A PWO QB

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

played at a private school in metro Houston....

https://w.hudl.com/profile/1880414/Joshua-Holl

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:played at a private school in metro Houston....

Is he coming to Tulane as a PWO or are you making a suggestion, 'nut?

He certainly looks comfortable throwing outside of the pocket. A lot of his deep passes have a whole lot of air under them. Not sure they'd reach the receiver at the D1 level, too much speed in the secondary. But we could use the warm body at the position, no doubt.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:

He certainly looks comfortable throwing outside of the pocket. A lot of his deep passes have a whole lot of air under them. Not sure they'd reach the receiver at the D1 level, too much speed in the secondary. But we could use the warm body at the position, no doubt.
My friend in Houston say's he is enrolling at Tulane as a PWO.... His school plays in TAPPS which is the private / catholic schools athletic division in Texas ..they have produced some good players, Tulane has had a few from Strake Jesuit in DFW over the years...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:

For what its worth, he did throw for 51 TDs and over 3000yds, and he has a 30 ACT. You never know.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

For what its worth, he did throw for 51 TDs and over 3000yds, and he has a 30 ACT. You never know.
If he ever plays, you'd have to give him a schollie.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

If he ever plays, you'd have to give him a schollie.
I don't think that's accurate. If he is not on any other type of scholarship he doesn't have to get a football one if he plays.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If he's good enough to take snaps in a real game, he's earned a scholarship. Not necessarily on the spot, but definitely prior to the start of the next season. Otherwise you're doing what the NCAA is constantly accused of: exploiting the young man's talents to the benefit of the program, risking injury without just reward.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Maybe I misread your initial post. I took it to say you thought if a walk-on played at all he then had to be put on scholarship. Obviously if one plays a starters or regular role then they usually are rewarded with a scholarship.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
galvezwave
Swell

kid might end up thrown to the wolves in an emergency, (which I hope dosent happen) then absolutely explodes. Or at worst, an adequate insurance policy here for the education. At any rate, our back up situation won't be a secret and mr banks will be a target. Hope these kids are ready.