RIP Mr. Don Schell

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Mr. Don Schell passed away peacefully today at the age of 94. He was a great alum, friend and mentor to all that knew him. Mr. Don spent the better part of 20 years in the dugout with Coach Rick Jones for which whom he shared so many great memories. Coach spoke weekly with Mr. Don until he fell ill last week. Fortunately he rallied long enough yesterday to speak to him one last time. His son relayed that his dad had a big smile on his face before he regressed until passing this morning. He was a great representative of Tulane University and will be missed by all especially the former coaches, players, grounds crew members and fans that got to know him so well over the years. He meant a great deal to Tulane baseball.

Rest In Peace Mr. Don.

Arrangements as follows:
Monday, Sept 25, St. Francis of Assisi 631 State St New Orleans. Visitation will be from 10am-12noon followed by Mass and a graveside service for the family.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

He would sing the Alma Mater at football games in a voice so sweet and strong that it would bring tears to my eyes. RIP.
Bearwave
High Tide

Sorry to hear that. It was a privilege getting to know Mr. Don all those years with the Grounds Krewe. He was extremely knowledgeable about the game and just life in general and I always enjoyed talking with him. He will be missed.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I never had the honor of meeting Mr Schell, but he is now in my prayers...may you rest in peace sir
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981