Jake Gautreau

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great hire by Andy!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

Yep! Great hire. Excited and proud for Gaut!

https://mobile.twitter.com/KendallRoger ... 5473556480

Especially after the way typical tulane admin treated another one of our own.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Another branch sprouts from the Rick Jones tree!
Those two are going to give LSU something to worry about in the SEC West. Recruiting top 5 classes going to be a regular occurrence now for the Bulldog nation.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

What if.
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote:What if.
Thinking that same thing. What if Dannen cared about baseball. Only Tulane could blow the single easiest hire in school history in every sport now.
Pepper
Swell

Congrats to the Gaut.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
msdos
Swell

fuck it

new avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

msdos wrote:f**k it

new avatar
:mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981
McWave
High Tide

Congrats for Jake! He was a major player in TU's 2013 and 2014 recruiting classes.
Jaxwave
Swell

Had AC taken the job it's not a given he wouldn't have subsequently taken the MSU job when it opened.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:Had AC taken the job it's not a given he wouldn't have subsequently taken the MSU job when it opened.
Ofcourse it is. He really wanted this job. Wouldn't have done that to Tulane.
McWave
High Tide

What about Jake? I believe TJ offered him last year the same job he just accepted at MSU. And this is not Jake bashing. But I use it to illustrate the point. I have no issues with Jake or anyone doing what is best for themselves and their family.

So for Jake, the money was probably greater at MSU. Good reason to take the job. Easier to recruit due to lower tuition and therefore compete. Good reason to take the Job. Work with someone you played college ball with and are on good terms. Good reason to take the job. Awesome facilities. Good reason.

Loyal to your alma mater. Not a practical reason to take the job given previous reasons. At some point, AC/anyone would have realized this. So I can't easily weigh loyalty into the equation. And that is no slam on AC/anyone.

Hypothetical,if AC is TU HC and if AC flounders. Why does he flounder, all the headwinds I mentioned MSU does not have. He would have blown a great opportunity.

Pleased for AC and JG personally and professionally. Clearly a blessing in disguise for them.
Profoundwizard
Swell

McWave wrote:What about Jake? I believe TJ offered him last year the same job he just accepted at MSU. And this is not Jake bashing. But I use it to illustrate the point. I have no issues with Jake or anyone doing what is best for themselves and their family.

So for Jake, the money was probably greater at MSU. Good reason to take the job. Easier to recruit due to lower tuition and therefore compete. Good reason to take the Job. Work with someone you played college ball with and are on good terms. Good reason to take the job. Awesome facilities. Good reason.

Loyal to your alma mater. Not a practical reason to take the job given previous reasons. At some point, AC/anyone would have realized this. So I can't easily weigh loyalty into the equation. And that is no slam on AC/anyone.

Hypothetical,if AC is TU HC and if AC flounders. Why does he flounder, all the headwinds I mentioned MSU does not have. He would have blown a great opportunity.

Pleased for AC and JG personally and professionally. Clearly a blessing in disguise for them.
Loyalty to your alma mater may not be a practical reason to take the job, but AC clearly wanted the Tulane job. Whether that was his reason or not he wanted the job.
He probably wouldn't have floundered at Tulane. But if you guys need to convince yourself that he wouldn't have stayed at Tulane or he wouldn't have been good here to make it not look so bad or to make yourselves feel better, go right ahead.
McWave
High Tide

Whatever dude. :lol:
sader24
Tsunami

I don't think he was gonna take a job here after they didn't give it to Cannizaro. I had heard Cannizaro had him lined up to join him at Tulane if he got the job. Seems like what I heard was correct since he hired him in his first full offseason at Miss. St.
sader24
Tsunami

If Cannizaro got the job here he may have eventually left, but not anytime soon. His dream was to build Tulane into a Top 10 program and win a National Championship here.
sader24
Tsunami

At the end of the day those two are in a much better spot professionally than they would've been here. We clearly don't have the will, the means, or the competence to compete at a very high level in any of the sports. Sad to say but there's no other way to see it at this point.
Profoundwizard
Swell

sader24 wrote:I don't think he was gonna take a job here after they didn't give it to Cannizaro. I had heard Cannizaro had him lined up to join him at Tulane if he got the job. Seems like what I heard was correct since he hired him in his first full offseason at Miss. St.
Right, probably didn't like that AC was passed up and he probably figured he'd be joining Cannizaro somewhere else soon enough.
nawlinspete
Riptide

sader24 wrote:At the end of the day those two are in a much better spot professionally than they would've been here. We clearly don't have the will, the means, or the competence to compete at a very high level in any of the sports. Sad to say but there's no other way to see it at this point.
You are clearly not a fan of Tulane athletics; why don't you take yourself elsewhere ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Pepper
Swell

sader24 wrote: We clearly don't have the will, the means, or the competence to compete at a very high level in any of the sports.
Truer words have never been spoken!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Show Me
Tsunami

sader24 wrote:At the end of the day those two are in a much better spot professionally than they would've been here. We clearly don't have the will, the means, or the competence to compete at a very high level in any of the sports. Sad to say but there's no other way to see it at this point.
Dead on Sader. So sad but so true.
wavemania
Surge

McWave, would you take an assistant job at the school that just passed over you for the head coaching gig? Why would you think Jake would. He had plenty of loyalty to Tulane, only to be shoved out the door.
McWave
High Tide

probably not. But I also don't see what Jake did to earn the job. If it came down to loyalty, Chad should have been given the job.