Christian Daniels (QB Commit)

Talk about the latest recruits here.
CatchtheWave
Trickle

He posted his senior highlights. I'm truly impressed with his ability to throw and run. Good pickup for us.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6320590/5a ... 0ee8076c00

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Welcome to the board, Mr. Daniels! Welcome to the Tulane family, Christian.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Dupergreenie
Surge

CatchtheWave wrote:He posted his senior highlights. I'm truly impressed with his ability to throw and run. Good pickup for us.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6320590/5a ... 0ee8076c00
I talked to coach about him.... well indirectly ;) ;) and he said that this guy can at anywhere on the field. A real good athlete..... said that if ;) ;) he signs early with us ;) that he should make a real impact for us.
Dupergreenie
Surge

Oh wait..... he may not win the heisman his first year so according to most in this board that means he is trash and we shouldn't sign him.
Dave breslin
Swell

Impressive highlights. I believe this man will be the real deal. Haven’t been this optimistic in a long long time.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Welcome!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Stop the Madness !!! Tulane cannot sign him....he is Left Handed !!!!...but he does remind me of someone...good feet, better than average speed...elusive...nice arm, no matter the rotation of the ball and all of that other krap....GAWD help us, the "blind side will never be the same !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

My God, that was just for one year, his senior year? :o What a highlight reel!

Way to go WF!!! :2thumbs:
galvezwave
Swell

Wave755 wrote:My God, that was just for one year, his senior year? :o What a highlight reel!

Way to go WF!!! :2thumbs:
That video is crazy. Pretty accurate under pressure. Good speed but can run with power too. Throws well even rolling to his right. Exciting player.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Dupergreenie wrote:Oh wait..... he may not win the heisman his first year so according to most in this board that means he is trash and we shouldn't sign him.
The above post stinks. Unfair to a lot of folks.

Welcome aboard young man.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Christmas is coming early for us! Welcome Mr. Daniels!

24/7 has him listed at a 3 star

https://247sports.com/player/christian-daniels-46041670

ESPN has a NR

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/foot ... an-daniels

Here's his maxpreps stats

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/christi ... efault.htm

Looks like a great grab especially his hudl highlight reels. Might be a perfect heir apparent at QB... recruiting is picking up! Happy Monday ROLL DAMN WAVE!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Finally had time to watch the highlight reel. Impressive. Wonder what class his HS plays in, as the opposition seemed small. Or is it that Daniels is just big (and fast?) He'll need to learn that a lot of the lolipop passes that were completions in HS will be picked off playing D1 football. But I was impressed to see he can throw with a lot of zip (and less arc) both in the pocket and on the run. He has a lot of talent, and some things, like speed, that you cannot coach up. He looks like a player that does his homework and knows when the play is not there to tuck it and run. Quite an athlete, I hope he's the heir apparent to Banks.

And I could care less if he throws left handed. That talk was a bunch of mountains out of mole hills bs.
GreenLantern
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:And I could care less if he throws left handed. That talk was a bunch of mountains out of mole hills bs.
Playing left handed can really handicap a passing QB. Ken Stabler might have made something of himself if hadn’t been a lefty. Perhaps he could have won a Super Bowl or had a chance for the Hall of Fame if he hadn’t had to deal with that reverse spin on his passes... oh wait...
galvezwave
Swell

Steve young was pretty bad too
Dupergreenie
Surge

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Dupergreenie wrote:Oh wait..... he may not win the heisman his first year so according to most in this board that means he is trash and we shouldn't sign him.
The above post stinks. Unfair to a lot of folks.

Welcome aboard young man.
A lot of people on this board p!$$ on anything that Tulane does. This is a dig at those people and not the player. If you are one that is always negative this post was for you as well..... You don't like it... tough.
ajcalhoun
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wonder what class his HS plays in, as the opposition seemed small.
I wondered the same thing so I looked it up. His school plays in 3A, which seems to be the third highest of classifications in North Carorlina. It's a little strange. Their highest is 4A, then something called 4A/3A, then 3A.
God Bless Everyone!
Ruski
Swell

A freshman dual threat left handed QB just stepped into the ESPN invitational finale and changed the entire game...

Got me excited for Mr. Daniels!!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote:A freshman dual threat left handed QB just stepped into the ESPN invitational finale and changed the entire game...

GO LEFTIES !!!!...and something interesting happened, when the left handed Bama QB threw the ball....the receivers actually caught it !!!..Amazin'
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote:A freshman dual threat left handed QB just stepped into the ESPN invitational finale and changed the entire game...

Is Mr. Daniels the QB that played in the ESPN Invitational? I have no idea what the ESPN Invitational is! I thought perhaps you were talking about the MNC game last night, but the timing of the post leads me to believe you're talking about something else. Please clarify, thanks!
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:

Is Mr. Daniels the QB that played in the ESPN Invitational? I have no idea what the ESPN Invitational is! I thought perhaps you were talking about the MNC game last night, but the timing of the post leads me to believe you're talking about something else. Please clarify, thanks!
ESPN Invititational = MNC =/= NC , since there is no officially sponsored NCAA championship awarded in FBS football.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Just re-watched the end of the MNC game from last night (Ok, I admit, I was dozing at the end, it was a difficult day at the hospital followed by a 3 hour drive that turned into a 5 hour drive by freezing rain.) There was zero mention of any adjustments the receivers had to make when a lefty QB came into the game. I'm wondering if playing the true freshman, whom hadn't taken a snap all season (unless I misunderstood the announcers) killed his red shirt year this year?
ajcalhoun
Swell

DfromCT wrote:I'm wondering if playing the true freshman, whom hadn't taken a snap all season (unless I misunderstood the announcers) killed his red shirt year this year?
It won't make any difference. He's going to declare for the NFL Draft after his third year no matter how much eligibilty he has left.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It definitely takes his RS away for this year. Can't play late in the season.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

Better question is, what happens to Jalen Hurts?

Only way he makes it to Tulane is with a million dollar check from a non-existent donor.

He would look damned good at USF or Memphis though! I bet if transfers anywhere he ends up at FSU or A&M though.
greenphantom
Swell

DfromCT wrote:Just re-watched the end of the MNC game from last night (Ok, I admit, I was dozing at the end, it was a difficult day at the hospital followed by a 3 hour drive that turned into a 5 hour drive by freezing rain.) There was zero mention of any adjustments the receivers had to make when a lefty QB came into the game. I'm wondering if playing the true freshman, whom hadn't taken a snap all season (unless I misunderstood the announcers) killed his red shirt year this year?
You misunderstood. He had played in spot duty during the season. I read an article yesterday how he threw a Pick 6 vs Tennessee.