, committed to Mizzou last night. I know Tulane had him on their radar.
Mizzou will finish 6-6 or 7-5...the Staff may survive there..... many in Columbia and more importantly, Rolla, Mizzou, wanted them fired after last season
LOL why is Rolla relevant to anything? Only thing there other than Waffle House is the School of Mines and a good St. Pattys Party.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:59 am
LOL why is Rolla relevant to anything? Only thing there other than Waffle House is the School of Mines and a good St. Pattys Party.
lot's of high rolling Mizzou boosters live in or close to Rolla/Salem Mizzou...only about 25,000 people live there but there is lot's of money within those 25,000...not sure about any school of mines, but there is the Mizzou University fo Science and Technology located there, the "mines" school has been closed for some time.....all things considered, and depending on your location, Waffle House is fine cuisine...if it is good enought for Roy McAvoy, it is good enuff for me
Ruski
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:27 am
Ruski wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:59 am
lot's of high rolling Mizzou boosters live in or close to Rolla/Salem Mizzou...only about 25,000 people live there but there is lot's of money within those 25,000...not sure about any school of mines, but there is the Mizzou University fo Science and Technology located there, the "mines" school has been closed for some time.....all things considered, and depending on your location, Waffle House is fine cuisine...if it is good enought for Roy McAvoy, it is good enuff for me
No high rolling Mizzou boosters live in Rolla. They live in Chesterfield and Overland Park. I bet you there is more pull in Cook County than Rolla. Rolla is an amazing institution and great school for nerds who have one great party all year long. Those engineers move as far away from Rolla as possible as soon as their caps hit the graduation lawn. The University of Missouri system is ruled by CoMo, with it's coinpurse in STL/KC, and that's it.

Now back to Tulane recruiting........
dpm wave
Swell

Dante Wright has 4.3 speed. Navarre is Top 5 in one of the highest (6A) and poised to compete for the State Championship. Many feel he is the talent of the Panhandle that already has nearly a dozen SEC commits. Teammate Jordan Jefferson and Dante both want to go to med school and Tulane has offered Jordan as well and would be very lucky to get him. Dante is more than a "twitter commit." 3 TD's last night of 42-yd run along with 67 and 75 yd TD receptions.
On the night, 4 rec/179 yds.
https://twitter.com/jayrphillips/status ... 4506202114 https://twitter.com/jayrphillips/status ... 4494702592
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sure hope Wright sticks, as our overall recruiting numbers this year are concerning.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

This just in from high rolling Rolla...the King is in

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7416500/Korey-King
dpm wave
Swell

Another big night for Dante in the 1st round of the playoffs.
3 picks, 1 pick 6. 1 rushing TD. 1 receiving TD called back with holding on the OL.
http://twitter.com/EWall14/status/1061072846473052160 http://twitter.com/EWall14/status/1061098660656754689 http://twitter.com/jayrphillips/status/ ... 0751477761
nawlinspete
Riptide

Eugene Asante Offered today .

Other offers are Villanova and Georgetown .

Football , not basketball .

Draw your own conclusions....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
RobertM320
Green Wave

We have a recruiting thread. No reason to start a thread for every player offered.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Finally, a new commit. 3 star DB Levi Williams of Florida.

https://twitter.com/Grandad_4/status/10 ... 9085302784
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Hopefully he learns it's "THE Tulane University of Louisiana." It's NOT The University of Tulane. Tulane is, and will always be, the ONLY University of Louisiana. You cannot undo almost 200 years of history.