MBB lands best recruit since Honeycutt

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I am equally sceptical we can hold on to him and excited that he “committed”.

Also this 4 star, highest rated recruit stuff is nonsense especially given he’s a junior and we have had several other 4 stars.

Nobal Days was a top 100 recruit and “scout” 4 star recruit when he was a junior too. Later he was downgraded. So this seems silly

greenphantom
Swell

Wow. We get a Top 100 commit and all people can do is bitch and moan that the kid isn’t any good and that he likely won’t end up actually signing here anyway. Jeez.
netshorty
Surge

greenphantom wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:56 pm Wow. We get a Top 100 commit and all people can do is bitch and moan that the kid isn’t any good and that he likely won’t end up actually signing here anyway. Jeez.
yep. with the program in its current state and overwhelming evidence that Dunleavy will never be a winner here, any news that potentially prolongs his tenure here will meet with resistance. Kids will be called overrated or only softly committed. I have no idea how good the kid is but my concern is that he's a package deal with MD being our coach. And if that's the case this really isn't good news.
anEngineer
Riptide

greenphantom wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:56 pm Wow. We get a Top 100 commit and all people can do is bitch and moan that the kid isn’t any good and that he likely won’t end up actually signing here anyway. Jeez.
There are 6-8 users on this site that are hard to ignore because they comment about EVERYTHING and insult people who disagree with them. They largely have very little idea what they are talking about except that Tulane does it wrong. I suspect a couple are actually Tulane-hating moles. You have to look at many of their comments as dead space and just move on. Their defense is that they are the voices of reality but they are actually of little productive value.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Skeptisicm after the first 3 years of results for a non binding commit in 2 years doesn’t seem unwarranted.
MicMan
Swell

Personally, I'm skeptical of anyone who can't spell "skeptical". lol
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

MicMan wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:28 am Personally, I'm skeptical of anyone who can't spell "skeptical". lol
Good one. You truly are a colossal intellect. I post on my phone and typos happen. So are you going to speak to the content and substance of the commentary or just make juvenile spelling jokes ?
WavyHoops
High Tide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:12 pm Skeptisicm after the first 3 years of results for a non binding commit in 2 years doesn’t seem unwarranted.
A current season record of 4-14 and 0-6 in conference
+
Losses to the likes of Alabama A&M, Southeastern and Towson
+
Double digit home losses in every conference game
+
NET of 309 and RPI of 291
+
A conference record of 5-13 (10th/12) with a team that had two NBA-level players
=
Folks can say whatever they damn well please
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

WavyHoops wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:50 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:12 pm Skeptisicm after the first 3 years of results for a non binding commit in 2 years doesn’t seem unwarranted.
A current season record of 4-14 and 0-6 in conference
+
Losses to the likes of Alabama A&M, Southeastern and Towson
+
Double digit home losses in every conference game
+
NET of 309 and RPI of 291
+
A conference record of 5-13 (10th/12) with a team that had two NBA-level players
=
Folks can say whatever they damn well please
And it should be read and understood by the Director of Athletics that the number of posts calling for Dunleavy's job out number the fans at the home games. We cannot continue with this staff.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

And , dfromstorrs , how many games have you attended in the Dunleavy era ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

CBS Sports reports . Woods has already been offered .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:56 am The title of the thread is misleading. We haven’t landed him yet. At this point it’s a verbal commitment. We’ll only know on signing day if we’ve “landed” him.
Definitely MD’s highest profile commitment to date. Is he a PG or a Small Foward 6’5” as Guerry mentioned in his article?
Like others have said until his signs on the dotted line I’m staying cautious. If he’s that good I would expect his recruitment to continue.
Bump
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
WavyHoops
High Tide

His de-committing is less surprising than his commitment.

I do hope this year's key contributors stick around. I suspect we won't know until after the new coach is named.
JerseyWave
Riptide

WavyHoops wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:42 am His de-committing is less surprising than his commitment.

I do hope this year's key contributors stick around. I suspect we won't know until after the new coach is named.
Other than Daniels, who was a key contributor?
WavyHoops
High Tide

JerseyWave wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:30 pm
WavyHoops wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:42 am His de-committing is less surprising than his commitment.

Other than Daniels, who was a key contributor?
I think Sehic, Woods and Crabtree can be solid role-players. Way too much was asked of them.