Eric Price

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Before the game we were ranked 112th of the FBS teams in points scored.

Lee has all the blame for Memphis. He was putrid.

Big picture: our high powered offensive minded NFL experienced HC is lost and does not have a clue.

Ricky must be fired just so we can purge the worthless Prices.

TPS is correct, the two kickers are beyond worthless along with Lee. Picarelli looked terrified when the FG snap was blown, HE RAN AWAY FROM CONTACT, not wanting to get involved in the scrum !
Last edited by nawlinspete on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Dave breslin
Swell

Let the defense play both ways - like small high schools do. Or punt on first down. Wait , I've seen our ST on punt/kicking. Just play defense and refuse to take the field on offense. That would confuse other teams .
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I know we are in a tough spot as Lee appears to be the future, but I think the decision to go pro style instead of duel threat may ultimately bring down this HC. The pro style offense is a tough fit for the "state of TU" recruiting approach. We just will never get the big time OL in this state but can get the mid tier athletes.
puffy
Surge

mbawavefan12 wrote:
The game is moving way too fast for him. The first pick was Montana against ULL esque. He locks in on WRs too much.
I still believe the WRs are a big part of the problem because there isn't much separation so he feels like he has to always make perfect throws. I don't know if is a talent issue or route design but there is no reason why we are in year 3 and only have FR with potential, especially considering CJs background.
I was looking back at CJ's first two recruiting classes. The first one, he inherited most of Toledo's commitments. I believe he got Lorenzo Doss on board, who was a WR commit at the time. The other was Kedrick Banks and he's not with the program any longer.

CJ's first full recruiting class in 2013 had only one WR commit: Tristan Cooper, who RS'd and hasn't caught a pass all season.

The 2014 class boasts the 3 WR freshman you spoke of: Veal, Encelade and James, who have combined for 62 receptions and a touch over 600 receiving yards.

Of the 14 players listed as WRs (and James is listed separately as an ATH), it looks like almost half of them are walk-ons.

Currently, there are no WR or ATH commits in 2015.

So judging by that, I'm inclined to believe it's a lack of experienced talent that has become abundantly clear in the last few games.
Last edited by puffy on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

puffy wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
The game is moving way too fast for him. The first pick was Montana against ULL esque. He locks in on WRs too much.
I still believe the WRs are a big part of the problem because there isn't much separation so he feels like he has to always make perfect throws. I don't know if is a talent issue or route design but there is no reason why we are in year 3 and only have FR with potential, especially considering CJs background.
I was looking back at CJ's first two recruiting classes. The first one, he inherited most of Toledo's commitments. I believe he got Lorenzo Doss on board, who was a WR commit at the time. The other was Kedrick Banks and he's not with the program any longer.

CJ's first full recruiting class in 2013 had only one WR commit: Tristan Cooper, who RS'd and hasn't caught a pass all season.

The 2014 class boasts the 3 WR freshman you spoke of: Veal, Encelade and James, who have combined for 62 receptions and a touch over 600 receiving yards.

Of the 14 players listed as WRs (and James is listed separately as an ATH), it looks like almost half of them are walk-ons.
Man that's bad. WR should be one of the easiest positions to recruit with a former Saints coach working the in LA.
puffy
Surge

mbawavefan12 wrote: Man that's bad. WR should be one of the easiest positions to recruit with Saints former coach working the in the "State of TU".
Yeah. A little perplexing, although I guess CJ saw deficiencies just about everywhere else and decided to focus on stocking up on those areas. He also had Ryan Grant for his first two seasons, and maybe felt it was the position of least need at the time.

I forgot to include the TE's, where there are almost as many scholarship players (5) to WR (8). Jones has done a few things as a true frosh and maybe Ardoin will do somethings down the road.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

puffy wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote: Man that's bad. WR should be one of the easiest positions to recruit with Saints former coach working the in the "State of TU".
Yeah. A little perplexing, although I guess CJ saw deficiencies just about everywhere else and decided to focus on stocking up on those areas. He also had Ryan Grant for his first two seasons, and maybe felt it was the position of least need at the time.

I forgot to include the TE's, where there are almost as many scholarship players (5) to WR (8). Jones has done a few things as a true frosh and maybe Ardoin will do somethings down the road.
with the way the Saints and Tulane are scoring points junk this total "O" scheme
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
puffy
Surge

golfnut69 wrote:
with the way the Saints and Tulane are scoring points junk this total "O" scheme
I don't like to criticize players or coaches...I'm just a fan who never stepped foot on a football field.

I do like making observations, however:

Eric Price's total offense rankings in his last 4+ seasons as an offensive coordinator (2012-Now with Tulane, 2010-2011 Memphis):

Memphis 2010: 118th out of 120

Memphis 2011: 116th out of 120

Tulane 2012: 111th out of 124

Tulane 2013: 112th out of 124

Tulane 2014 (so far): 103rd out of 124

So, clearly, EP is trending up as an OC. :roll:
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

puffy wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
I don't like to criticize players or coaches...I'm just a fan who never stepped foot on a football field.

Eric Price's total offense rankings in his last 4+ seasons as an offensive coordinator (2012-Now with Tulane, 2010-2011 Memphis):

How the hell do you hire him after the Memphis performance? I smell RD's shady hands all over this......not sure if Rd's tampering would be worse than if CJ hired Price after making his own unsolicited assessment.
Wave QB
Swell

We already knew that CJ's first 3 years wouldn't showcase many WR's on the signee list because we needed so many other positions upgraded. There were many posters here including myself who expected a big WR year in 2015.

As far as an OC goes, WE NEED TO MAKE A CHANGE!!! We need a new O line coach as well.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Lee should have been benched at least for a series or two. His throws were not even close all night. Looks like the injury has affected him.
Agreed TPS, once Lee looked so bad but the defense looked so good, it was then time to go to the Connecticut game plan, dink passes from Montana and hope the defense would keep us in it.
It doesn't look like he has learned much since he is still making the same mistakes as in week one. He has the arm but so far it appears that he lacks that other stuff needed to run a sophisticated pro-type offense. We either hire an offensive coord that runs a spread and go in a different direction or we suffer growing pains with Tanner and this pro offense. The coaches love Lee so that looks like the route we'll take for now. We have no one behind Lee that can run this pro offense. Powell can't and red-shirt freshmen Glen C. won't be able to in 2015. Montana has the mental aspect and experience but lacks the physical ability, Lee has the physical ability but lacks the mental aspect and experience to effectively run this offense. So we really don't have a QB for this season. Hopefully Lee matures and learns the mental aspect for 2015 if we stay in the direction.

THe first pick looked NOTHING like the UL-L Montana pick. Shack should have fought for the ball and didn't. He gave it aligator arms at best. The Montana pick was so bad that the pump fake put the DB into the passing lane, running full speed when Montana FINALLY threw the ball. I blame Shack as much as Lee for that first pick 6. Shack has been giving the aligator arms on many passes this year, rather than GOING AND GETTING THE BALL. His career ends in two games, he has zero future in football.

Lee needs to grow up and mature. The coaches need to do a better job, and hopefully we'll have better QB and O-coordinators in place shortly after the season ends.
I don't know, I watched the replay again and he just stared the guy in the face and threw it right to him. Shack could have done more but it was a real bad pick.
puffy
Surge

Wave QB wrote: As far as an OC goes, WE NEED TO MAKE A CHANGE!!! We need a new O line coach as well.
I would hope that there would be some major shake-ups in the coaching staff come mid-December. I think CJ will get at least two more seasons to turn things around, unless the team goes 1-11 or 0-12 next season. By early in his 5th season, we should know whether or not he's the guy.
sader24
Tsunami

Another thing that drives me nuts is all the different personnel grouping changes every single play. It seems like we have 5 new guys on the field every time we snap. How about letting a RB get in a rhythm every now and then instead of changing Rbs every play. It seemed to work against Houston. We are not the Saints.
Wave QB
Swell

sader24 wrote:Another thing that drives me nuts is all the different personnel grouping changes every single play. It seems like we have 5 new guys on the field every time we snap. How about letting a RB get in a rhythm every now and then instead of changing Rbs every play. It seemed to work against Houston. We are not the Saints.

That has been driving me crazy since day 1 with CJ. 2 RB's is enough beat C-USA and AAC teams. CJ's so called "packages" do not work and never have. Every big win in his era came from 1 RB and 1 QB handling business. CJ needs to realize that he isn't in the NFL. He is at a FBS program that hasn't even seen many Buds Broiler Bowls in this 6 win bowl qualifying era!
puffy
Surge

Wave QB wrote:
sader24 wrote:Another thing that drives me nuts is all the different personnel grouping changes every single play. It seems like we have 5 new guys on the field every time we snap. How about letting a RB get in a rhythm every now and then instead of changing Rbs every play. It seemed to work against Houston. We are not the Saints.

That has been driving me crazy since day 1 with CJ. 2 RB's is enough beat C-USA and AAC teams. CJ's so called "packages" do not work and never have. Every big win in his era came from 1 RB and 1 QB handling business. CJ needs to realize that he isn't in the NFL. He is at a FBS program that hasn't even seen many Buds Broiler Bowls in this 6 win bowl qualifying era!
Early on that was supposed to be a recruiting tactic: Come here to play for our former Saints position coach who uses a pro-style offense! Thus far the results have not produced bountiful points on a consistent basis in almost three full seasons.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

puffy wrote:
Wave QB wrote:

Early on that was supposed to be a recruiting tactic: Come here to play for our former Saints position coach who uses a pro-style offense! Thus far the results have not produced bountiful points on a consistent basis in almost three full seasons.
Hell... The "Saints" are not producing points either.... dump this train wreck "O"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

puffy wrote:
Wave QB wrote:

We get that, but it also hasn't produced any top end offensive recruiting talent.
nawlinspete
Riptide

puffy wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

Ricky Dicky sees no trend. "What trend are you speaking of ? Get off my university. Mommy, they're picking on me and they refuse to go across the street."

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Eaglewave
Swell

Wave QB wrote:Fellas,

It is not the Saints playbook that is killing us. We have had some games in the CJ era when our offensive scheme has given opponents pure hell when executed correctly. When our QB's are clicking and the offensive line is doing at least an average job of blocking, our offensive game looks far advanced for our opponents. I know many of you haven't been paying attention to this due to so many losses, but there are plenty of games in the CJ era that fans have left the stadium saying, "if our offense could play the same way they played today for the rest of the season, we could have a great season." We have seen Griffin, Montana and Lee have good days running this CJ twisted Saints offense.

Griffin:

Montana

Lee

It's an undisciplined team and poor coaching that is hurting us. CJ needs to get rid of the Price brothers, McDonell and Drake. We as fans and alumni need to put heat on CJ to hire some better staff members every chance we get. We need to hire a former Saint that knows Payton playbook, a former PAC 12 or ACC offensive coordinator that is looking to get back into the mix of the FBS world, or even a top lower division coordinator that runs a high scoring/similar styled offense that is looking for his big FBS shot to make a name for himself. Price needs to go.

Man. We look explosive in all of those games. You have a good point, but Price needs to go..
Ball Sumrall!
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Eric Price.....Tick Tick Tick.
OGSB
Swell

Mandeville Wave wrote:Eric Price.....Tick Tick Tick.
We wish
Livin' rent free
sader24
Tsunami

The offense is right on track according to CJ. I often wonder what game he is watching during our games.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

sader24 wrote:The offense is right on track according to CJ. I often wonder what game he is watching during our games.
Yup was thinking the same thing.
breaker
Ripple

In 2010 and 2011, Price's last two years at Memphis, the offense averaged 285 and 274 yards per game. Now Memphis is averaging 427.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

breaker wrote:In 2010 and 2011, Price's last two years at Memphis, the offense averaged 285 and 274 yards per game. Now Memphis is averaging 427.
He's terrible. I posted this earlier in the season but we have some close friends that live in Memphis and follow the Tigers. They were ecstatic when Price left Memphis. They truly believed that if Porter had another OC he would have stayed longer and would always tell us just how bad this guy Price was.

I was shocked when CJ hired him....shocked! Lets just say Price doesn't have the best reputation in college football circles.

But unfortunately he will be back..... My season tickets will not if that is the case.