JP France

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

McWave wrote:TPS, thanks for the info.

I have only located some seriously stringent science curriculums for this one year option. Here's a few of the one year programs, medical genetics, cell & molecular biology, microbiology and immunology, etc. There is a summer 2018 (inception) one year program targeted for business. The requirements for the one year programs do not seem to parallel JP's Homeland Securities Studies major. MSU probably has more options for graduate studies. Plus these courses have limited acceptance and entrance requirements. MSU is a good option for JP. why not accept that.

If you believe $25K to get an advance degree in something you have not expressed any interest in is cheap, then I'll pass your name along to the development department.
He's your Friday night starter. That would qualify him for a large amount of baseball scholarship money. Point being he didn't leave because of tuition.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
McWave
High Tide

I get he would have been an asset. I would have enjoyed him staying. But does he want to attend advanced sciences classes for next 10 months and will he pass them? He has his degree in the field of study he wants. He's following the dream now at the place which give his the best chance to accomplish that in his mind. He's got the next 40 years covered...its about next year or so now.

So, DP didn't recruit because Jake used up all the scholies and when scholies were freed up and offered to recruits (2016) DP took all the better recruits to Texas and left TJ with what was left.....and TJ's is a horrible coach because he didn't make a regional. Ok I got it. I understand now. Thanks.

Maybe LSU should allow some more two run sac bunts and they could win in all. OSU is the perfect team to execute that plan. In fact let me clue JT in so we can win it all next year...thanks again. Just because it happens does not make it acceptable. I think LSU more than makes up for the lack of concentration in talent. Take a look at the recent MLB draft...I know the draft means nothing.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

By the way JP was offered fulls to all the other schools that were in the discussion.
Tulane Class of 1981
McWave
High Tide

OK ..... Great news. Then $$ was not in the way. He made the best "baseball" choice in his mind. I can not say it any louder... I am happy for him. Same holds for Grant if any of those schools offer him a similar opportunity.
Pepper
Swell

and the hits keep on coming.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
chain gang x man
Swell

McWave wrote:OK ..... Great news. Then $$ was not in the way. He made the best "baseball" choice in his mind. I can not say it any louder... I am happy for him. Same holds for Grant if any of those schools offer him a similar opportunity.
JP's ambition is to take a shot at MLB and if it doesn't work out he would like to coach
He probably feels his best shot is with Ms St where the coach has MLB contacts and he can improve in next years draft
Pepper
Swell

JP's ambition is to take a shot at MLB and if it doesn't work out he would like to coach
He probably feels his best shot is with Ms St where the coach has MLB contacts and he can improve in next years draft[/quote]

If he wants to coach, I know who won't hire him!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:Crickets from winwave I see.
Actually this is what started it. There was no need for it. No need at all but for you to express your hate.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
McWave
High Tide

Then I guess a one year masters curriculum in medical genetics really would not make sense. I am glad JP is where he wants to be. Good for him.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:Crickets from winwave I see.
Actually this is what started it. There was no need for it. No need at all but for you to express your hate.
Sorry you took it that way. I wasn't hating only messing with you. I know sometimes it's hard to get the intent of what is typed in a message. But I was looking forward to getting your take on JP. Especially leaving Tulane and going to play for AC. Had he went to LSU that really would have been mind blowing.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

phpBB [video]
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It was old news . We were all hoping he would get drafted and start chasing his dream. We also knew if he didn't he wasn't coming back and would likely land at Texas or MSU based on connections. Be honest this was more about the continuation of the bashing of the program plain and simple. It also was done with bad intent. You say in one sentence you were messing with me but then in another saying you wanted my take. At that point not many had posted on the topic b/c they knew the real intent of it and are just worn out by it. Minor sports are now over with. We have moved on to the major sports and Grambling is next up.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:It was old news . We were all hoping he would get drafted and start chasing his dream. We also knew if he didn't he wasn't coming back and would likely land at Texas or MSU based on connections. Be honest this was more about the continuation of the bashing of the program plain and simple. It also was done with bad intent. You say in one sentence you were messing with me but then in another saying you wanted my take. At that point not many had posted on the topic b/c they knew the real intent of it and are just worn out by it. Minor sports are now over with. We have moved on to the major sports and Grambling is next up.
Im still waiting for the day Tulane football becomes major again. "Show Me".
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We all are.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:We all are.
So true.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
So true.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hopefully one day soon we can share some cold ones over that happening.
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
So true.

Will never happen. That's my biggest peave with this AD. He's dumping all of our money Into football at the expense of ruining our top 25 brand of baseball. Only thing he's going to accomplish is destroying our baseball program and maybe if he has the right coach we will go to a bowl game here and there. That's what this AD will always be known for regardless of what happens....his legacy is that he hates baseball.

Vanderbilt is in the sec and they still can't compete in football. we may make a bowl game every few years or so but his AD is going to destroy our baseball to achieve it. Hope I'm wrong.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

RollWaveRoll wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
So true.

Will never happen. That's my biggest peave with this AD. He's dumping all of our money Into football at the expense of ruining our top 25 brand of baseball. Only thing he's going to accomplish is destroying our baseball program and maybe if he has the right coach we will go to a bowl game here and there. That's what this AD will always be known for regardless of what happens....his legacy is that he hates baseball.

Vanderbilt is in the sec and they still can't compete in football. we may make a bowl game every few years or so but his AD is going to destroy our baseball to achieve it. Hope I'm wrong.
A few short years ago, Vanderbilt was a monster in football under James Franklin (finished '12 and '13 seasons in top 25), and their current coach, Derek Mason, had Vanderbilt very close to breaking through last year (6 regular season losses, but only 1 of those 6 losses was by more than 9 points = GaTech).
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
So true.

A few short years ago, Vanderbilt was a monster in football under James Franklin (finished '12 and '13 seasons in top 25), and their current coach, Derek Mason, had Vanderbilt very close to breaking through last year (6 regular season losses, but only 1 of those 6 losses was by more than 9 points = GaTech).
exactly my point, we may have a year or two but it is not sustainable. Their is a reason Tcu and vandy make baseball there brand....they have a powerhouse factory going as we once did and still should have if we had admin we need.
nowave
Ripple

RollWaveRoll wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
So true.

+10000

tulane could be a career job for the right coach, like rick jones. if football or mens basketball has a strong year those coaches will be hired immediately by a p5 school and then we are back to the drawing board. and I think we can all agree that dannens hiring practices have been highly questionable at best.

ill be the happiest person in the world if football and mens basketball achieve maintained success. but if they dont and the efforts to do so come at the detriment of the regularly-succesful baseball program then heads should roll.
Bearwave
High Tide

RollWaveRoll wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
So true.

exactly my point, we may have a year or two but it is not sustainable. Their is a reason Tcu and vandy make baseball there brand....they have a powerhouse factory going as we once did and still should have if we had admin we need.

TCU is pretty damned good in football too. They're not baseball only
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

Bearwave wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
So true.

TCU AD del conte stated this week during CWS "football is our enterprise but baseball is our brand". On a side note , tcu was 6-7 last year and 4-5 In big 12.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

RollWaveRoll wrote:
Bearwave wrote:
TCU AD del conte stated this week during CWS "football is our enterprise but baseball is our brand". On a side note , tcu was 6-7 last year and 4-5 In big 12.
TCU was 6-7 last year, but it was 11-2 the year before and 12-1 the year before that, and Vegas puts TCU's over/under at 8 this year.
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:
Bearwave wrote:
TCU was 6-7 last year, but it was 11-2 the year before and 12-1 the year before that, and Vegas puts TCU's over/under at 8 this year.
I didn't say they were bad, but they're not some powerhouse. They've had 2 losing seasons since joining big 12 5 years ago and was 1 game away from having a 3rd yr. would be great to get those results.....but they didn't ignore baseball program to get it like our ad is. They should be our model.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Oh, that we were tied at the hip with TCU!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson