JP France

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:Crickets from winwave I see.
Glad to know I am always on your mind. He doesn't play for Tulane anymore. I don't care about anyone else's program. Grow up.
Well he was apart of this program. No thoughts on how this effects us? Is this good or bad for Tulane?
We knew he was gone a month ago. Tulane recruited figuring he was gone. We won't know till next June if it was good or bad for Tulane. Glad to know my opinion is so important to you.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Just wanted to see how you'd try to spin this. Of course it's not a good thing. We couldn't hang onto a weekend starter, he'd help us win games.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like I said we all knew that a month ago. It's old news that's already been hashed out.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

I think it's a bit worse now that we know that he still wants to play college baseball. If he wanted to go pro or get started on the real world then there's not much you can do about that.
DrBox
Riptide

Profoundwizard wrote:Just wanted to see how you'd try to spin this. Of course it's not a good thing. We couldn't hang onto a weekend starter, he'd help us win games.
What spin?
Practically the entire senior class checked out 4 months ago. This is no surprise. And I don't like that Cannizaro (whom I wanted Tulane to hire) and Gautreau taking our player.
I have zero confidence in Jewett, but let's not forget that people were sniping at Pierce when he was here, despite the fact that he was winning. Now that we are losing, it's been a volcanic eruption.
And that's what's annoying. At Tulane, winning isn't even good enough...it has to be done with their guy. Half of what is read here, at its core, is still sour grapes about Rick Jones.
The page has to be turned. I now see clearly why Dannen couldn't go back. I just wish he had made a better choice.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Who was sniping at Pierce? I must have missed that. I'm probably seen as the biggest Jewett critic. I had nothing bad to say about Pierce.

I also reject the idea that the senior class checked out 4 months ago. They could have checked out after the 3-12 start. Fought back from it.
DrBox
Riptide

much of the talk isn't a criticism of Jewett as it is an ode to Cannizaro. And now Gautreau. Who was our coach, lest we forget, with similar results as ahem, ahem.
Profoundwizard
Swell

I think you're off tonight Drbox. I don't recall any sniping at Pierce, there was some of Allen because people love to complain about strikeouts but as far as I recall everyone thought Pierce was doing a great job.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:I hope Colletti comes back I noticed he's not playing Summer ball.
Wow for somebody that supposedly folows the program so closely you don't even know he's done eligibility wise. :roll:
He's able to play one more year if he wants. In 2014 at UCONN he made only three appearances before a shoulder injury ended his season. He was eligible for a medical redshirt.
Show Me
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:much of the talk isn't a criticism of Jewett as it is an ode to Cannizaro. And now Gautreau. Who was our coach, lest we forget, with similar results as ahem, ahem.
Dr you're wrong on this. Had Jewett got us to the regionals as we all expected you wouldn't have heard a peep from anyone. It's only magnified now with his failure and the success Cannizaro has experienced in only his first year as HC as well. No one ever criticized David Pierce. He proved himself right out of the gate and is continuing to do the same at Texas. Jewett bringing back this pitching coach was a mistake.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:I hope Colletti comes back I noticed he's not playing Summer ball.
Wow for somebody that supposedly folows the program so closely you don't even know he's done eligibility wise. :roll:
He's able to play one more year if he wants. In 2014 at UCONN he made only three appearances before a shoulder injury ended his season. He was eligible for a medical redshirt.
He got his redshirt for that year. He was a 5th year senior and has no eligibility left. Players get hurt all the time and they don't get a medical redshirt to get a 6th year. He got hurt and redshirted. He does not qualify for a medical redshirt. What you are saying would mean that France has two years of eligibility left but he doesn't.

I'll tell you who might qualify for a medical RS is Montalbano. He already had a RS and then suffered his horrific injury probably early enough to seek one. They are not easy to get but I would love to see him try. I know he wouldn't come back here. His father has made that clear but I would love to see him finish on a high note in his career.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
He got his redshirt for that year. He was a 5th year senior and has no eligibility left. Players get hurt all the time and they don't get a medical redshirt to get a 6th year. He got hurt and redshirted. He does not qualify for a medical redshirt. What you are saying would mean that France has two years of eligibility left but he doesn't.
Technically you are eligible to play 4 seasons in a 6 year span should you seek and get NCAA approval. Colletti not only was injured but also had a coaching change. See Tanner Lee. JP has already played 3 seasons therefore he has only one year of playing eligibility left.
Last edited by Show Me on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
Technically you are eligible to play 4 seasons in a 6 year span if you seek and get NCAA approval. Colletti not only was injured but also had a coaching change. See Tanner Lee. JP has only played 3 seasons. He has only one year of eligibility left.
You have 5 to play 4. The 6th year is extremely rare. His situation doesn't qualify him at all. He has played 4 years. He played at a JUCO one year. UCONN one year and Tulane two years. The coaching change doesn't apply either. He would have had to transfer before this year and seek it based on that. Wouldn't have gotten it though. A lot harder in baseball to show you didn't fit the new coaches system. The bottom line is you are mistaken. Colletti is done and has no chance for a 6th year.
As for JP that was my point.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
Technically you are eligible to play 4 seasons in a 6 year span if you seek and get NCAA approval. Colletti not only was injured but also had a coaching change. See Tanner Lee. JP has only played 3 seasons. He has only one year of eligibility left.
You have 5 to play 4. The 6th year is extremely rare. His situation doesn't qualify him at all. The coaching change doesn't apply either. He would have had to transfer before this year and seek it based on that. Wouldn't have gotten it though. a lot harder in baseball to show you didn't fit the new coaches system. The bottom line is you are mistaken. Colletti is done and has no chance for a 6th year.
Glad you conceded that the 6th year is available although rare. In rare cases you have 6 to play 4. That was my point. Its no different for any sport. Those are NCAA eligibility rules.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I didn't concede anything. I said he didn't qualify for one and I am right. Nice try at deflection. You just won't admit that you were mistaken when it came to Colletti.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:I didn't concede anything. I said he didn't qualify for one and I am right. Nice try at deflection. You just won't admit that you were mistaken when it came to Colletti.
He didn't apply to qualify for one like Tanner Lee did. Nice try at deflecting. Thanks for conceding. :mrgreen:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wavemania wrote:I figured he would wind up there when he didnt get drafted. Now with a great pitching coach, he will get drafted in the 5th round or better next year.
I'll take that bet. He's had three different years to get drafted (after his HS Senior year, his third year at Tulane and his fourth year at Tulane) and hasn't. Now he's going to be a top round draft pick his fourth time eligible?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:I didn't concede anything. I said he didn't qualify for one and I am right. Nice try at deflection. You just won't admit that you were mistaken when it came to Colletti.
He didn't apply to qualify for one like Tanner Lee did. Nice try at deflecting. Thanks for conceding. :mrgreen:
LOL. You are so childish. He couldn't apply b/c he didn't qualify in any way , shape or form. He played four years. He would have had to leave Tulane and apply for one based on coaching change. You were dead wrong on the issue. Deal with it. As for me I have a close relative dying in the hospital.We were raised as siblings and have maintained that relationship forever. We live two minutes from each other and are very involved in each others lives. One of the main reasons we come to these boards is to get a pleasant break from the realities of the world. Instead I came home late last night from the hospital and got the hate and am getting it again before I leave to go back there. I am done with the subject as I schooled you in it.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
LOL. You are so childish. He couldn't apply b/c he didn't qualify in any way , shape or form. He played four years. He would have had to leave Tulane and apply for one based on coaching change. You were dead wrong on the issue. Deal with it. As for me I have a close relative dying in the hospital.We were raised as siblings and have maintained that relationship forever. We live two minutes from each other and are very involved in each others lives. One of the main reasons we come to these boards is to get a pleasant break from the realities of the world. Instead I came home late last night from the hospital and got the hate and am getting it again before I leave to go back there. I am done with the subject as I schooled you in it.
Sorry to hear that about your relative. I'll say a prayer for you. You came out first and brought it on yourself. Go read your post below. I only asked about Colletti and was politely told by Prowizard. Sorry I only hate losing.
winwave wrote:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
wavemania wrote:I figured he would wind up there when he didnt get drafted. Now with a great pitching coach, he will get drafted in the 5th round or better next year.
I'll take that bet. He's had three different years to get drafted (after his HS Senior year, his third year at Tulane and his fourth year at Tulane) and hasn't. Now he's going to be a top round draft pick his fourth time eligible?
A side note:
JP wanted big money to pass on signing with Tulane out of HS. He was a potential high draft choice out of HS.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
McWave
High Tide

Maybe this should be it own thread but several have mentioned Grant Brown and JP decided to not come back weeks ago. Most believe it was due to TJ. JP landed at MSU because of a "great pitching coach", recruited to TU by Jake and dislike of TJ. Ok. I can see that argument.

Will MSU or Texas extend an offer to Grant. Grant improved his batting avg. and slg% to .315 and .567, respectively in 2017. Also hit 9 HRs. His batting avg. was .228 (2014), .229 (2015), .184 (2016). Looks like he worked hard and improved his hitting with his best results under TJ. So he also wants to leave because of TJ? Honest question, I have not personal insight into Grant's decisions. Has Grant expressed his concerns with TJ.

As I believe it is with JP, cost is in the equation. One year of MSU tuition to follow a dream is a lot more palatable then TU tuition. Especially in the case of Grant. I believe his dad past last year (I feel for Grant. Way too young to lose a parent.) and that may put a higher financial burden of the family.

I don't thing everything is on TJ. By the way, TU's highest drafted player(Ted Andrews) "praised" TJ and staff for this draft success. If I missed his TJ dis, please correct me. I don't follow anyone of twitter.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

McWave wrote:Maybe this should be it own thread but several have mentioned Grant Brown and JP decided to not come back weeks ago. Most believe it was due to TJ. JP landed at MSU because of a "great pitching coach", recruited to TU by Jake and dislike of TJ. Ok. I can see that argument.

Will MSU or Texas extend an offer to Grant. Grant improved his batting avg. and slg% to .315 and .567, respectively in 2017. Also hit 9 HRs. His batting avg. was .228 (2014), .229 (2015), .184 (2016). Looks like he worked hard and improved his hitting with his best results under TJ. So he also wants to leave because of TJ? Honest question, I have not personal insight into Grant's decisions. Has Grant expressed his concerns with TJ.

As I believe it is with JP, cost is in the equation. One year of MSU tuition to follow a dream is a lot more palatable then TU tuition. Especially in the case of Grant. I believe his dad past last year (I feel for Grant. Way too young to lose a parent.) and that may put a higher financial burden of the family.

I don't thing everything is on TJ. By the way, TU's highest drafted player(Ted Andrews) "praised" TJ and staff for this draft success. If I missed his TJ dis, please correct me. I don't follow anyone of twitter.
Tuition for the One-Year Masters program at Tulane is offered at $12,500 per semester for the 2017-2018. That seems reasonable if he really wanted to stay.
http://www2.tulane.edu/sse/cell/academi ... d-fees.cfm
Tulane Class of 1981
McWave
High Tide

DP has been criticized on this board. I know because I criticized his lack of recruiting success. And I am not the only one. Anyone remember the Nicholl's game with lost 2-1 when Nicholls sac bunted for two runs. Lot's of hated headed DP's way on that one. I recall runner on 2nd and 3rd. Sac bunt to 3rd. Hope tosses to first, runner on second never slows down and takes home on the throw. There were lots of hate that night.

Several have criticized the lack of pitching talent this season. Jake and DP were recruiting in 2014 -2016 not TJ. I was please with DP's game management and pitching instruction/management. DP improved the team BA from 2014 - 2015 and lowered team ERA. But that was not with the majority of his recruits. TJ maintained team BA but ERA exploded. Let's hope increased talent improves the ERA. JP's ERA increased this year but I believe that had more to do with extended innings and weekend starts. JP was presses into later innings as the bullpen was sketchy. And I believe he may have pitched more mid week games in 2016. But I have no desire to check that. If I am off, I am sure I will be corrected.
McWave
High Tide

TPS, thanks for the info.

I have only located some seriously stringent science curriculums for this one year option. Here's a few of the one year programs, medical genetics, cell & molecular biology, microbiology and immunology, etc. There is a summer 2018 (inception) one year program targeted for business. The requirements for the one year programs do not seem to parallel JP's Homeland Securities Studies major. MSU probably has more options for graduate studies. Plus these courses have limited acceptance and entrance requirements. MSU is a good option for JP. why not accept that.

If you believe $25K to get an advance degree in something you have not expressed any interest in is cheap, then I'll pass your name along to the development department.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DP didn't have any available money to recruit here with. It was all tied up in that huge Sr class before he arrived. If you remember he took his better recruits with him to Texas. I remember that play at Nicholas St and saw it in person. It also happened to LSU against SELA in the regionals. LSU is now in the Final Four. It's unusual but happens more often than one would think. If that's the only thing to criticize that's pretty good. Bottom line DP is a winner. He's been to a regional every year he's been a HC. Also won a CWS as an assistant at Rice. No reason not to hold him in high regard. He brought us to two regionals in his time here with Gautreau's recruits. So either the talent was good or the coaching was good. Or both.
Tulane Class of 1981