Down The Stretch

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Seems like the three scholarships left are targeting

TE - Brayden Willis
LB - Travon King
DE - JaQuon Griffin.

If we could land those this would be an incredible class.

Reading between the lines, if Lindsey Scott signs (and the possibility of landing Kirk Merritt with him), Fritz is prepared to make spots available.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Wave755 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:as reported by nola.com
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... bile_index
Nice article and it would appear the Lindsey Scott saga must end sometime in the next 10 days.

WF has our program now well positioned to head to the top of the AAC. This article confirms what most of us have thought that for the last near 20 years the only thing wrong with our football program was Scott Cowen.
Mizzou just announced the hiring of Derek Dooley as OC and QB coach. That seems to have gone over like a lead balloon with the Mizzou faithful. Expect Drew Lock to depart for the NFL, although I don't think he is ready.

As for Cowen, what a drag that phony was on the school not just for athletics, but for academics too. Supposedly he was a football player recruited by Lou Holtz to play football at UConn. I expect he was extremely soft....
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wavetrader wrote: As for Cowen, what a drag that phony was on the school not just for athletics, but for academics too. Supposedly he was a football player recruited by Lou Holtz to play football at UConn. I expect he was extremely soft....
Don't forget about the hidden $15-20 million per year operating loss that his administration rang up and covered up the last years he was the University President. It was so bad that the exact number couldn't be determined for months. I cannot believe he has any association with the University after that fiasco. And what's worse: more Alumni think he was a great President than not. Most are uninformed. Apathy is certainly something Tulane Alumni have about a lot of things Tulane.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Seems like the three scholarships left are targeting

TE - Brayden Willis
LB - Travon King
DE - JaQuon Griffin.

If we could land those this would be an incredible class.

Reading between the lines, if Lindsey Scott signs (and the possibility of landing Kirk Merritt with him), Fritz is prepared to make spots available.
Merritt might be the bigger get. He's an athletic freak! And once upon a time I guess he went to Newman....that'd be a nice signature
Eaglewave
Swell

Wavetrader wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
Nice article and it would appear the Lindsey Scott saga must end sometime in the next 10 days.

WF has our program now well positioned to head to the top of the AAC. This article confirms what most of us have thought that for the last near 20 years the only thing wrong with our football program was Scott Cowen.
Mizzou just announced the hiring of Derek Dooley as OC and QB coach. That seems to have gone over like a lead balloon with the Mizzou faithful. Expect Drew Lock to depart for the NFL, although I don't think he is ready.

As for Cowen, what a drag that phony was on the school not just for athletics, but for academics too. Supposedly he was a football player recruited by Lou Holtz to play football at UConn. I expect he was extremely soft....
I think Dooley will land another HC gig at a G5 program if he puts up some good numbers.
Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Hopefully they end up at Tulane.
I’d hate to have to change the name of this thread to
“Down The Drain”. :lol:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wavetrader wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

ya mean Lock is going to pass on having a year to learn under a former WR's Coach...I guess he must have gotten a call from Tanner (Mr potential) Lee...that posted I am not aware that Dooley has any experience in running any type of spread or pass read option offense, his to my memory has always been a "Pro Style" pocket type QB system
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !