Rich Rod

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
HoustonWave
Swell

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:11 pm

JerseyWave wrote:Fired for alleged sexual harassment.
The Hollywood crowd has been hit, the politicians have been hit, the hypocritical media has been hit, so I'm won't be surprised if this is the first of college coaches to get hit. I bet there are some nervous dudes out there.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Riptide

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:21 pm

JerseyWave wrote:Fired for alleged sexual harassment.
Some reports say RR was fired without cause so if true Arizona will have to pay his contract. One article says an independent investigation failed to show sufficient evidence of sexual harassment to justify a termination for cause? The RR termination story seems to be still evolving?
JerseyWave
Riptide

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:26 pm

Sounds like a complete snow job against RichRod.

1. The woman who brought the allegations to Arizona’s attention in October refused to turn over any evidence she claimed to have. She threatened a lawsuit against the University.

2. Both the President and AD at Arizona are in their first year while Rich Rod has been there for six. Clearly they were looking for a reason to replace RichRod with their own guy. They will pay the buyout on his contract and the decision was made the day after Arizona’s bowl game loss.
Bigschtick
Swell

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:03 am

JerseyWave wrote:Sounds like a complete snow job against RichRod.

1. The woman who brought the allegations to Arizona’s attention in October refused to turn over any evidence she claimed to have. She threatened a lawsuit against the University.

2. Both the President and AD at Arizona are in their first year while Rich Rod has been there for six. Clearly they were looking for a reason to replace RichRod with their own guy. They will pay the buyout on his contract and the decision was made the day after Arizona’s bowl game loss.
Actually, there are reports that they had made the decision to fire him before the game.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
Ruski
Surge

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:22 am

I hope they go after Sumlin and not Norvell. This AAC season is huge with TV negotiations coming up, need our best to be their best.
MicMan
Surge

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:58 am

None of this surprises anyone who has covered RR.
winwave
Wild Pelican

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:47 pm

Ruski wrote:I hope they go after Sumlin and not Norvell. This AAC season is huge with TV negotiations coming up, need our best to be their best.
Norvell has character issues that have so far kept the P5's away.
Let's Do This!
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:02 pm

winwave wrote:
Ruski wrote:I hope they go after Sumlin and not Norvell. This AAC season is huge with TV negotiations coming up, need our best to be their best.
Norvell has character issues that have so far kept the P5's away.
You just gonna leave us hangin'?
Jonathan: I have nothing now to complain about on any TU coaches.
golfnut69
Green Wave

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:14 pm

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:07 pm

Les Miles under consideration as his replacement:
https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/ ... -rodriguez
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
Bigschtick
Swell

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:51 pm

He was schtuping somone other than his wife. A definite no-no especially if you get caught,just
sayin.
Wave755
Riptide

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:12 pm

Bigschtick wrote:He was schtuping somone other than his wife. A definite no-no especially if you get caught,just
sayin.
Yes, his real problem might now be Mrs. Rodriquez to whom he may well be paying one-half of his contract buyout from Arizona. :x
sader24
Tsunami

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:08 am

His "womanizing" was well known and not well liked by some high up in the TulaneAthletic Dept when he was here. I remember hearing it back then as one of the reasons they didn't hire him. Of course who knows how accurate that was, but I do remember hearing it.
DfromCT
Tsunami

Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:50 am

sader24 wrote:His "womanizing" was well known and not well liked by some high up in the TulaneAthletic Dept when he was here. I remember hearing it back then as one of the reasons they didn't hire him. Of course who knows how accurate that was, but I do remember hearing it.
Sandy Barbour had hired him before Cowen went behind her back and hired Scelfo. That was the beginning of the end of Sandy's days at Tulane, if I remember correctly.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
JerseyWave
Riptide

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:38 am

My son is a freshman at The U of Arizona. We’re disgusted by everything we’ve read and heard about RichRod and that the school is going to pay him $6 million as a going away present. In today’s politically correct climate RichRod is finished as a Head Coach at a major University. Maybe he can get a coordinator job at a P5 school after getting his family issues taken care of.
golfnut69
Green Wave

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:44 am

Bigschtick wrote:He was schtuping somone other than his wife. A definite no-no especially if you get caught,just
sayin.
see what happens, when U take a job just because your wife has allergies !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Swell

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:04 am

JerseyWave wrote:My son is a freshman at The U of Arizona. We’re disgusted by everything we’ve read and heard about RichRod and that the school is going to pay him $6 million as a going away present. In today’s politically correct climate RichRod is finished as a Head Coach at a major University. Maybe he can get a coordinator job at a P5 school after getting his family issues taken care of.

JerseyWave: My permanent residence is in Tucson for the last 14 years. If your son needs anything I can help with, let me know. The University needs its head examined giving this man 6 million. He may be finished as
a head coach but this schmuck can look forward to a very comfortable retirement even if his old lady
takes half!
Bigschtick
Swell

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:20 am

golfnut69 wrote:
sayin.
see what happens, when U take a job just because your wife has allergies !!!!

You should not stay with a babe that has allergies especially if she is allergic to you!
Bigschtick
Swell

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:38 am

Latest news: Rodriquez did nothing about a player with a serious drug problem saying: He will be fine"
only for the player to die shortly thereafter from an overdose. As the university learns more, will they wake up and terminate for cause?
anEngineer
High Tide

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:46 am

Maybe this will finally stop the endless posts about not hiring Rodriguez in the previous century. It's long past time to move on from talking about that.
Wave755
Riptide

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:59 am

anEngineer wrote:Maybe this will finally stop the endless posts about not hiring Rodriguez in the previous century. It's long past time to move on from talking about that.
You are so correct, sir. And, in that way we can devote even more time and posts to 21st Century Tanner Lee! :thumbup:
JerseyWave
Riptide

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:17 am

Bigschtick wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:My son is a freshman at The U of Arizona. We’re disgusted by everything we’ve read and heard about RichRod and that the school is going to pay him $6 million as a going away present. In today’s politically correct climate RichRod is finished as a Head Coach at a major University. Maybe he can get a coordinator job at a P5 school after getting his family issues taken care of.

JerseyWave: My permanent residence is in Tucson for the last 14 years. If your son needs anything I can help with, let me know. The University needs its head examined giving this man 6 million. He may be finished as
a head coach but this schmuck can look forward to a very comfortable retirement even if his old lady
takes half!
Thanks for the offer. It's getting ugly for UA athletics and RichRod. Lots of dirt getting thrown around.
Wave755
Riptide

Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Speaking of getting messier, in “defense” of RichRod :confused: former AU quarterback Matt Scott now claims AU basketball coach Sean Miller paid players. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/colle ... -1.3738852

The fun may have just begun @ AU.
Wave755
Riptide

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:49 pm

This should prove interesting, RR to address national convention of coaches this afternoon. Yes, he serves as the group's president. And, I would presume this will be a very awkward speech indeed even if simply as a greeting. :)

https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/r ... convention
golfnut69
Green Wave

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:43 pm

Wave755 wrote:This should prove interesting, RR to address national convention of coaches this afternoon. Yes, he serves as the group's president. And, I would presume this will be a very awkward speech indeed even if simply as a greeting. :)

https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/r ... convention
this is the same group that had Briles on the agenda, who was to speak about IX compliance ...I bet that would have been one hell of a interesting speech/address...RR was to follow, with an indepth address regarding work place sexual behavior, the proper do's and don'ts