Congrats Kellie Kennedy!

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

In becoming the winningest coach in Loyola basketball history!
http://www.loyolawolfpack.com/SIDHelp/m/a%7C1361.php
The Wolf Pack (5-2) handily defeated the Majors 84-53 but the real story of the evening was Loyola head coach Kellie Kennedy. With the convincing victory on Monday, Kennedy earned her 174 career win to surpass longtime Wolf Pack men's basketball coach – and Loyola Hall of Famer – Jack Orsley (1940-57) as the winningest basketball coach in Loyola history.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

gotta admit, I used to love going to the "Fieldhouse"...not a bad seat in the place....I remember attending a Coach's clinic and John Wooden was the featured speaker
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:gotta admit, I used to love going to the "Fieldhouse"...not a bad seat in the place....I remember attending a Coach's clinic and John Wooden was the featured speaker
Raised floor and Ronnie Cole playing the piano for entertainment during the Bucs games. I loved when he play " Three Blind Mice" after a bad call.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:gotta admit, I used to love going to the "Fieldhouse"...not a bad seat in the place....I remember attending a Coach's clinic and John Wooden was the featured speaker
Raised floor and Ronnie Cole playing the piano for entertainment during the Bucs games. I loved when he play " Three Blind Mice" after a bad call.
I agree...still have a Buc's basketball signed by Steve "Snapper' Jones...and a Buc's tie clasp...I loved when the Pittsburgh Pipers came to town with Connie Hawkins !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
I agree...still have a Buc's basketball signed by Steve "Snapper' Jones...and a Buc's tie clasp...I loved when the Pittsburgh Pipers came to town with Connie Hawkins !!!
Those were the days for sure! When I was a kid my dad covered the Bucs and he'd bring me home those leather red/white/blue balls. I'd wear them out on cement. Wish I'd kept one. I still have the first media guide and I got Larry Brown to sign it last time he came in to play the Wave. He got a kick out of it. He told me he loved his time in NOLA.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Those were the days for sure! When I was a kid my dad covered the Bucs and he'd bring me home those leather red/white/blue balls. I'd wear them out on cement. Wish I'd kept one. I still have the first media guide and I got Larry Brown to sign it last time he came in to play the Wave. He got a kick out of it. He told me he loved his time in NOLA.
Of all places to meet Larry Brown after a game..was...Shakey's Pizza on Vets Blvd !!!!...he was there with his wife and Doug Moe.....I met Doug many years later when he was coaching the Nuggets at the DFW Airport...it was in the morning, the terminal was crowded with few seats available for waiting, he had a cup of coffee and a bagel on one of the seats, I walked up and said "Excuse me Coach, he said he was sorry and began to pick up his coffee, I told him he did not have to, that I used to go the the Bucs games...he then told me I HAD to sit down...we began talking and the whole Nugget team gather around for a first hand history lesson of their franchise and the ABA...what a great 35 minute wait for a plane
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Of all places to meet Larry Brown after a game..was...Shakey's Pizza on Vets Blvd !!!!...he was there with his wife and Doug Moe.....I met Doug many years later when he was coaching the Nuggets at the DFW Airport...it was in the morning, the terminal was crowded with few seats available for waiting, he had a cup of coffee and a bagel on one of the seats, I walked up and said "Excuse me Coach, he said he was sorry and began to pick up his coffee, I told him he did not have to, that I used to go the the Bucs games...he then told me I HAD to sit down...we began talking and the whole Nugget team gather around for a first hand history lesson of their franchise and the ABA...what a great 35 minute wait for a plane
Those were fun times. Lost in Game 7 of the first ABA championship game on channel 26 which was then on uhs (I think is the term). Had to have a converter box to watch it. Loved the mini McDonald's basketballs they would throw out. Still have one. Had that red ,white and blue ball signed by Commissioner George Mikan for a long time till Katrina.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Those were fun times. Lost in Game 7 of the first ABA championship game on channel 26 which was then on uhs (I think is the term). Had to have a converter box to watch it. Loved the mini McDonald's basketballs they would throw out. Still have one. Had that red ,white and blue ball signed by Commissioner George Mikan for a long time till Katrina.
I think 26 was a UHF channel..Ultra High Frequency
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Of all places to meet Larry Brown after a game..was...Shakey's Pizza on Vets Blvd !!!!...he was there with his wife and Doug Moe.....I met Doug many years later when he was coaching the Nuggets at the DFW Airport...it was in the morning, the terminal was crowded with few seats available for waiting, he had a cup of coffee and a bagel on one of the seats, I walked up and said "Excuse me Coach, he said he was sorry and began to pick up his coffee, I told him he did not have to, that I used to go the the Bucs games...he then told me I HAD to sit down...we began talking and the whole Nugget team gather around for a first hand history lesson of their franchise and the ABA...what a great 35 minute wait for a plane
Nice story!
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Those were fun times. Lost in Game 7 of the first ABA championship game on channel 26 which was then on uhs (I think is the term). Had to have a converter box to watch it. Loved the mini McDonald's basketballs they would throw out. Still have one. Had that red ,white and blue ball signed by Commissioner George Mikan for a long time till Katrina.
Tough loss there. One of a kind.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

where the hell is Babe McCarthy when ya need him !!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:where the hell is Babe McCarthy when ya need him !!!!
Lol. Good one!
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
I think 26 was a UHF channel..Ultra High Frequency
Yep that's it.LOL.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:where the hell is Babe McCarthy when ya need him !!!!
We lost out in the playoffs at home the next season. I waited for him to come off the court and told him he was still the best. Good man and good coach.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Kellie has Loyola WBB on fire 14-0 and 9th in the country.
https://crescentcitysports.com/unbeaten ... tid=Zxz2cZ
Thus far in the 2022-23 season, Loyola is ranked ninth nationally at 14-0, having won all 14 games by double figures. The closest anyone has come to Loyola is 13 points.
Wolf Pack women stay put at No. 9 in latest NAIA rankings
Coaches’ Top 25 Poll on Wednesday KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Loyola University New Orleans women’s basketball team is a perfect 14-0 overall and 7-0 in Southern States Athletic Conference play, and as one of four remaining undefeated teams, the Wolf Pack remains the No. 9 ranked team and is one of just four unbeaten teams in the nation on the NAIA level.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Another big win for Kellie and her Women Wolfpack. On to the Sweet 16.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Can she walk across the (Freret) Street? :mrgreen:

Congrats to the Wolfpack.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V