Terri Sisk

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Sad day. Terri Sisk resigned today.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:Sad day. Terri Sisk resigned today.
Why?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Why?
Not sure. This came out of left field for me.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Why?
Come on TPS you have to know that Dannen wants to bring in his own people. Stockton next.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Why?
Come on TPS you have to know that Dannen wants to bring in his own people. Stockton next.
Well yes that's crossed my mind. I guess only in time we'll know for sure.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Why?
You really think the AD wants to bring in his own Women's tennis coach? Really??
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Why?
You really think the AD wants to bring in his own Women's tennis coach? Really??
Apparently you don't know the ego of this man.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Why?
You know this how?
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Why?
You know this how?
From large donors I'm friends with. Some of which are now ex-donors.
Bearwave
High Tide

Perhaps lack of a facility near campus played a part? Having to go to city park everyday isn't ideal for recruiting.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bearwave wrote:Perhaps lack of a facility near campus played a part? Having to go to city park everyday isn't ideal for recruiting.
That's very possible. She has recruited on the new facility that was promised. If that's not going to happen then perhaps she had no choice in the matter.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Why?
You know this how?
Have you ever met the man? I have not. But if you haven't, by definition, your assumptions are based upon hearsay.
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Why?
You know this how?
Have you ever met the man? I have not. But if you haven't, by definition, your assumptions are based upon hearsay.
Yes. I've met him and he seemed ok by me. But that was the day Tulane introduced him his first day here. I have no reason not to believe the comments others have made to me based on their interactions with the man. Having an ego is fine when you can back it with results. Saban, Bowden, Trump etc.
Last edited by Show Me on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nowave
Ripple

DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Why?
You know this how?
former donor and longtime lurker here...finally drummed up the courage to speak my voice.

i have met this man on numerous occasions. never have i met someone more pompous and uninterested about anything other than himself.

hence, why i am a former donor.

i will not donate a penny as long as he is in charge. some may see that as detrimental to the success of the athletes, i see it as using my actions to speak out against this man.

seeing this news today does not surprise me in the slightest. dannen is everything that is wrong with college athletics.

best of luck to coach sisk and whatever she chooses to do. whatever that may be, she will immediately be in a better situation than what she is leaving.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nowave wrote: former donor and longtime lurker here...finally drummed up the courage to speak my voice.

i have met this man on numerous occasions. never have i met someone more pompous and uninterested about anything other than himself.

i will not donate a penny as long as he is in charge. some may see that as detrimental to the success of the athletes, i see it as using my actions to speak out against this man.

seeing this news today does not surprise me in the slightest. dannen is everything that is wrong with college athletics.

best of luck to coach sisk and whatever she chooses to do. whatever that may be, she will immediately be in a better situation than what she is leaving.
I'm curious what were the occasions for you to meet him? If you've met him on numerous occasions, why did someone that only thinks about himself meet with you?
Show Me
Tsunami

nowave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Why?
You know this how?
former donor and longtime lurker here...finally drummed up the courage to speak my voice.

Thanks for joining and having the courage to post your experience. Pretty much what I've heard as well.
nowave
Ripple

DfromCT wrote:
nowave wrote: former donor and longtime lurker here...finally drummed up the courage to speak my voice.

I'm curious what were the occasions for you to meet him? If you've met him on numerous occasions, why did someone that only thinks about himself meet with you?
because his job is to meet with people like me, people who donate and care about tulane.

the occasions were fundraising parties. was rubbed the wrong way the first time we spoke due to this air he had about himself. gave him another chance at a crawfish boil event he was at outside of louisiana and got the same impression. i can say i was not the only one there who felt that way.

after reading the horror stories on this forum for months about how he has carried himself and how he has handled situations, i knew it was time to halt my donations. sending my money to more worthy causes.

the only reason I come to this site is to hope and pray that someday soon, he is on the first train out of town on a one-way ticket.
nowave
Ripple

Show Me wrote:
nowave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Why?
You know this how?

Thanks for joining and having the courage to post your experience. Pretty much what I've heard as well.
thx for having me!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

OK, fair enough. I've never met the man, but he sure doesn't come across that way in interviews and press conferences. I'll take your word for it. It just seems so different from how the man comes across. I did email him directly once and got a very well worded and thought out response. And I'm pretty sure it was from him, not an assistant. His predecessor never returned a phone call or replied to an email. I am not a deep pocket donor, but I have, over the years, given what I could afford to give.

The only thing I really didn't like that he was directly responsible for was how the gameday experience went downhill after Barbara Burke left. I have ZERO issues with how he handled his coaching hires. Other incidents that were reported here I did not care to comment on because I don't know what happened behind closed doors. I know a lot of folks hold him to the grindstone for not hiring Matt Riser or Andy Cannizaro. Again, having not been in the room during the interviews, I don't know what went down, so I won't comment on it.

I know a few of the other posters here have also met him a few times. I would be interested to hear if they have the same impression as you do.

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting.
nowave
Ripple

DfromCT wrote:OK, fair enough. I've never met the man, but he sure doesn't come across that way in interviews and press conferences. I'll take your word for it. It just seems so different from how the man comes across. I did email him directly once and got a very well worded and thought out response. And I'm pretty sure it was from him, not an assistant. His predecessor never returned a phone call or replied to an email. I am not a deep pocket donor, but I have, over the years, given what I could afford to give.

The only thing I really didn't like that he was directly responsible for was how the gameday experience went downhill after Barbara Burke left. I have ZERO issues with how he handled his coaching hires. Other incidents that were reported here I did not care to comment on because I don't know what happened behind closed doors. I know a lot of folks hold him to the grindstone for not hiring Matt Riser or Andy Cannizaro. Again, having not been in the room during the interviews, I don't know what went down, so I won't comment on it.

I know a few of the other posters here have also met him a few times. I would be interested to hear if they have the same impression as you do.

appreciate it
BC Wave
Swell

I consider myself a moderate level donor:
Coach's corner level
Westfeldt Terrace season ticket
Former Ultimate Fan ticket.

I have met Dannen on several occasions and he has never failed to be anything but outgoing, cordial and friendly.
greenphantom
Swell

DfromCT wrote:OK, fair enough. I've never met the man, but he sure doesn't come across that way in interviews and press conferences. I'll take your word for it. It just seems so different from how the man comes across. I did email him directly once and got a very well worded and thought out response. And I'm pretty sure it was from him, not an assistant. His predecessor never returned a phone call or replied to an email. I am not a deep pocket donor, but I have, over the years, given what I could afford to give.

I don't buy any of this. This smells of a few people with an axe to grind, especially since they have no facts to support it. I am friends with a large donor who speaks very highly of him. Granted, I've only met him once myself but it was at a function and he came across as good guy.

Even if he does have an ego, who cares? Most successful people have a strong opinion of themselves. He was hired to be a leader, something the athletics department has sorely lacked for a long, long time.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

BC Wave wrote:I consider myself a moderate level donor:
Coach's corner level
Westfeldt Terrace season ticket
Former Ultimate Fan ticket.

I have met Dannen on several occasions and he has never failed to be anything but outgoing, cordial and friendly.
I share the same sentiments as BC. I haven't had any unpleasant conversations with TD. I've had probably 3 conversations with him and one of them was at a private party and he's been cordial/friendly/ and extremely out-going. I guess I would be a low level donor maybe moderate, and even then, TD made me feel like my small support made a big difference. Maybe we could get a few more examples of how or when TD was being pompous? It seems a bit strange cause he came from UNI and I'm not sure if anyone can be pompous from that area.
DrBox
Riptide

Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Why?
In 10+ seasons her teams made 0 NCAAs. (Presuming they don't make it this year- they are reasonably close).
But by all means let's take this opportunity to bash Tulane
alumniwave
Low Tide

Wow. Surprised at that comment of Dannen. You can't make everyone happy. I know many AD's and Troy is more down to earth and approachable than most. Coaches rave about his support and how progressive he is. He has hired incredible assistant AD's that will no doubt move Tulane up to the elite where it should be. In this case, CHANGE IS GOOD. Probably ruffle some sensitive feathers along the way. But I'm hearing nothing but great things.