Football Recruiting 2018

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:We agree that it doesn't matter how far you can kick it if your kicks are blocked. Last time I looked typical FBS players are faster than typical California HS players, so yes the game will speed up for him next year if he signs with Tulane.
good thing all of those PAC 12 Punters come from the Southeastern part of these here United States !!!

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

Rivals now has us at no. 71 with 8 three star recruits. It's been a long time since Rivals has had us with 8 three star recruits. Hopefully with 19 committed there will be a few more 3 stars to come.

https://tulane.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: good thing all of those PAC 12 Punters come from the Southeastern part of these here United States !!!

Woody, who are you referring to?

Oregon- Punter is from Hawaii
UCLA- Punter is from Cali
USC- Punter is from Australia (which dominates PAC 12 kicking)
Cal- Punter is from Australia
Arizona- Punter is from AZ
Arizona State- Punter is from Australia
Washington State- Punter is from Washington
U of Washington- Punter is from Australia
Oregon State- Punter is from Australia
Stanford- Punter is from Cali
Utah- Punter is from Utah
Colorado- Punter is from Colorado

I know one of the Aussie punters kicked at UL-L for a few years, but he's still an Aussie. I'm curious who you were referring to, as you generally don't post fiction.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote: good thing all of those PAC 12 Punters come from the Southeastern part of these here United States !!!

I know one of the Aussie punters kicked at UL-L for a few years, but he's still an Aussie. I'm curious who you were referring to, as you generally don't post fiction.
I think he misunderstood lurkers comment to mean that HS players from the Southeast are faster than California HS players, when actually he said FBS players are faster.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

I think he misunderstood lurkers comment to mean that HS players from the Southeast are faster than California HS players, when actually he said FBS players are faster.
I consider Woody a friend, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But his quote was:
good thing all of those PAC 12 Punters come from the Southeastern part of these here United States !!!
Most of the punters in the PAC 12 are from California or Australia. Maybe I misunderstood something. And damn, it's a slow sports day (and I'm fighting a cold, so I cannot see my sons) which leads to debating facts that really mean very little in the scheme of things!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
lurker123
Swell

Guys, I'm just saying FBS players are faster than California HS players so game speeds up for everyone at all positions and plays. Everyone and everything is faster, better, stronger, harder and tougher. I'm confident Wright will be coached up to improve addressing Win's point as will all other incoming frosh. Who wants to return to ST disasters of the past?

All other stuff may be true too about where kickers are from and whose HS athletes are more talented. I don't have a dog in that debate.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

D-I love golfnut but it was once again one of his failed attempts at humor.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Robert1969
Riptide

247 has us at #4 in the American and 65th in the country. Coach Willie Fritz is killing it! Tbis is far and away our best class in a very looooooong time.
Wave755
Tsunami

Robert1969 wrote:247 has us at #4 in the American and 65th in the country. Coach Willie Fritz is killing it! Tbis is far and away our best class in a very looooooong time.
Rivals now has us up to no. 71 with 8 three stars recruits. Our best Rivals showing in decades.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:D-I love golfnut but it was once again one of his failed attempts at humor.

guys no big deal...there is speed in very region of the US..I am sure he will receive the proper coaching to make sure he kicks the ball in X number of milliseconds....provided the ball is snapped with proper minimum velocity to complete the task
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Down to the final 3 for this guy.
https://twitter.com/kdm_6/status/940370208870543366
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Ruski
Swell

Top 25 G5 recruiting classes right now (Tulane #7):

Updated CFB G5 T25 Recruiting rankings
41-Cincy
58-USF
59-BYU
60-WMU
62-Houston
63-Boise St
64-Tulane
67-WKU
70-Toledo
71-Temple
73-NIU
74-UCF
76-SMU
77-LA Tech
78-Navy
79-ECU
80-UTSA
81-CSU
82-Memphis
83-Southern miss
84-App St
85-Nevada
86-Bowling Green
87-Army
88-Arkansas St
RobertM320
Green Wave

7 of the top 13 are AAC.
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:7 of the top 13 are AAC.
Tweener #P6
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Our number of recruits puts us over UCF but their avg is higher so they will pass us on the next player or two they get committed.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Our number of recruits puts us over UCF but their avg is higher so they will pass us on the next player or two they get committed.
I could be wrong but let's see who UCF actually signs with coaching change. I think the better comparable measure with them will be after February 2018 and not commitments.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Lurker posted those on the other site:

"Look the most frequent poster on the other board has been relentlessly driving a narrative that Wright is too slow a punter and starting a needless brush fire here. It's consistent with their theme of always finding the lump of coal in the stocking. Joys of anonymous internet.

Facts only here: Tulane has a commitment from an athletic punter (he's a starting QB on the side) who is 6'3"/240 lbs. That's a lot of mass to drive the ball with the right technique. Like every other potential signee, he will be coached up at Tulane. I'm confident that he will improve under this staff.

You can't teach size and talent. I'm glad Tulane found this guy and didn't have to go to the South Pacific. Maybe in a couple of years as noted above, we'll have a punting team that is a field position changer whether he goes to rugby practice or not".

If only you had your facts right. First off the most prolific poster would be tps. :mrgreen: Secondly I didn't post relentlessly on Wright. I posted he was slow in his drop and his footwork. You responded to a poster on the other site that also noticed him taking an extra step. His issues are on the film for all to see. We've signed one bad kicker after another and there are clear red flags about this one. But being the thin skinned ninny you are you can't take someone posting about such obvious issues b/c it upsets your little world. The fact is that after my post on my initial observations all my other post have been in response to you insisting that we can't point out obvious faults with a recruit.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Lurker posted those on the other site:

"Look the most frequent poster on the other board has been relentlessly driving a narrative that Wright is too slow a punter and starting a needless brush fire here. It's consistent with their theme of always finding the lump of coal in the stocking. Joys of anonymous internet.

Facts only here: Tulane has a commitment from an athletic punter (he's a starting QB on the side) who is 6'3"/240 lbs. That's a lot of mass to drive the ball with the right technique. Like every other potential signee, he will be coached up at Tulane. I'm confident that he will improve under this staff.

You can't teach size and talent. I'm glad Tulane found this guy and didn't have to go to the South Pacific. Maybe in a couple of years as noted above, we'll have a punting team that is a field position changer whether he goes to rugby practice or not".

If only you had your facts right. First off the most prolific poster would be tps. :mrgreen: Secondly I didn't post relentlessly on Wright. I posted he was slow in his drop and his footwork. You responded to a poster on the other site that also noticed him taking an extra step. His issues are on the film for all to see. We've signed one bad kicker after another and there are clear red flags about this one. But being the thin skinned ninny you are you can't take someone posting about such obvious issues b/c it upsets your little world. The fact is that after my post on my initial observations all my other post have been in response to you insisting that we can't point out obvious faults with a recruit.
Whew. Thanks for having my back winwave! Busy lately.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No problem. always wiling to help. Slow down and enjoy the holiday's.
RobertM320
Green Wave

This is interesting. He's visiting here this weekend and this just popped up on his Twitter feed.
https://twitter.com/Tate1DaGreat/status ... 3574978560
Last edited by RobertM320 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Look at our commit Amare Jones doing the sales job on Damien Tate! Its his response to the tweet Tate made about decommiting.
https://twitter.com/yaboymauryy/status/ ... 6909808641
greenphantom
Swell

winwave wrote:No problem. always wiling to help. Slow down and enjoy the holiday's.
I’m getting flashbacks to pages 12,
25, 34, 44-75, 88 and 102 from the Tanner Lee thread.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wait till you get to page 232.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Surprised not to hear anything today from any of the visitors. May be a good thing since several were commits to other schools. They've got 3 days to think on it.
tufinal4
High Tide

Several regulars here have good connections, I can't imagine no news is good news. Recruit visit weekends don't normally result in just something to think about or ponder. We had a lot of kids visit, and only one commit.