Early Signing

DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby DfromCT » Wed May 17, 2017 4:23 pm

chain gang x man wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:Josh Bates HS pitcher
16Ks had come out of the game due to pitch count so not able to go for 17 to tie record
https://twitter.com/tmehlich/status/864693684868182016


Their coach is practically begging someone to pick up uncommitted, 2017 OF Seth Martin. He's got some pop off the bat, and the coach thinks he's a great kid. Do we have Josh Bates committed? If not, maybe a coach could scout both next time Bates pitches.

Josh signed his NLI in November


Thanks. I still think we should consider Seth Martin, unless we have no schollie money available.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby chain gang x man » Sun May 21, 2017 10:59 am

DfromCT wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:Josh Bates HS pitcher
16Ks had come out of the game due to pitch count so not able to go for 17 to tie record
https://twitter.com/tmehlich/status/864693684868182016


Their coach is practically begging someone to pick up uncommitted, 2017 OF Seth Martin. He's got some pop off the bat, and the coach thinks he's a great kid. Do we have Josh Bates committed? If not, maybe a coach could scout both next time Bates pitches.

Josh signed his NLI in November


Thanks. I still think we should consider Seth Martin, unless we have no schollie money available.

JUCO signee Acy Owens hits HR to tie game for Hinds CC
Hinds moves onto JUCO World Series



User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby chain gang x man » Sun May 21, 2017 8:33 pm

Clip on HS signee Josh Bates
90 MPH fastball
https://twitter.com/prospectwire/status ... 9959164928



User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby chain gang x man » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:40 pm

2018 signees Eathan Groff SS from Trinity Prep
https://twitter.com/ethangroff12/status ... 6643677184



User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby chain gang x man » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:41 am

Baseball signee pitcher Forrest Webber undergoes surgery
https://twitter.com/12carsonhall/status ... 4057627648



User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2502
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby Show Me » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:21 pm

chain gang x man wrote:Baseball signee pitcher Forrest Webber undergoes surgery
https://twitter.com/12carsonhall/status ... 4057627648

Hopefully he didn't take away any scholarship money from someone else. Can't afford to pay someone to sit out.



User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby chain gang x man » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Baseball signee Justin Campbell throws complete game shutout for state championship

https://twitter.com/pbrmichigan/status/ ... 7821431808



User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby chain gang x man » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:16 am

David Bedgood player of the year
2017 All-Texomaland Baseball


By Herald Democrat
Posted at 12:01 AM
Here is the All-Texomaland Baseball Team for the 2017 season:

Player of the Year — David Bedgood, Sr., Sherman.



User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby chain gang x man » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:49 pm

We would also like to congratulate Tulane commit @jcampbell_40 on a great year. Threw a shoutout in state championship game. 11-1, 0.60 ERA
Left hand pitcher



User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby chain gang x man » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:43 am

Here is the stats on our 26th signee Riley Richert
Drafted by the Dodgers in the 36th round, one round before Corey
Attended Howard College, teammate of Brandon Fraley
May have been injured, didn't pitch until May
Only had 7 appearances 1-1 record

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2016-17 ... ichertkb6k

Riley Richert has signed with the Dodgers.
He was one of the many JUCO guys committed to Tulane.



User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby chain gang x man » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:38 am

chain gang x man wrote:Here is the stats on our 26th signee Riley Richert
Drafted by the Dodgers in the 36th round, one round before Corey
Attended Howard College, teammate of Brandon Fraley
May have been injured, didn't pitch until May
Only had 7 appearances 1-1 record

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2016-17 ... ichertkb6k

Riley Richert has signed with the Dodgers.
He was one of the many JUCO guys committed to Tulane.



DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby DfromCT » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:45 am

chain gang x man wrote:Here is the stats on our 26th signee Riley Richert
Drafted by the Dodgers in the 36th round, one round before Corey
Attended Howard College, teammate of Brandon Fraley
May have been injured, didn't pitch until May
Only had 7 appearances 1-1 record

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2016-17 ... ichertkb6k

Riley Richert has signed with the Dodgers.
He was one of the many JUCO guys committed to Tulane.


Good for him. Never a Greenie, but we'll wish him the best. Next up...step up.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16467
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby tpstulane » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:12 am

DfromCT wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:Here is the stats on our 26th signee Riley Richert
Drafted by the Dodgers in the 36th round, one round before Corey
Attended Howard College, teammate of Brandon Fraley
May have been injured, didn't pitch until May
Only had 7 appearances 1-1 record

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2016-17 ... ichertkb6k

Riley Richert has signed with the Dodgers.
He was one of the many JUCO guys committed to Tulane.


Good for him. Never a Greenie, but we'll wish him the best. Next up...step up.

Better to see a signing then not being admitted.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby DfromCT » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:45 pm

tpstulane wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:Here is the stats on our 26th signee Riley Richert
Drafted by the Dodgers in the 36th round, one round before Corey
Attended Howard College, teammate of Brandon Fraley
May have been injured, didn't pitch until May
Only had 7 appearances 1-1 record

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2016-17 ... ichertkb6k

Riley Richert has signed with the Dodgers.
He was one of the many JUCO guys committed to Tulane.


Good for him. Never a Greenie, but we'll wish him the best. Next up...step up.

Better to see a signing then not being admitted.


Agreed, and I sincerely wish the young man all the best.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby chain gang x man » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:14 pm

As many as 5 JUCO recruits have been denied admission



Profoundwizard
Surge
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby Profoundwizard » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:21 pm

chain gang x man wrote:As many as 5 JUCO recruits have been denied admission


Do you have the names?
I have a bad feeling that Caden Doga is one



RollWaveRoll
Low Tide
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:21 am
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby RollWaveRoll » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:02 pm

chain gang x man wrote:As many as 5 JUCO recruits have been denied admission



Dang, this is ridiculous....Time for Troy Dannen to quit making excuses and actually better our program and help our coaches out. things have got to change. Everyone saw this coming ....everyone but troy. He probably didn't even tell jewett.



Profoundwizard
Surge
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby Profoundwizard » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:53 pm

RollWaveRoll wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:As many as 5 JUCO recruits have been denied admission



Dang, this is ridiculous....Time for Troy Dannen to quit making excuses and actually better our program and help our coaches out. things have got to change. Everyone saw this coming ....everyone but troy. He probably didn't even tell jewett.


If everyone saw it coming, Jewett should have too.



RollWaveRoll
Low Tide
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:21 am
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby RollWaveRoll » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:55 pm

Profoundwizard wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:As many as 5 JUCO recruits have been denied admission



Dang, this is ridiculous....Time for Troy Dannen to quit making excuses and actually better our program and help our coaches out. things have got to change. Everyone saw this coming ....everyone but troy. He probably didn't even tell jewett.


If everyone saw it coming, Jewett should have too.


How would he have known, he just got here. His leadership should've told him. Are you new to the program? Rick jones complained about this for years.



Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby Jaxwave » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:07 pm

This is what I was referring to about a week ago when asked what it would take for me to support Tulane athletics again. I said allowing the coaches to recruit to the same standard as everybody else. Until that happens, Tulane athletics will remain in the dumps in the major sports. It is hard to compete when the playing field is not level in recruiting. Why waste your money in support when the administration doesn't give the coaches the support o rtf they need to win. It's throwing money away.



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10502
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby winwave » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Jewett knew it. It was the whole reason the list of recruits was never put out. He said publicly multiple times that the list would come out once he knew who was admitted.


It's the facilities stupid!

DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby DfromCT » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:50 am

Jaxwave wrote:This is what I was referring to about a week ago when asked what it would take for me to support Tulane athletics again. I said allowing the coaches to recruit to the same standard as everybody else. Until that happens, Tulane athletics will remain in the dumps in the major sports. It is hard to compete when the playing field is not level in recruiting. Why waste your money in support when the administration doesn't give the coaches the support o rtf they need to win. It's throwing money away.


At many, if not most Universities, there's issues transferring credits from Junior College to the University. I know of three kids that are local to me that ran into issues like this. One was at football powerhouse Marist College. The other two were at UConn, after spending a year at a JUCO that is part of the University of Connecticut system. The particular JUCO these two attended and had credit transfer issues with had already undergone transformation of it's academics so that families that cannot afford to send their kids to four years of college could have the first two at an affordable community college and still graduate in four years from an accredited University. (Footnote: one of these two was set to go to with a full ride to East Carolina, but visited a friend in San Diego and never came back to the East Coast. He's going to San Diego State now, having earned his scholarship after being a walk on.)

This is not a problem that is unique to Tulane.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16467
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby tpstulane » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Here's what hurts a high tuition private solid academic school like Tulane. The transfer rule changed.
The rule requires 48 transferable hours by junior year for a JC to be eligible. It used to be 48 hours by Spring of Junior year. So you had Summer and Fall to get them eligible. However you now need 48 hours by Fall semester. The big problem is that Tulane is strict about what credits they accept. Example: A player passes 70 hrs in two years of JC but Tulane only accepts 30. Before you had summer school and fall semester to get them to 48 and be eligible now they have to have the 48 hrs when fall semester starts or they are ineligible. Most of the schools we compete against will give them credit for most of the hours they take. That just makes it more difficult to get JC players. And the tuition is too high to pay while sitting out waiting a year to become eligible.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

posse
Low Tide
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:59 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby posse » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:58 pm

chain gang x man wrote:
As many as 5 JUCO recruits have been denied admission


STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH.....

"Don’t let facts get in the way of a good rumor. No JUCO baseball players have been denied admission. One was originally denied, then later admitted. All others have been admitted".



User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Early Signing

Postby chain gang x man » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:27 pm

posse wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:
As many as 5 JUCO recruits have been denied admission


STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH.....

"Don’t let facts get in the way of a good rumor. No JUCO baseball players have been denied admission. One was originally denied, then later admitted. All others have been admitted".


We may never know how many were denied admission because we have never had an official list of recruits
It's somewhere between 23 and 26
So however many JUCOS enroll for the fall semester it can be said this is all that we had
Tulane has historically been hard on accepting credits from JUCO
We may have to agree to disagree but I stand by my source
Again if the list of recruits would have been released in November like coaches in the past this would not be an issue



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests