Micah Owings

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Micah Owings

Postby tpstulane » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:46 am

Nice story here!
http://m.mariners.mlb.com/news/article/ ... d=fb_share

What he did know is that he wanted to give the Majors another try. The last pitch he threw in a big league uniform came with the Padres on April 25, 2012. Almost five years later, he's back in Spring Training, giving it his all. So far this spring, he has a 4.15 ERA in four outings."I love the game, and I love to compete," Owings said. "That's why I was willing to go to York. I wasn't doing it for financial reasons, obviously. Just anything but to go out and compete. It's why I've always enjoyed playing the game."

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

DfromCT
Tsunami

Re: Micah Owings

Postby DfromCT » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:53 am

Nice story, thanks for posting, Tim.

If Micah doesn't get back to the big leagues, I'd love to see him on the Tulane staff. I think he can help with both the hitting and the pitching. IMHO, he was head and shoulders the best player on the team that was ranked #1 all year and came up short in Omaha. That was, by a long shot, Tulane's most talented team. And he was the best player on it.

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia