2017 Hall of Fame Class

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TPS...Will Steve Martin be inducted into the Hall, or just receiving the Slatten Award ?...If Steve is not to be inducted, this is a travesty by Tulane, and in some ways the SEC !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:TPS...Will Steve Martin be inducted into the Hall, or just receiving the Slatten Award ?...If Steve is not to be inducted, this is a travesty by Tulane, and in some ways the SEC !!!
As far as I know the Slatten Award. That is usually reserved for non Tulane people. (Media, admins etc). I don't know about his on the field achievements. Perhaps they were not HOF numbers.
During his varsity career, he played in 61 career games and was a career .230 hitter with five home runs, 15 RBI and was a perfect 4-of-4 on stolen base attempts. He was coached by Ben Abadie and Milt Retif during his career.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:TPS...Will Steve Martin be inducted into the Hall, or just receiving the Slatten Award ?...If Steve is not to be inducted, this is a travesty by Tulane, and in some ways the SEC !!!
As far as I know the Slatten Award. That is usually reserved for non Tulane people. (Media, admins etc). I don't know about his on the field achievements. Perhaps they were not HOF numbers.
During his varsity career, he played in 61 career games and was a career .230 hitter with five home runs, 15 RBI and was a perfect 4-of-4 on stolen base attempts. He was coached by Ben Abadie and Milt Retif during his career.
Steve Martin is a great guy and well deserving of any and all recognition. However his stats are blah so I understand this award and not HOF.* A teammate told me what games at Alabama were like for him. Think "42." He handled it with grace and is a credit to Tulane. Glad those days are long past.

HOF shouldn't be a participation trophy but Tulane's tendency now to recognize the Katrina athletes and the 1970 football team are certainly making it seem that way. I know we have easier grading in college but this is like every student in class receiving a Gentleman's A.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Steve Martin is a great guy and well deserving of any and all recognition. However his stats are blah so I understand this award and not HOF.* A teammate told me what games at Alabama were like for him. Think "42." He handled it with grace and is a credit to Tulane. Glad those days are long past.

HOF shouldn't be a participation trophy but Tulane's tendency now to recognize the Katrina athletes and the 1970 football team are certainly making it seem that way. I know we have easier grading in college but this is like every student in class receiving a Gentleman's A.
Lurker...U just made my point !!! "Bama, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, LSU, Auburn....sometimes "stats" do not give the complete story of the accomplishment....what Steve endured, the Class and Courage he showed while representing Tulane between the lines are HOF quality !!!!.. I was lucky enough to play in some of the summer leagues with Steve, and to this day I consider it an honor to have been his teammate...The Slatten award is well deserved, but the right thing to do is to have him inducted into the HOF...what the Katrina Athletes dealt with, pale to what Steve Martin endured ...TULANE...GROW A PAIR, DO THE RIGHT THING AND INDUCT THIS MAN....NOW
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !