Sandy Barbour

DfromCT
Riptide

Re: Sandy Barbour

Postby DfromCT » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:00 am

ajcalhoun wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Say what you will about PSU football, but they were conference champs in a conference that sent two teams to the four team playoff.

You're right my bad. My memory failed me, thinking that both OSU and Michigan got to the playoff, when in fact Washington took the spot I thought Michigan had.

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

winwave
Green Wave

Postby winwave » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:10 am

lurker123 wrote:
winwave wrote:LOL. People got so tired of knocking him they felt compelled to come up w/something he could do. So they siad he could fundraise. Fact is he wasn't any good at that either.

Lots to knock Dickson about with much justification. You can fail with a 65 grade and still be good at something. If you think he was bad at fundraising, why don't you go ask the folks who gave Tulane $100+ million for athletic facilities? To a school that some around here repeatedly bemoan as the worst of worst of college programs and those posters are self proclaimed fans? Hertz, Benson, Yulman, Glazer, Devlin and others are all accessible. Just ask them if Dickson helped or hindered their donations.

I'm truly wondering? Did the money just appear out of thin air?

First off we needed a lot more than $100 million. Our facilities still suck. Second off he couldn't raise the funds so SC got board members that he appointed to pony up most of it. RD sucked at everything.

It's the facilities stupid!

DfromCT
Riptide

Postby DfromCT » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:16 am

lurker123 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Say what you will about PSU football, but they were conference champs in a conference that sent two teams to the four team playoff. Did you forget that PSU won the division and the Conference Championship game? And oh yeah, they beat Ohio State, a team that will play pinball with the scoreboard when Tulane takes the field against them.

Do us a favor and save that question for Fritz's pregame coach's show the week of the OSU game. I'm sure he'll be happy to address your concern about his poor little team.

What is the question?

I stated that OSU will put up huge points against us in Columbus next year. Don't believe it? Talk to fans or players from Bowling Green (77 points) Tulsa (48 points in a 45 point win versus a bowl bound team) Rutgers (58), Nebraska and Maryland (62 points each). They'll score as many as they need to impress the pollsters. Heaven forbid we play them a week after they suffer a loss; they might score 100. Same holds true for OU this season. They'll light the scoreboard early and often.
Last edited by DfromCT on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

JerseyWave
Riptide

Postby JerseyWave » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:12 pm

lurker123 wrote:
winwave wrote:LOL. People got so tired of knocking him they felt compelled to come up w/something he could do. So they siad he could fundraise. Fact is he wasn't any good at that either.

Lots to knock Dickson about with much justification. You can fail with a 65 grade and still be good at something. If you think he was bad at fundraising, why don't you go ask the folks who gave Tulane $100+ million for athletic facilities? To a school that some around here repeatedly bemoan as the worst of worst of college programs and those posters are self proclaimed fans? Hertz, Benson, Yulman, Glazer, Devlin and others are all accessible. Just ask them if Dickson helped or hindered their donations.

I'm truly wondering? Did the money just appear out of thin air?

Every school Tulane is up against has spent $100 million on Athletic facilities over the past decade and Tulane is still woefully behind.