Jake Gautreau named Asst coach at Miss St.

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2830
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:48 am

Pepper wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:44 am
tpstulane wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:44 am
winwave wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:59 pm
Rough series for MSU's offense. In three of the four games they only scored a total of 5 runs. Can't win like that. JP , who could never crack the starting rotation there , was only called on to throw one inning.
He only pitched one inning because he experienced shoulder pain. Hopefully it’s not serious. State got thrown out twice at second with runners on to end the inning. OSU had superior talent. I believe they will sweep Ark.
OSU was so dominant in the regional and super I thought they would breeze to the final. Miss St played an amazing month and a half of baseball. Hats off to Jake and the Bulldogs.
Big overachievement just to get to the SEC tournament not to mention a CWS semi final. Incredible accomplishment for Jake and the Bulldogs. Hope things work out for this Tulane Hall of Famer.


DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6255
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:53 am

Show Me wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:48 am
Big overachievement just to get to the SEC tournament not to mention a CWS semi final. Incredible accomplishment for Jake and the Bulldogs. Hope things work out for this Tulane Hall of Famer.
+ 1
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1896
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:34 pm

Moo State reportedly hiring Indiana Head Coach Chris Lemonis. Jake to stay on as Assistant.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/spo ... 729702002/
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
Pepper
Surge
Posts: 666
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:54 am

ajcalhoun wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:34 pm
Moo State reportedly hiring Indiana Head Coach Chris Lemonis. Jake to stay on as Assistant.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/spo ... 729702002/
Smart move by Jake. He'll be an SEC HC sooner than later.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17871
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:14 am

Pepper wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:54 am
ajcalhoun wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:34 pm
Moo State reportedly hiring Indiana Head Coach Chris Lemonis. Jake to stay on as Assistant.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/spo ... 729702002/
Smart move by Jake. He'll be an SEC HC sooner than later.
Jake did a great job adjusting their hitting approach towards their big run. Smart baseball people easily recognize his ability. He’ll get an opportunity somewhere to be a HC for sure.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12308
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:16 am

LOL. Like great minds just knew AC was the greatest ever. Jake was a great player here. Coaching wise not so much. He was here for 5 years of no post season. Coached us to a losing season. Then went 3 years without a coaching job till he was hired by another former Tulanian.. This would be his first coaching job without it coming from a Tulane connection. He should do well there. It's MSU. They are an elite program that recruits itself. Tough job coaching elite payers. That's the facts.

Now back to the false narrative ...
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17871
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:28 am

So he’s retained by an “elite” program only because has happened to be hired by a Tulane guy. Ok good to know its an elite program with no national titles. To not acknowledge the great job he did this year is just wrong and is in line with your anti-Rick Jones agenda. FYI Travis Jewett offered Jake the assistant job two years ago and Jake turned it down and stayed with his scouting job. Carry on with your anti RJ agenda. It’s quite obvious.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7871
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:30 am

winwave wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:16 am
LOL. Like great minds just knew AC was the greatest ever. Jake was a great player here. Coaching wise not so much. He was here for 5 years of no post season. Coached us to a losing season. Then went 3 years without a coaching job till he was hired by another former Tulanian.. This would be his first coaching job without it coming from a Tulane connection. He should do well there. It's MSU. They are an elite program that recruits itself. Tough job coaching elite payers. That's the facts.

Now back to the false narrative ...
WOW, an "elite" program and U hire someone from Indiana.. how "elite" is that ?!?!?!?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17871
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:35 am

golfnut69 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:30 am
winwave wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:16 am
LOL. Like great minds just knew AC was the greatest ever. Jake was a great player here. Coaching wise not so much. He was here for 5 years of no post season. Coached us to a losing season. Then went 3 years without a coaching job till he was hired by another former Tulanian.. This would be his first coaching job without it coming from a Tulane connection. He should do well there. It's MSU. They are an elite program that recruits itself. Tough job coaching elite payers. That's the facts.

Now back to the false narrative ...
WOW, an "elite" program and U hire someone from Indiana.. how "elite" is that ?!?!?!?
Lol. And I’ll add an “elite” program with no national titles.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2830
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:42 am

tpstulane wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:14 am
Pepper wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:54 am
ajcalhoun wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:34 pm
Moo State reportedly hiring Indiana Head Coach Chris Lemonis. Jake to stay on as Assistant.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/spo ... 729702002/
Smart move by Jake. He'll be an SEC HC sooner than later.
Jake did a great job adjusting their hitting approach towards their big run. Smart baseball people easily recognize his ability. He’ll get an opportunity somewhere to be a HC for sure.
+1
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7871
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:44 am

tpstulane wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:35 am
golfnut69 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:30 am
winwave wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:16 am
LOL. Like great minds just knew AC was the greatest ever. Jake was a great player here. Coaching wise not so much. He was here for 5 years of no post season. Coached us to a losing season. Then went 3 years without a coaching job till he was hired by another former Tulanian.. This would be his first coaching job without it coming from a Tulane connection. He should do well there. It's MSU. They are an elite program that recruits itself. Tough job coaching elite payers. That's the facts.

Now back to the false narrative ...
WOW, an "elite" program and U hire someone from Indiana.. how "elite" is that ?!?!?!?
Lol. And I’ll add an “elite” program with no national titles.
Let's start a "Bring Back Ron Polk' campaign
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12308
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:51 am

tpstulane wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:28 am
So he’s retained by an “elite” program only because has happened to be hired by a Tulane guy. Ok good to know its an elite program with no national titles. To not acknowledge the great job he did this year is just wrong and is in line with your anti-Rick Jones agenda. FYI Travis Jewett offered Jake the assistant job two years ago and Jake turned it down and stayed with his scouting job. Carry on with your anti RJ agenda. It’s quite obvious.
No agenda . Just the facts. You can't refute that history so you go personal. Typical.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7871
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:55 am

as Sgt Friday would utter "Just the facts "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississip ... s_baseball
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17871
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:04 am

winwave wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:51 am
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:28 am
So he’s retained by an “elite” program only because has happened to be hired by a Tulane guy. Ok good to know its an elite program with no national titles. To not acknowledge the great job he did this year is just wrong and is in line with your anti-Rick Jones agenda. FYI Travis Jewett offered Jake the assistant job two years ago and Jake turned it down and stayed with his scouting job. Carry on with your anti RJ agenda. It’s quite obvious.
No agenda . Just the facts. You can't refute that history so you go personal. Typical.
The facts are Miss St made to the CWS semi-final and Jake played a big role in that success. So much so that he is being retained just confirms that fact. You continue to cloud threads with anti Jones agenda every chance you can. Just give it a rest and move on.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12308
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:07 am

golfnut69 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:30 am
winwave wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:16 am
LOL. Like great minds just knew AC was the greatest ever. Jake was a great player here. Coaching wise not so much. He was here for 5 years of no post season. Coached us to a losing season. Then went 3 years without a coaching job till he was hired by another former Tulanian.. This would be his first coaching job without it coming from a Tulane connection. He should do well there. It's MSU. They are an elite program that recruits itself. Tough job coaching elite payers. That's the facts.

Now back to the false narrative ...
WOW, an "elite" program and U hire someone from Indiana.. how "elite" is that ?!?!?!?
Wouldn't be this AD's first mistake.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12308
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:09 am

tpstulane wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:04 am
winwave wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:51 am
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:28 am
So he’s retained by an “elite” program only because has happened to be hired by a Tulane guy. Ok good to know its an elite program with no national titles. To not acknowledge the great job he did this year is just wrong and is in line with your anti-Rick Jones agenda. FYI Travis Jewett offered Jake the assistant job two years ago and Jake turned it down and stayed with his scouting job. Carry on with your anti RJ agenda. It’s quite obvious.
No agenda . Just the facts. You can't refute that history so you go personal. Typical.
The facts are Miss St made to the CWS semi-final and Jake played a big role in that success. So much so that he is being retained just confirms that fact. You continue to cloud threads with anti Jones agenda every chance you can. Just give it a rest and move on.
I didn't post anything about Rick. This is about Jake as a coach. You're the one that has to have everything revolve around Rick. Give it a rest already and move on. The facts are on my side again.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1896
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:21 am

tpstulane wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:35 am
Lol. And I’ll add an “elite” program with no national titles.
Hey Now! We recently had a thread where we called ourselves "elite" with two CWS.

Moo State has ten. Plus 35 Tourney appearances.

Florida State hasn't won a title either. 22 CWS and 55 Tourneys. Are they also not an "elite" program?
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
Pepper
Surge
Posts: 666
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:29 am

I'll give you some facts:
RJ was the best coach in Tulane history.
Jake was one of the finest players in Tulane history. He's well on his way in becoming one of the finer hitting coaches in the country. Basball America, D-1, ESPN commentators all can't be wrong.
Travis Jewitt has led a once proud program into the toilet and Vanderbilt doesn't seem to miss him.

This thread was about a Tulane player excelling as a coach. You had to chime in and shit on everybody's parade because he was a RJ player. You need to give it a rest, you are wrong and in the minority. Most fans are proud when their school's players are recognized for their achievements. I'm curious did RJ do something to you personally?
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17871
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:48 am

ajcalhoun wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:21 am
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:35 am
Lol. And I’ll add an “elite” program with no national titles.
Hey Now! We recently had a thread where we called ourselves "elite" with two CWS.

Moo State has ten. Plus 35 Tourney appearances.

Florida State hasn't won a title either. 22 CWS and 55 Tourneys. Are they also not an "elite" program?
Yes and some called me out for posting Curtis tweet of it. :oops:
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12308
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:04 pm

ajcalhoun wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:21 am
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:35 am
Lol. And I’ll add an “elite” program with no national titles.
Hey Now! We recently had a thread where we called ourselves "elite" with two CWS.

Moo State has ten. Plus 35 Tourney appearances.

Florida State hasn't won a title either. 22 CWS and 55 Tourneys. Are they also not an "elite" program?
Exactly.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12308
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Pepper wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:29 am
I'll give you some facts:
RJ was the best coach in Tulane history.
Jake was one of the finest players in Tulane history. He's well on his way in becoming one of the finer hitting coaches in the country. Basball America, D-1, ESPN commentators all can't be wrong.
Travis Jewitt has led a once proud program into the toilet and Vanderbilt doesn't seem to miss him.

This thread was about a Tulane player excelling as a coach. You had to chime in and sh*t on everybody's parade because he was a RJ player. You need to give it a rest, you are wrong and in the minority. Most fans are proud when their school's players are recognized for their achievements. I'm curious did RJ do something to you personally?
Fact is as a coach he failed at Tulane. He was here for 5 of the 6 straight years we didn’t go to the post season. Last place finishes. Not even making the conference tournament. Not good times. Don’t want to relive that. If you can’t handle discussing the matter in its entirety you need to stay off of fan forums. This isn’t the yogwf site where you can surprise the facts. There is nothing to suggest he’s going to be one of the best hitting coaches in the country. I hope it happens for him but there is nothing to suggest he is.

RJ was the best baseball coach we had. However Shaunessy, Bowden, Clark are coaches that were the best in the two major sports.

Nothing wrong with being honest about things.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17871
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:07 pm

Let’s not forget Jake was responsible for our last Top 25 recruiting class that led to two straight Regional appearances. That’s quite a feat at a private school with little to no admin help.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Surge
Posts: 666
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:22 pm

Fact is as a coach he failed at Tulane. He was here for 5 of the 6 straight years we didn’t go to the post season. Last place finishes. Not even making the conference tournament. Not good times. Don’t want to relive that. If you can’t handle discussing the matter in its entirety you need to stay off of fan forums. This isn’t the yogwf site where you can surprise the facts. There is nothing to suggest he’s going to be one of the best hitting coaches in the country. I hope it happens for him but there is nothing to suggest he is.

RJ was the best baseball coach we had. However Shaunessy, Bowden, Clark are coaches that were the best in the two major sports.

Nothing wrong with being honest about things.
I don't think he failed as a coach here. In August 2013, Gautreau was named an 'Assistant Ready to Lead' by Perfect Game for his work with the Green Wave in his first four years on the staff. Midway through his fifth season in 2014, He got the HC gig when RJ stepped down in the middle of the season. He was the program's recruiting coordinator, hitting instructor and infielders coach. He tutored some of the finest hitters to come through Tulane (Rob Segedin, Jeremy Schaffer, Garrett Cannizaro and Brennan Middleton) were all selected in the MLB First-Year Player Draft. Hitting was never seen as a problem during those years if I remember correctly. So when guys like Kyle Peterson & Baseball America state the obvious about Jake, you are my friend are in the minority and as usual wrong in your assessment. I'm not sure why you interjected football & basketball coaches into a baseball conversation other than to shit on baseball with that moronic "major sports" comment. I ask you again what is your personal issue with RJ and his former players? And I notice you did not opi about your boy TJ since we are talking about honesty.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12308
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:35 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:07 pm
Let’s not forget Jake was responsible for our last Top 25 recruiting class that led to two straight Regional appearances. That’s quite a feat at a private school with little to no admin help.
First off again it was rated in the 50's when signed. He then coached them to a losing season. We have had freshman come in and not only contribute but win player of the year awards. so no excuses.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12308
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:42 pm

Pepper wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:22 pm
Fact is as a coach he failed at Tulane. He was here for 5 of the 6 straight years we didn’t go to the post season. Last place finishes. Not even making the conference tournament. Not good times. Don’t want to relive that. If you can’t handle discussing the matter in its entirety you need to stay off of fan forums. This isn’t the yogwf site where you can surprise the facts. There is nothing to suggest he’s going to be one of the best hitting coaches in the country. I hope it happens for him but there is nothing to suggest he is.

RJ was the best baseball coach we had. However Shaunessy, Bowden, Clark are coaches that were the best in the two major sports.

Nothing wrong with being honest about things.
I don't think he failed as a coach here. In August 2013, Gautreau was named an 'Assistant Ready to Lead' by Perfect Game for his work with the Green Wave in his first four years on the staff. Midway through his fifth season in 2014, He got the HC gig when RJ stepped down in the middle of the season. He was the program's recruiting coordinator, hitting instructor and infielders coach. He tutored some of the finest hitters to come through Tulane (Rob Segedin, Jeremy Schaffer, Garrett Cannizaro and Brennan Middleton) were all selected in the MLB First-Year Player Draft. Hitting was never seen as a problem during those years if I remember correctly. So when guys like Kyle Peterson & Baseball America state the obvious about Jake, you are my friend are in the minority and as usual wrong in your assessment. I'm not sure why you interjected football & basketball coaches into a baseball conversation other than to sh*t on baseball with that moronic "major sports" comment. I ask you again what is your personal issue with RJ and his former players? And I notice you did not opi about your boy TJ since we are talking about honesty.
You again skirt the fact that for all of his time here we made no post season. We didn't set the world on fire hitting wise. If he was so great he wouldn't have been out of coaching for three years. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise. If you don't consider that failure then you value being in with some people more than you care about the state of the program. Plus if he was what those people suggested then he would be a HC long before now. I interjected those others because the way you post that about him being Tulane's best coach ever comes across as saying including all sports. You didn't qualify it.

The issue a lot of people have with him is that he stayed well past his expiration date. He put himself above the program. He went to this all Tulane staffing which clearly failed instead of hiring the best coaches .Whenever these HC's stop getting good assistants their stars fall. See Clark.

As for TJ I most certainly have called him out. I started last year in calling for him to fire his pitching coach. I called out his poor decision making this year and the poor play of the team. I also pointed out though that he was going to be given at least a third year due to his contract. So I didn't bother going off the deep edge b/c I knew he was coming back.
Last edited by winwave on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
Post Reply